Golden Girls

FootballFigment

Original Poster
why would they not have those anymore or are they still there and the tram just does not go past it anymore cause that would be a crime...

AEfx

You would not believe the amount of complaints guest services gets about the removal of these things to this day. They made quite an impression on people, especially back when MGM didn't have much going on and the Backlot Tour was supposed to be the center of your day. It's a shame they didn't have some place to put the more popular facades elsewhere.

AEfx

DisneyGigi

I was so surprsied when I rode this again last year that all of that was gone now(I had not been since 2000) I loved that part of the tour, it really is not as good as it used to be.

Mr Bill

Yeah, the tour's pretty pointless now. You ride around in a tram looking at some old props from Who Framed Roger Rabbit, look at the outside of a swimming pool Hulk Hogan used to use, then shake back and forth on Catastrophe Canyon. I really wish they had found some way to move the house facades to another area instead of destroying them.

RedGear

the ride is too short now since they have cut out a lot of the tour with the houses because of LMSA show. . . which is cool to see once or twice, but the backlots is a classic. . . :mad:

Goofnut1980

I hate the backlot tour now... I loved all the houses... LMA is really not that good... Looking at those houses reminds me of watching Golden Girls with my grandmother... <sniff> <sniff>

FootballFigment

Original Poster
I went to sleep last night while golden girls was on and when i woke up it was still on... I will never look at Betty White the same ever sinse the Comedy Central Roast of William Shatner

ps. Cool avatar Jen. Now there is Peyton love as well as Eli love in this thread lol

3fordisney

Oh I loved Golden Girls. I have one season on dvd. Its so funny. :ROFLOL:

The backlot tour isn't the same without the houses. The Golden Girls house was my fav, of course.

Yeah!:sohappy: My 300th post!

Tinkerbella16

Going down the street with all of the houses was my favorite part of the Backlot Tour. It was just so interesting to look at. Now, theres nothing interesting in looking at the back of a bleacher stadium for LMA. It was so disappointing when they tore them all down. I'm glad that people, to this day, complain about it. The ride is boring and pointless.

pacochran

It does take a lot out of the backlot tour. It's too bad that they just didn't move it someplace else and change the tour layout.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom