Good resorts

eliza61nyc

What are yalls favorite resorts and why?

Hands down for me it's Beach club villas. It is seriously my "happy place".

I love the decor. it's bright, airy and fun. It epitomizes "Disney" to me, sort of like the way Main street in the MK does. very beachy very Americana. Of course the location can't be beat. Epcot is one of my favorite parks to eat in and to go to at night. this makes it ideal to end the day for me. Next I like that there is alot to do at the Boardwalk also and lots of dining options. between the boardwalk, the swan and dolphin and the world showcase, easy eating within walking distance.

Of course stromalong bay is a great pool, lol they have a great poolside bar also.

Runner up: Old key West. stayed there this past August and loved it.

ninjaprincesst

The Wilderness Lodge, It just seems quite and secluded even though it is close to the MK. Also, the cast members are the nicest of any resort Ive stayed at.

NickWilde

This same thread has been done several times before, but I’m still going to give my answer.

Out of all the resorts on property, I’d say my favorite two would have to be the Polynesian and AKL. (Yes they’re tied) For both, I absolutely love the theming, they have some of the best food offerings on property, decent pools and wonderful service. I also really enjoy being on the monorail loop in the case of the Poly, or the savannahs at ALk. Most importantly: they really don’t feel like hotels. When I step foot in them I am instantly transported to an island in the South Pacific, or the beautiful savannahs of Africa.

Minnie Mum

Depending on my mood, either GF or AKL for their ambiance and service. Amongst the mods, POFQ for its size, ambiance, friendliness, and the boat to DS.

LUVofDIS

If I were judging just on themeing, Wilderness Lodge and Animal Kingdom Lodge. For best in comfort, the Dolphin or Swan, the beds are amazing.

The Dolphin and Swan win out most of the time, we spend such little time in the room, the only thing that matters to us is the comfort and location and these two resorts deliver better than any.

TrojanUSC

For overall theme, AKL or Polynesian (continence is a big factor here). For everything else Four Seasons - blows anything Disney offers out of the water (service, food, etc).

Kristopher Rannells

If you ask this a month ago, I would have said hands down the Poly. Then we stayed at the Beach Club and I'd say they are even in my book (my wife and DD both like BC better.) The Poly because I love the feel of the resort, the restaurants, how relaxing a stroll around property at night is, and the ability to take both a boat or monorail to MK. The BC lobby was less chaotic, the pool was incredible, loved how close the walk was to Epcot, and the staff was over the top nice and helpful (like the poly used to be.)
These 2 resorts rule in my book and I've stayed at all the monorail resorts, WL, AKL, Coronado, and Port Orleans.

SAV

I've never stayed Deluxe, but have toured a few of them. Loved the feeling at Animal Kingdom Lodge, Beach Club & Poly. Loved the Pool at Beach Club. Yacht Club was not for me. Neither was Boardwalk. In the Mod range, we have stayed multiple times at Coronado Springs and loved it. Location of the Monorail and Boardwalk resorts is wonderful. But a lot is to be said for being off the grid at AKL and Coronado.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Shades of Green. Why quiet, fairly priced and walking distance to Poly. Before staying there it was Poly but never again can I justify the price

JohnD

Shades of Green. Why quiet, fairly priced and walking distance to Poly. Before staying there it was Poly but never again can I justify the price

If I were military, I would give it serious consideration. I bet military types like the fact that it doesn't have much theme compared to other resorts (e.g. values) which are over the top in theme. Plus walking distance to Poly with monorail access to MK and Epcot isn't a bad deal either.

Figgy1

Premium Member
If I were military, I would give it serious consideration. I bet military types like the fact that it doesn't have much theme compared to other resorts (e.g. values) which are over the top in theme. Plus walking distance to Poly with monorail access to MK and Epcot isn't a bad deal either.
We're park commandos so quiet for the little bit of sleep we get is important;)

IanDLBZF

For On-Property, I'd say Boulder Ridge/WL and Contemporary in a HEARTBEAT! Boulder Ridge/WL, because of the theming and the Geyser! Stayed here once in December, and would do so again! Contemporary, easy access to MK, plus you have the monorail going through the Grand Canyon concourse.

Off-Property, I have a friend who has stayed at both Bonnet Creek and Four Seasons many, many times. I've heard both are really good.

The Pho

Any of the Boardwalk resorts are our first picks.
Dolphin, Yacht, Beach, Boardwalk, Swan in that order. They have the best restaurants on property, walking to both Studios and Epcot, plus the Boardwalk itself is an under appreciated place. Oh and of course, it has Fantasia Gardens Minigolf.
If those aren't available I'd go Wilderness Lodge or Animal Kingdom Lodge for taking the immersion to another level.

wombat

What are yalls favorite resorts and why?
in order.
1. Pop Century, Cheap and cheerful but as I only want to shower and sleep at a hotel it worked for me
2. All Star Music, Pretty good like the Pop Century
3. Beach Club, Very nice but I am not sure it is worth paying the extra for what you get
4,. Animal Kingdom, Again very nice but everything seemed a bit 'dark' as in not very well illuminated

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom