Going to the World for New Years. Few Questions

Frosty689

Hey everyone!! It's been a bit since i posted, but there are a couple of questions on my mind. First off has anyone ever been there for new years? I've been there one year and i spent my time at Epcot. Even though the countries were completely full, i had an amazing time! My other question is, where is everyone's favorite place to be for New Years? Thanks guys! I trust all of your opinions, and regard them as an important deciding factor. I'm really not even sure which park i want to be at. Thanks again!

dreamscometrue

Last year was our first trip to WDW during Christmas and New Year's and we enjoyed it so much, we are planning to do some major savings so we can go every year at that time. We went to MGM for the first half of the day (Dec. 31st), but early in the afternoon, we heard that MK was at capacity and it was expected that Epcot would be closed soon too. We never did find out if they do close it, but we decided to take the boat from MGM to Epcot at 3pm and go in the park. It is a wonderful place to be New Year's Eve. We had an incredible evening, but with all the traffic, it was late before anyone seemed to get to their resort (2am to 3am). That made for a long day. I highly reccommend Animal Kingdom New Year's Day. We were there early, and since lots of people had had a late night, the park was not crowded early on. We got to do a lot, and the relative serenity of Kilamijaro Safaris, Pangani Forest Trail, Maharajah Jungle Trek and the park in general, was a welcome change from the days leading up to and including New Year's Eve. Enjoy!

Upvote 0

tecowdw

Last year was our first trip to WDW during Christmas and New Year's and we enjoyed it so much, we are planning to do some major savings so we can go every year at that time. We went to MGM for the first half of the day (Dec. 31st), but early in the afternoon, we heard that MK was at capacity and it was expected that Epcot would be closed soon too. We never did find out if they do close it, but we decided to take the boat from MGM to Epcot at 3pm and go in the park. It is a wonderful place to be New Year's Eve. We had an incredible evening, but with all the traffic, it was late before anyone seemed to get to their resort (2am to 3am). That made for a long day. I highly reccommend Animal Kingdom New Year's Day. We were there early, and since lots of people had had a late night, the park was not crowded early on. We got to do a lot, and the relative serenity of Kilamijaro Safaris, Pangani Forest Trail, Maharajah Jungle Trek and the park in general, was a welcome change from the days leading up to and including New Year's Eve. Enjoy!

Cool!
The crowds were bad enough this week though. I can only imagine what Christmas/New Year's week is like. Alas, I think it's a bit too expensive and crowded for my tastes at that time of year.

Thanks for sharing!
:xmas:
Traffic? Where did you stay?

Upvote 0

dreamscometrue

Cool!
The crowds were bad enough this week though. I can only imagine what Christmas/New Year's week is like. Alas, I think it's a bit too expensive and crowded for my tastes at that time of year.

Thanks for sharing!
:xmas:
Traffic? Where did you stay?

It's always fun to share WDW experiences. :)

We stayed at POP and it was awhile getting back there on NYE. We're going back to POP during our Spring Break in March '07, but are looking forward to our first moderate next Christmas (POR). Maybe the busses will get us back there earlier New Year's Eve '07. (It's all good. I never, ever complain at WDW because I always feel so fortunate to be there.)

Upvote 0

Space Mountain

I went for the 2000 Celebration..talk about crowded...you were lucky enough to move without getting stepped on every time you took a step. At Epcot they did have party hats and horns so it was still a lot of fun!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom