Goodbye or Good Riddance Epcot VP Melissa Valiquette?

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
With the current changes and the declining state Epcot has sat in for the past 20 years I do not know much about this former Vice President but could this bring some change over to Epcot despite plans that are already taking place?

castlecake2.0

I went through 4, 5(?) VPs during my time at Epcot, and she was definitely the one I saw walking around the park the least. I know a lot of the decisions come from further up in the company, but one thing the VP of a park Can really champion is cast morale. I hope the next VP can do this, and hopefully push to slowly start bringing back cultural reps to help bring the heart of the park back and keep the cast motivated through all these changes.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
I went through 4, 5(?) VPs during my time at Epcot, and she was definitely the one I saw walking around the park the least. I know a lot of the decisions come from further up in the company, but one thing the VP of a park Can really champion is cast morale. I hope the next VP can do this, and hopefully push to slowly start bringing back cultural reps to help bring the heart of the park back and keep the cast motivated through all these changes.
Whoever was VP thru out 2010-2014 tried. It really started to look like we were going to get Epcot Center back but 2014 and on was a real disappointment. Heck I remember after Test Track the next planned project was a Journey into Imagination overhaul and was the only thing we knew of. I’ll take Millennium Celebration Epcot back over this, just no wand tho.

JIMINYCR

It doesnt matter who inherits the position, they are stepping into a whole whooping bundle of chaos. Good luck to anyone trying to turn things around and make EP a park that everyone will be satisfied with. Starting with the financial losses, scaling back plans and reworking things to make it work is a grand headache. Whatever does get done, we will see it as once again, a park that could have been but never was.

Cmdr_Crimson

It doesnt matter who inherits the position, they are stepping into a whole whooping bundle of chaos. Good luck to anyone trying to turn things around and make EP a park that everyone will be satisfied with. Starting with the financial losses, scaling back plans and reworking things to make it work is a grand headache. Whatever does get done, we will see it as once again, a park that could have been but never was.
How the Former VP Hands over with their last words to the next one taking over...
118443510_3074255986033987_4714343506687900954_o.jpg

MadTeacup

Not to mention the toxic leadership culture she oversaw.

The Empress Lilly

turn things around and make EP a park that everyone will be satisfied with.
Isn't that the very cause of many of EPCOT's problems though? That EPCOT is always asked to please audiences that don't like EPCOT?

An EPCOT that satisfies EPCOT fans somehow has never been enough for TWDC. They perennially shove those who do like it aside for those who don't.

JIMINYCR

Isn't that the very cause of many of EPCOT's problems though? That EPCOT is always asked to please audiences that don't like EPCOT?

An EPCOT that satisfies EPCOT fans somehow has never been enough for TWDC. They perennially shove those who do like it aside for those who don't.
Yes. EP could be a fantastic park if it had a solid plan built around the inclusion of more countries, their cultures and the interesting histories and diversity each could showcase. Having a lack of attractions built along with the pavilions so theres a mix of fun with culture has hurt the park immensely. Thrilling attractions bring in the numbers. Fans have been disappointed by Disney thinking its enough to cram in festivals and food kiosks to hold the park up. And I dont buy that Disney can only build in more countries only if those countries sponsor the builds. Yes it helps defray costs but other things get built into the parks costing multiple millions without sponsorships.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom