Good news for cancelling ADRs! Update - confirmed! 2 hr cancellation window

Hockey89

That’s not good news. That means all the people hoarding reservations don’t have to release them in a manner that gives others enough time to claim and plan for them.

Now people sitting on multiple character breakfasts can hold them to the last couple hours. And trust me there are a lot of those being held.

At least before I could know the night before where I was going to eat. Now you could be on your way to one resort for breakfast and see a Toppolinos pop up out the blue.

Epcot is going to be a CIRCUS. There are people holding Via Napoli, Akershus, San Angel Inn, Le Cellier, and Space 220 reservations. They are going to hold them until the last minute now.
This is 100% correct.... All this will do is have the %*%*&^* hold more res so others can't eat at certain places....

Hockey89

When I read the OP thats what I immediately thought, For those who refuse to pre plan or vacation still wanting spontaneity, this will help.
Nah, it will just lead to even more selfish behavior and making it a mess for everybody...... Those who refuse to preplan, get what they get.... Everybody knows if you don't you may have little options....

Jcf8037

They would need a carve out for a place like Oga’s.

You already can’t be booked twice within about 90 min either direction.
I know this is how it always was, but over the last few months, at least, it’s been possible to make simultaneous reservations. That limiter is either gone or not functioning.

ToTBellHop

I know this is how it always was, but over the last few months, at least, it’s been possible to make simultaneous reservations. That limiter is either gone or not functioning.
Maybe it was fixed last night because I booked a new 50s and had to cancel H&V 40min before (not that this was a problem for me; it just forced me to pick one or the other).

ceecee101

So what are the odds of me getting a walk up for Space 220 Lounge? I have missed multiple alerts. They go so fast. I had been hoping to snag one at 24 hours before since ADRs would be dropping by then but now it sounds like the only way to snag an elusive one would be a walk up? I mean otherwise I would need to be checking all day every day on the day I want to go as rolling 2 hour reservations will be cancelled All day?

Tony the Tigger

That’s not good news. That means all the people hoarding reservations don’t have to release them in a manner that gives others enough time to claim and plan for them.

Now people sitting on multiple character breakfasts can hold them to the last couple hours. And trust me there are a lot of those being held.

At least before I could know the night before where I was going to eat. Now you could be on your way to one resort for breakfast and see a Toppolinos pop up out the blue.

Epcot is going to be a CIRCUS. There are people holding Via Napoli, Akershus, San Angel Inn, Le Cellier, and Space 220 reservations. They are going to hold them until the last minute now.
Or there may just be a few more walk-ups available.

I presume they know the tables are unlikely to go empty.

I guess if this creates more issues, they'll change it.

DisneyfanMA

Nah, it will just lead to even more selfish behavior and making it a mess for everybody...... Those who refuse to preplan, get what they get.... Everybody knows if you don't you may have little options....

Heck I had little options at 60 days out (booking for party of 5). granted I am off property so I had the crumbs left. I used 3rd party dining alerts and got most of what I wanted that way. That said with 2 days to go before I leave there is very very little avail on any given day at the place I'll be, and its been like that for weeks. Disney needs a tad more dining IMO. I realize there are reasons they want to keep it like this though and don't want empty restaurants and are already having staffing issues.

dreday3

Original Poster
Why is this going to make getting ADRS at 60 days more difficult? Nothing is changing in that aspect, you can just (allegedly) cancel 2 hours ahead of time instead of 24.

Topolino's at day 60 will be just as had as before.

Also, now people who get an ILL for a must-do ride at the time they have an ADR can cancel the ADR easier if they so choose.

phillip9698

Why is this going to make getting ADRS at 60 days more difficult? Nothing is changing in that aspect, you can just (allegedly) cancel 2 hours ahead of time instead of 24.

Also, now people who get an ILL for a must-do ride at the time they have an ADR can cancel the ADR easier if they so choose.

It wont make getting reservations at 60s days out more difficult.

You used to be able to bank on dining reservations for in demand restaurants appearing 1-2 days before the date because the hoarders dont want to pay the cancellation fee. So the day before you could open the app and find Chef Mickey, Topolino's, etc... because people dropped them. Now people wont drop them, they will hold them until the day of, meaning you need to be on your phone refreshing all day if you want to snag one of those drops.

A ton more reservations become available because of hoarders dropping them than because people have a last minute conflict.

nickys

Premium Member
I was booking mine in the last 10 days and had to choose which to keep when I got a slightly later Fantasmic dining package.
Also when booking Space 220 Lounge I could only find one for two people so took it. Then found another one for two people 10 minutes later. But I had to get my DS to book that because it wouldn’t let me book it.

nickys

Premium Member
So what are the odds of me getting a walk up for Space 220 Lounge? I have missed multiple alerts. They go so fast. I had been hoping to snag one at 24 hours before since ADRs would be dropping by then but now it sounds like the only way to snag an elusive one would be a walk up? I mean otherwise I would need to be checking all day every day on the day I want to go as rolling 2 hour reservations will be cancelled All day?
Do you know about the walk-up option?

There is a line outside the restaurant each morning. At around 10:45am they start taking names for a VQ. When a table becomes available, which may be at the bar or a table, they will text you. You’ll need to get in that line around 10am.

Jcf8037

Maybe it was fixed last night because I booked a new 50s and had to cancel H&V 40min before (not that this was a problem for me; it just forced me to pick one or the other).
Maybe they did fix it recently as a precursor to this. In the summer I inadvertently made 2 within 10 minutes of each other when trying to modify. I tested it after that and nothing was being blocked. I googled around to see if other people noticed this and found a few posts in different areas noting the same thing. I assumed that it was playing a factor in the abysmal availability at that point.

Would be great if they did fix it, especially with this change.

Jcf8037

I was booking mine in the last 10 days and had to choose which to keep when I got a slightly later Fantasmic dining package.
Also when booking Space 220 Lounge I could only find one for two people so took it. Then found another one for two people 10 minutes later. But I had to get my DS to book that because it wouldn’t let me book it.
Glad to see it appears that it isn’t possible anymore

nickys

Premium Member
Glad to see it appears that it isn’t possible anymore
There are legitimate reasons for some people needing to book two ADRs at the same time. Large parties might need to book tables for 6 and 4 people, for example. Or like us for the Space220 Lounge, where nothing showed up for 4 people but there was multiple availability for 2 people close enough together. But as others have said, there is a way around it.

ToTBellHop

There are legitimate reasons for some people needing to book two ADRs at the same time. Large parties might need to book tables for 6 and 4 people, for example. Or like us for the Space220 Lounge, where nothing showed up for 4 people but there was multiple availability for 2 people close enough together. But as others have said, there is a way around it.
The simple solution is to require a name listed on MDE for each person listed in the party (and for in park dining, require a valid ticket to book). No more nonsense of putting one adult down on multiple reservations while leaving the other names blank.

I’m shocked they haven’t insisted on this yet. They want to know the moment a child turns 10 at buffets and some people are dishonest…

nickys

Premium Member
The simple solution is to require a name listed on MDE for each person listed in the party (and for in park dining, require a valid ticket to book). No more nonsense of putting one adult down on multiple reservations while leaving the other names blank.

I’m shocked they haven’t insisted on this yet. They want to know the moment a child turns 10 at buffets and some people are dishonest…
That would work for in-park dining.

What about non-park dining though? There is zero need for anyone other than the lead guest to even have an MDE account.

Chi84

Premium Member

I don’t know. The 5am scramble 60 days prior would get much more frustrating if I had to add every guest to every reservation. Unless they change the current way this is done.

nickys

Premium Member
I don’t know. The 5am scramble 60 days prior would get much more frustrating if I had to add every guest to every reservation. Unless they change the current way this is done.
When I was booking I found the app automatically assumed that a dining reservation for 4 would be the 4 people I had linked in MDE. The website however didn’t. As a result I can tell which ones I booked via the app and which I booked via the website.

And I was glad I had both open and running because both glitched on and off during the hour or so it took to book. And that happened both times - I have a split stay so two booking windows.

ToTBellHop

That would work for in-park dining.

What about non-park dining though? There is zero need for anyone other than the lead guest to even have an MDE account.
To be fair, it is more of an issue in parks that someone will book restaurants every hour for their Epcot evening. You could probably let it slide at resorts (especially now that they are reserving spots for guests of the resort, anyway).

I doubt many book Boma at 5 and Jiko at 5:30.

DisneyfanMA

It won't change 60 days out or any other days out except at the very very end. The cancelations will be so late the only beneficiary will be walk ups..which maybe that's what Disney wants.

I think a person should be limited to 1 or 2 ADRs per day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom