Going to Table Service For a Snack

Bananafaceal

Original Poster
Can you go to a table service restaurant just for a dessert or milkshake? I’ve booked sci-fi dine-in for mid afternoon, but I think I’d rather go to somewhere with better food for lunch and dinner and just enjoy a snack with the films there. Will the cast members get annoyed with us if we do this?

Hcalvert

This happens routinely at Beaches & Cream and they seem to expect it. The server asked us if we were just here for the ice cream. Sci-Fi's desserts are all right, but there are definitely better places to go to if you are just looking for dessert. For instance, Oasis Canteen has a dinner plate-sized funnel cake with strawberries, ice cream, and whipped cream, which is about the same price as desserts at TS restaurants and doesn't require a reservation. I would only keep the reservation if there is a dessert that you really want to eat there.

JIMINYCR

I’m keeping the reservation for my partner really as he loves old B movies so it’s the cars and films we’re going for
It is a fun place to go. The atmosphere including stars on the ceiling, makes you think you are parked at a drive in. The movies will be a variety of some very short sci-fi movie clips, some old news spots, some cartoons. Heres an old list I found that was posted years ago, Disney hasnt changed them up because every time weve gone they have remained the same.

The cat that hated people-Tex Avery
The horror of party beach
The Giant Gila monster
News of the future
Self driving electric car
The video phone
Intermission- Beware of the blob
Buy the drink and keep the glass
Sci-fi Identification
Coming attractions
Frankenstein meets the space monster
Plan 9 from outer space
Carbon Monoxide Warning
News of the Future
Space Monkeys
Great balls of fire mix-up
Dom Dom Do Be Intermission
Tom & Jerry
Space first mission to mars
Invasion of the saucer men
Robot Monster
Automated Nursery
Intermission Circus food
Coming Attractions
Cat-women of the Moon. In startling 3d
Missle to the moon
Disconnect Speaker
Frying saucer
Purple People Eater Propaganda Mix
"Space Patrol"
Intermission - Alien
Garco and WED starring Walt Disney
Think Tank vs Martian Theory Cartoon
Devil girl from mars
IT conquerd the the world
Kitchen of Tomorrow
Intermission
Over there Intermission
Coming attraction
Attack of the 50 foot woman
The amazing Colossal Man.
Young Lovers - PDA
Well dresed Hazard Suit
Flying disc of tomorrow
Intermission My love My Darling

If you stay long enough they will continue to loop around. I think it was timed to be about a 45 minute loop.

Bananafaceal

Original Poster
It is a fun place to go. The atmosphere including stars on the ceiling, makes you think you are parked at a drive in. The movies will be a variety of some very short sci-fi movie clips, some old news spots, some cartoons. Heres an old list I found that was posted years ago, Disney hasnt changed them up because every time weve gone they have remained the same.

The cat that hated people-Tex Avery
The horror of party beach
The Giant Gila monster
News of the future
Self driving electric car
The video phone
Intermission- Beware of the blob
Buy the drink and keep the glass
Sci-fi Identification
Coming attractions
Frankenstein meets the space monster
Plan 9 from outer space
Carbon Monoxide Warning
News of the Future
Space Monkeys
Great balls of fire mix-up
Dom Dom Do Be Intermission
Tom & Jerry
Space first mission to mars
Invasion of the saucer men
Robot Monster
Automated Nursery
Intermission Circus food
Coming Attractions
Cat-women of the Moon. In startling 3d
Missle to the moon
Disconnect Speaker
Frying saucer
Purple People Eater Propaganda Mix
"Space Patrol"
Intermission - Alien
Garco and WED starring Walt Disney
Think Tank vs Martian Theory Cartoon
Devil girl from mars
IT conquerd the the world
Kitchen of Tomorrow
Intermission
Over there Intermission
Coming attraction
Attack of the 50 foot woman
The amazing Colossal Man.
Young Lovers - PDA
Well dresed Hazard Suit
Flying disc of tomorrow
Intermission My love My Darling

If you stay long enough they will continue to loop around. I think it was timed to be about a 45 minute loop.

Perfect, I think I can choke down a subpar milkshake so that he gets to do something he really wants on our honeymoon

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
@Tuvalu, just to clarify, you are saying we can do that at a TS, we just could not use a snack credit to pay, it would have to be cash?
If you’re on the dining plan, you can pay using it, no problem.

Restaurants just care that you show up. What you order or how you pay really doesn’t matter.

dreamfinder

@Tuvalu, just to clarify, you are saying we can do that at a TS, we just could not use a snack credit to pay, it would have to be cash?

I believe that most of the TS desserts are more than the value for a snack credit. You would need to pay cash, and as a PP said, make sure to tip you server appropriately if you are using a table for just a dessert during prime meal time.

Dave B

I believe that most of the TS desserts are more than the value for a snack credit. You would need to pay cash, and as a PP said, make sure to tip you server appropriately if you are using a table for just a dessert during prime meal time.
Thank you, I always tip based on service, not what I order

Dave B

Sorry, how do you work out a tip based on service in America? It seems a more reasonable idea than tipping based on the cost of the meal
If the service is good, I usually tip 15%, if it is GREAT I will do 20%-25%, if it is poor I will tip 10% or less, depending on how bad

OneofThree

Restaurants just care that you show up. What you order or how you pay really doesn’t matter.

🧐

Restaurants form their business models (including staffing, menu development, and purchasing) around at least a basic ticket ring. A full service restaurant won't be in business very long serving just dessert, for example.

Weather_Lady

If you’re on the dining plan, you can pay using it, no problem.

You can pay using the DDP -- but at a TS restaurant, they'll be taking an entire TS credit away from you for that milkshake! There's no such thing as a DDP-designated "snack" on a TS menu, which is why you'll never see the snack symbol there, and you can't pay for a TS meal -- even if all you had was a beverage or a dessert -- with a DDP snack credit. If you're going to order anything less than what the DDP includes at a TS restaurant (e.g., entree+drink+dessert), you're better off paying cash.

Dave B

So.... Who is correct? @Monty. @ Tuvalu, @weather lady?.................................................................

I go with @ Tuvalu, but this is why I ask, I can never find the answer, ugh:arghh:

Bananafaceal

Original Poster
So.... Who is correct? @Monty. @ Tuvalu, @weather lady?.................................................................

I go with @ Tuvalu, but this is why I ask, I can never find the answer, ugh:arghh:

The answer is you could use a table service credit on the dining plan but that would be very silly as instead of a main course and dessert, you’d just be getting the dessert you ordered. You can’t use a snack credit in any table service restaurant either, so you do have to pay for it out of pocket.

Dave B

The answer is you could use a table service credit on the dining plan but that would be very silly as instead of a main course and dessert, you’d just be getting the dessert you ordered. You can’t use a snack credit in any table service restaurant either, so you do have to pay for it out of pocket.
So....the winners are @Tuvalu and @weatherlady

Thank you ladies and bananafaceal

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom