Going to that OTHER park! :)

EnchantedRose

So I need some help!
I am a HUGE Harry Potter fan! With Diagon Alley opening up today I am DYING to visit the IOA and US. We are going to Disney from 10/3-10/12...Now i can extend my trip by ONE day and leave on 10/2 giving us an additional FULL day in Orlando...and I was actually thinking of using that day to go to IOA & US.

I brought the idea up to the husband (My birthday is next month - I told him THAT could be my present) and he said to go ahead and try to plan it out....I gave myself a budget of $500 (food not included). If I can get the shuttle and park tickets for under that we may give it a go! It will be the hubby, our 6 year old and 18 month old. Obviously we will have A LOT to fit in that ONE day. I would go on a weekday in hopes of lower crowds. We would be there from Park opening to close. Our main priority would be to hit both HP parks, then the rest of the time we can do whatever else.

My question is to those that have ventured to the OTHER park via shuttle....how has it been? Was it worth it? Can it be done? Tell me I am not totally crazy to want to do this....a little crazy is fine, just not TOTALLY! :D:p

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Remember: If you want to see WWOHP & Diagon Alley you'll have to buy a 2-park ticket. We're doing US/IOA & Halloween Horror Nights in October and tickets alone come to $178 each.

I have no idea what it costs to get from WDW to US now-a-days.

Upvote 0

EnchantedRose

Original Poster
I know...it would be about $420 for tickets alone!! :banghead::bored::jawdrop: I don't think we'll be making it to US this year! After I include cost of the shuttle, food, souvenirs (if this will be the one time we go in a while, I will be spending a pretty penny there!)...we will probably end up spending close to $1000 on one day alone!! I think i'll stick to my original plan, wait another 2 years before we got to US/IOA and spend at least 3 there!

Upvote 0

EnchantedRose

Original Poster
@Disneydreamer23 If we can get this all squared away and make the day happen I will be SOO excited. The last time I went to Universal was in 2006 and it was a day where they closed early....I was so upset...since it had rained that day as well! And before that....it was like in 96!!! lol.

Upvote 0

Disneydreamer23

@Disneydreamer23 If we can get this all squared away and make the day happen I will be SOO excited. The last time I went to Universal was in 2006 and it was a day where they closed early....I was so upset...since it had rained that day as well! And before that....it was like in 96!!! lol.

You are Defiantly Due !! My mom tells me all the time that I will be shocked how different it all looks since I been there - Jaws is gone, Minion Ride added, Parade Added, Light Show Added, Transformers Added and now the New Harry Potter World! You will love it. I Like Harry Potter not a huge fan I was able to go to the first opening( the part that opened a few years ago) and It was amazing !! The details are great and the rides are so much fun!! Hope you are able to go!!

Upvote 0

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Please don't shout at me but is the diagon alley not in same place as rest of Harry?
No they are in two different parks linked by the Hogwart's Express. Hogsmeade is in Islands of Adventure and Diagon Alley is in Universal Studios. You can visit each separately using one day ticket at each park but you won't be able to ride the Hogwart's Express unless you have a park to park ticket.

Upvote 0

EnchantedRose

Original Poster
You are Defiantly Due !! My mom tells me all the time that I will be shocked how different it all looks since I been there - Jaws is gone, Minion Ride added, Parade Added, Light Show Added, Transformers Added and now the New Harry Potter World! You will love it. I Like Harry Potter not a huge fan I was able to go to the first opening( the part that opened a few years ago) and It was amazing !! The details are great and the rides are so much fun!! Hope you are able to go!!

I LOOOOOVEEE Harry Potter!!! I waited in line for like 6 hours with my sister for the last book...i was 7 months pregnant! :D:angelic: But since we don't drive or rent a car...I wasn't quite sure how to make it work. I am really hoping everything falls into place and we can go.

I think I love you @Master Yoda !!!
I 2nd that!!

Upvote 0

PrincessNelly_NJ

We normally take a cab because it is cheaper than a rental car (for us) and allows us to run on our time instead of a shuttle or service scheduled time. We spend about 45 with tip from CSR or 35 with tip from DTD.
Idk where you are staying but maybe you could book a night at Cabana bay and take advantage of the early entry into WWoHP to get more done in one day.

Upvote 0

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Hey @Master Yoda - will the 1 day/2 park w/transfer cover if we're also staying for Halloween Horror Nights? I've never used off-site transportation before and I'm not renting a car this year.

What's the "fine print" if you will?

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Hey @Master Yoda - will the 1 day/2 park w/transfer cover if we're also staying for Halloween Horror Nights? I've never used off-site transportation before and I'm not renting a car this year.

What's the "fine print" if you will?
Unfortunately I do not know. I have never used it myself so I do not know the finer details. I only knew of its existence thanks to my travel agent days.

Upvote 0

DManRightHere

I know...it would be about $420 for tickets alone!! :banghead::bored::jawdrop: I don't think we'll be making it to US this year! After I include cost of the shuttle, food, souvenirs (if this will be the one time we go in a while, I will be spending a pretty penny there!)...we will probably end up spending close to $1000 on one day alone!! I think i'll stick to my original plan, wait another 2 years before we got to US/IOA and spend at least 3 there!

I agree. I would wait as you can get a few extra days for universal for just a little more.

We went to just Disney in May and will POSSIBLY go back in Oct/Nov to just universal. We are a 9 hour drive though, much different if had to fly.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom