Going to Epcot on Friday for Food and Wine, any new stuff not to be missed?

armyfamilyof5

Original Poster
We are so excited to go to Epcot on Friday for Food and Wine!!!!! My favorite part of the year. We already have a list and were sad to see the chicken sausage and grits (oops sorry POLENTA) are missing from Canada this year and the salad will be gone from Greece... any new offerings we shouldn't miss?

Disney Shib

I cant speak for new items as I havent been this year but I would suggest skipping the Polish stand lol. I went last year with family and friends who are all Polish and the food was sub-par at best. Everything tasted pre-frozen (like a Mrs. T's pierogie). Have a blast!

Dubman

If you're into craft beers, make sure you try Devils Triangle.. It's an IPA so you really need to like that kind of beer. We were there last october, and it's one of the best I've ever had. Seems to be a lot of different offerings this year, and I'm looking forward to reading up on which ones are not to be missed.. We will be there for the last 2 days of the festival in November so leave some for us!

LizC

Not sure if these are new but I don't remember trying them last year, and they are must try's for me this year.

Crispy Pork Belly - Brazil
White Sangria - Florida
Lobster Tail - Hops & Barley (normally I'm not big on lobster but the pic of this one just looked SO good)

Have a great trip!

CtDisneyGuy33

If you're into craft beers, make sure you try Devils Triangle.. It's an IPA so you really need to like that kind of beer. We were there last october, and it's one of the best I've ever had. Seems to be a lot of different offerings this year, and I'm looking forward to reading up on which ones are not to be missed.. We will be there for the last 2 days of the festival in November so leave some for us!

Add another to my list! I'll research where the Devils Triangle is served! Thanks for the tip

jaklgreen

I cant speak for new items as I havent been this year but I would suggest skipping the Polish stand lol. I went last year with family and friends who are all Polish and the food was sub-par at best. Everything tasted pre-frozen (like a Mrs. T's pierogie). Have a blast!
I have to agree. I am 100% Polish and live off of pierogi and kapusta and the stuff at the F&WF is horrible. I know many people like it but I would tell them to go to Chicago and eat at a Polish restaurant and see how good they can be. I am also sad that the Greek salad is gone. I loved the beef in the steamed buns in China, so glad they are back this year. The beef from France is amazing. YUM 4 weeks to go can't wait!!

Sweet Melissa

Ditto this for the Italy marketplace.

DisneyDebNJ

Food and Wine is the highlight of the year for us!! We really liked the tacos in Mexico, the Lobster Fisherman's Pie and the Cheese selection in Ireland. My husband is looking forward to trying Canada's trout. Nothing at the Poland kiosk was good last year, in my opinion. The Kahlua Pork Slider at Hawaii was wonderful!!!

armyfamilyof5

Original Poster
Yikes, I'll let her try it and then explain later, LOL!
NO..Stop right there..Just enjoy..Here's the good news..According to my newspaper this morning..America is to drop it's 40 year ban on Haggis..Because it contains wee sheep parts..Och the wee lamb..;)

I will let her try it and then explain later. Guess they must be along the realms of the Rocky Mountain Oyster?? Won't eat those either but know many that do.

Last edited:

armyfamilyof5

Original Poster
Food and Wine is the highlight of the year for us!! We really liked the tacos in Mexico, the Lobster Fisherman's Pie and the Cheese selection in Ireland. My husband is looking forward to trying Canada's trout. Nothing at the Poland kiosk was good last year, in my opinion. The Kahlua Pork Slider at Hawaii was wonderful!!!
Did Poland have the bread with house made ketchup on it? For some reason I think they did and the girls liked it but not well enough to clamor to get it again this year!

DisneyDebNJ

Did Poland have the bread with house made ketchup on it? For some reason I think they did and the girls liked it but not well enough to clamor to get it again this year!
Yes they did, as well as the kielbasa and pierogies.... that was a disappointment. The stuffed cabbage they use to have was alot better, but sadly, the bread with house made ketchup took it's place

KLeigh

Last year we loved the "Lettuce Wrap with Roast Pork and Kimchi Slaw" from the South Korea booth. Can't wait to have it again this November!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom