Good Neighbor Hotels

G00fyDad

Original Poster
Can someone tell me if you are exempt from the $25 a day theme park parking if you stay at a good neighbor Hotel?

some other guy

I'd try calling a few hotels, especially whichever ones you're eyeing.
I vaguely recall from a million years ago in the 90s it was Disney-owned hotels (and I think Swan and Dolphin) could park free, everybody else pays?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I believe that it depends on the resort.

If memory serves me correctly none of the Hotel Plaza Blvd resorts offer free parking at the parks, but S&D Does.

DCLcruiser

We are staying at the "Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs Area" (not the Palace, but it still applies) and we get full Disney property access. Only $117 per night and we can walk to DS for dinner/nightlife. I booked via JetBlue website, and then after 3 days they added it to my MDE, etc.

Disney Springs Area Resorts:
Free parking at WDW
Extra Magic Hours (and EEMH for SW:GE)
60 Day FP+ selection
Disney bus service from hotel to WDW

Last edited:

DCLcruiser

Can someone tell me if you are exempt from the $25 a day theme park parking if you stay at a good neighbor Hotel?
I just got off the phone with Disney and we do NOT get complimentary parking. Sorry.

I thought Hilton said we did, but I think they meant free transportation via bus only.

Last edited:

G00fyDad

Original Poster
Oh well. I'm still staying off property. I found a four star hotel with a suite and great reviews and it costs half of what it costs stay on property. I'll pay the $175 in parking. I'll still come out way under what it would cost to stay on property. Thank you everyone for your responses. :)

yensid67

Plus if you stay on property you not only have to pay $25 for parking at each park, BUT YOU PAY A NIGHTLY FEE TO HAVE YOUR CAR ON PROPERTY TOO!

Dad 2 M & M

Plus if you stay on property you not only have to pay $25 for parking at each park, BUT YOU PAY A NIGHTLY FEE TO HAVE YOUR CAR ON PROPERTY TOO!
Incorrect! You do NOT have to pay additional to park at the Parks. It is included in your resort stay.

From Disney's website:

Standard theme park parking is included for registered Guests of Disney Resort hotels and select Annual Passholders. These Guests can also choose to enjoy preferred parking by paying the difference in cost between their included standard parking and preferred parking (difference is currently $20-$25 per day*).

*Pricing is seasonal and will vary based on date of visit.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/parking/

yensid67

Incorrect! You do NOT have to pay additional to park at the Parks. It is included in your resort stay.

From Disney's website:

Standard theme park parking is included for registered Guests of Disney Resort hotels and select Annual Passholders. These Guests can also choose to enjoy preferred parking by paying the difference in cost between their included standard parking and preferred parking (difference is currently $20-$25 per day*).

*Pricing is seasonal and will vary based on date of visit.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/parking/
I stand corrected...thanks! I musta had a brain fart...I knew that! BUT is it really worth staying on property when you know you will have to pay at least $15/night just to have your car!? It seems Disney is doing thing s that push guests away from the property! Maybe they have a deal with the Good Neighbor hotels to increase guests at their hotels!? Who knows!

G00fyDad

Original Poster
Thank you but staying off property means I do actually have to continue paying the $25 per day to park at the parks. There is no parking at the off-site hotels. At least not most of them. The one we chose has no parking fee. This means I will only need to pay $25 a day to park at the parks. By the end of the trip we'll still come out way ahead by staying off property and just paying the $25 a day.

Dad 2 M & M

Thank you but staying off property means I do actually have to continue paying the $25 per day to park at the parks. There is no parking at the off-site hotels. At least not most of them. The one we chose has no parking fee. This means I will only need to pay $25 a day to park at the parks. By the end of the trip we'll still come out way ahead by staying off property and just paying the $25 a day.
Right, as the off-site properties can save you more than the $25. Question becomes does one place any value, thus more $$$ to stay on property. We are willing to pay more to be in what we consider the magic. There is a tipping point if the $$$ gap is substantial.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom