Good's Food to Go Refillable Drinks Options

JTT

Original Poster
Going to Old Key West in the fall. Should I buy a refiibale mug?

At Good's Food to Go, what are the options for sodas and teas with the refillbale mug?

CaptainAmerica

How long is your trip, how much time do you spend at the pool, do you drink coffee every morning, and what category of room did you book?

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
I was at OKW 3 weeks ago.
It depends on how much (or little you drink). For us, it was worth getting the Refillable Mugs.

They have your usual sodas plus iced tea, a variety of hot tea bags, regular/decaf coffee and hot cocoa.
IMG_8346.jpg

Last edited:

Jon81uk

For a six day stay I think you would need 1-2 refills a day to break even. If you are happy walking to the food court to get it then it is worth it, particularly for coffee. Just one coffee and one soda would probably cover the cost and any further refills are a bonus.

But you might find it cheaper to make coffee in the room and buy a 2 litre bottle of soda to keep in the fridge... Especially if your room is a long walk to the food court.

JIMINYCR

The value depends on how much you will get to use them. We get our use out of them. Our usual trips last 14 days. We always start the day off with a coffee. Then our day is in the parks. The refillable mugs get used when we return to the resort at the end of the day. I probably refill 2 or more times throughout the evening. DW does less. I'm sure DS does more.
As a tip.... we pack/bring a small container of dish soap and a small scrub brush with us. After using the mugs over a few days they can start to stain and retain the taste of whats being used in the mug. A lot of people just do a quick rinse out with water, but to get them cleaner and have no lingering taste a good scrub out with dish soap between usage helps a lot.

yedliW

I think they would be a much better value if they were larger than 12oz. I think 20 or even 32oz would be a good size. As it is now, unless you are close to a refill station, for me, it isn't worth walking to get the equivalent of a can of soda..

Also, if there was a spot in the parks that you could fill them, that would be great, even if it was a dollar to fill them at a park QS counter..

Tom 55

I have not gotten the refillable mugs the last couple of times I have been down to WDW. I find that bringing the mug from my room to food court and using it then what? Walk all the way back to room to put away and then walk to bus to park. Or end up carrying it around with you all day long. I try to carry as little as possible when visiting parks. After long day at park walk all the way to room to get mugs and then back to food court to fill and then back to room. I just buy a bottle of Diet Coke from the vending machines near my room and pay for a drink when I have breakfast at food court.

yedliW

I have not gotten the refillable mugs the last couple of times I have been down to WDW. I find that bringing the mug from my room to food court and using it then what? Walk all the way back to room to put away and then walk to bus to park. Or end up carrying it around with you all day long. I try to carry as little as possible when visiting parks. After long day at park walk all the way to room to get mugs and then back to food court to fill and then back to room. I just buy a bottle of Diet Coke from the vending machines near my room and pay for a drink when I have breakfast at food court.

When we have been on DDP, and gotten it included, I used it.. on trips where we didn't do DDP, I didn't miss not having the mug.

Bartledvd

we get free dinning each trip but rarely use the mugs just a hassle carrying them around. we prefer to just buy case of water and use sugar free concentrated fruit juices to flavour them and as a bonus much better for you than the sickly sweet sodas.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom