Good old days!

sillyspook13

Original Poster
Good job, Disneynut! You too, HorizonsMan. A friend and I actually got into a huge argument over this. She said that his first cartoon was Steamboat Willie. I said Plane Crazy. We almost got into a catfight on the end of Main Street!:D

WDW-Imagineer

Originally posted by sillyspook13
Good job, Disneynut! You too, HorizonsMan. A friend and I actually got into a huge argument over this. She said that his first cartoon was Steamboat Willie. I said Plane Crazy. We almost got into a catfight on the end of Main Street!:D

I would pay money to see that, sillyspook :eek: :eek:

dopey

now that we know mickey's first cartoon was "plane crazy," here's another one: who was the inspiration for mickey?

Disney Maniac

How do you mean "inspiration?" If you mean the name, Mickey, then I believe it was Walt's wife, Lillian, who decided on the name as the two of them were traveling home from a meeting in New York (walt originally liked Mortimer). If you mean which character before Mickey and served as a model, then I believe it was Oswald the Lucky Rabbit. If neither of these are it, please elaborate on "inspiration" a little more for me. Thanks!

jimmybop

WOW... only took 6 mins... hehe... i thought it would take longer then that.. hahaha :) :D ;) :p
u win uhhh.. uhhh... oh yea.... the best prize... u get to take me on a trip to DISNEY WORLD (or land or on a cruise.... u can pick ;-)

dopey

disneymaniac, sorry for taking so long to get back to you. i wish i had a good excuse, but i just sorta forgot about this thread for awhile.

when i say inspiration, i mean who was mickey modeled after. and no, it's not oswald the lucky rabbit. it was a real person.

Herbie53

Premium Member
Was Mickey Rooney the inspiration for the mouse? I know Walt's wife was a fan of his, and that's where she came up with the name.

dopey

herbie53, nope. not mickey rooney. the inspiration for mickey mouse was much taller. then again, who isn't taller than mickey rooney?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom