Going to DLP for honeymoon! Need advice!

rk03221

Original Poster
So my wife and I are taking our honeymoon in Paris next year the last two weeks of August. Our plan is to do 3 days in DLP and 4 in Paris or vise versa. Is August a really busy time of the year to visit? Are there any nearby good neighbor hotels you’d recommend? We don’t speak any French, do the good neighbor hotels have workers that’d speak English? We are flying into CDG airport, how is transportation? How about transportation going into the city of Paris? We’ve never been to Europe before and we are beyond excited, any advice would be awesome. We are seasoned DL and WDW guests too

Swissmiss

Premium Member
So my wife and I are taking our honeymoon in Paris next year the last two weeks of August. Our plan is to do 3 days in DLP and 4 in Paris or vise versa. Is August a really busy time of the year to visit? Are there any nearby good neighbor hotels you’d recommend? We don’t speak any French, do the good neighbor hotels have workers that’d speak English? We are flying into CDG airport, how is transportation? How about transportation going into the city of Paris? We’ve never been to Europe before and we are beyond excited, any advice would be awesome. We are seasoned DL and WDW guests too

You should definitely spend more time in Paris than DLP. The good neighbor hotels are all fine, but not all of them have a pool (and even those that do are mostly indoors I think), so if that is something important to you, check the websites. I’ve found that booking directly with the good neighbor hotel’s website is cheaper than booking thru the DLP website. Transportation into Paris from DLP is quite simple, taking to the RER train. As the DLP station is the end of the line, all trains from DLP will go into central Paris, where you can connect to a metro. Front desk staff will certainly speak some English.

donsullivan

Premium Member

Language should not be a major barrier at all. Most in the tourism industry throughout Europe speak at least some English since it is the common language of the EU. Just be patient and remember they are accommodating you by speaking English and you'll be just fine.

When I did a similar trip a couple of years ago I started out in Paris and then headed out to Disneyland Paris before grabbing a rental car and heading out into the countryside. I chose to take the Roissy bus into the city which drops you off at the Paris Opera House. There is a train station right near there (1/2 block) for the RER-A which is the route that you take to Disneyland Paris. With that in mind I chose a hotel near the Opera House to make it convenient for those transfers. When it was time to head out to Disneyland Paris, I just walked over to Auber station and grabbed the RER-A out to the resort. It was actually quite easy.

The RER-A line runs right through the middle of the Disneyland Paris property and will take you right to the heard of Paris in about 40 minutes. It could not be any easier.

If you are headed to Disneyland first then you can consider the TGV which you board right at CDG and it drops you off right at the train station in the center of Disneyland Paris.

As for the Good Neighbor hotels, I've not stayed at any of those. If you are considering off-property hotels make sure you keep those at Val de Europe in mind as well. They are only one stop of the RER train from the resort and there are a bunch of very nice, very modern and relatively inexpensive hotels in that area. I stayed at Relais Spa Val d'Europe which was really nice and only 1-1/2 blocks from the train station. It was also a whole lot less expensive and a very nice, modern hotel.

rk03221

Original Poster
Language should not be a major barrier at all. Most in the tourism industry throughout Europe speak at least some English since it is the common language of the EU. Just be patient and remember they are accommodating you by speaking English and you'll be just fine.

When I did a similar trip a couple of years ago I started out in Paris and then headed out to Disneyland Paris before grabbing a rental car and heading out into the countryside. I chose to take the Roissy bus into the city which drops you off at the Paris Opera House. There is a train station right near there (1/2 block) for the RER-A which is the route that you take to Disneyland Paris. With that in mind I chose a hotel near the Opera House to make it convenient for those transfers. When it was time to head out to Disneyland Paris, I just walked over to Auber station and grabbed the RER-A out to the resort. It was actually quite easy.

The RER-A line runs right through the middle of the Disneyland Paris property and will take you right to the heard of Paris in about 40 minutes. It could not be any easier.

If you are headed to Disneyland first then you can consider the TGV which you board right at CDG and it drops you off right at the train station in the center of Disneyland Paris.

As for the Good Neighbor hotels, I've not stayed at any of those. If you are considering off-property hotels make sure you keep those at Val de Europe in mind as well. They are only one stop of the RER train from the resort and there are a bunch of very nice, very modern and relatively inexpensive hotels in that area. I stayed at Relais Spa Val d'Europe which was really nice and only 1-1/2 blocks from the train station. It was also a whole lot less expensive and a very nice, modern hotel.

Thank you!!! So we looked into that hotel and it looks like we may book it. How long would it take for the RER to get to say the tourist attractions in Paris like the Eiffel Tower and such?

donsullivan

Premium Member
Thank you!!! So we looked into that hotel and it looks like we may book it. How long would it take for the RER to get to say the tourist attractions in Paris like the Eiffel Tower and such?

Before you lock down your itinerary a few things I would encourage you to think about
- What are all the things you want to see in Paris? If that list is as long as it should be (Paris is AWESOME!) I would encourage you to split your stay with a few days at a hotel in Paris while visiting those things and then transition out to the Disneyland Paris area for that portion of your trip or reverse that sequence as appropriate.
- Taking the RER-A to the Metro (Paris subway) to get you to the Eiffel Tower is going to take you 60-90 minutes depending your timing when you get to the train station and then you have to keep in mind the time of the last train to make sure you are at the train station to catch the last train back which is often 11PM. Staying in the city for that portion of your trip will give you more than two extra hours a day to experience the wonder of Paris. And wow is the a lot of wonder to experience in that amazing city.
- With a split stay model take a look at the ParisPass. It's a package model that you purchase for a defined number of days that includes an unlimited use Metro Pass ticket for the Paris subway system as well as a Museum pass that allows you to bypass the ticket lines of the major museums like the Louvre, etc.. If you do that and stay in the city, the Metro ticket will cover all your transportation all around the city every day and the Metro will get you everywhere across Paris.
- There is no question that you'll spend more for a hotel in Paris but you will not regret being right in the heart of the city and being able to step out of your hotel and be experiencing it immediately.
- If you find a cafe and want to just hang out and have a glass of wine or some coffee, you don't need to be running to catch the last train. You can just stay there as long as you want and if it's nearby your hotel, you can just walk back to end your day. It's hard to describe how amazing it is to just walk around the city at night.

In the end, you need to do what make sense for you and what works for your budget and what you want to see. But I assure you, I cannot think of a way you will regret spending part of you trip right in Paris vs taking an hourlong train trip each way every day.

Parkatm

Hi there,
Sorry to dig up this topic, I guess I am kind of discovering these forums recently ^^
So I suppose rk03221 that your plans were cancelled because of COVID19 :( So sad.
Well, I you are thinking to plan this again for next year, I have just 2 advices ^^ (I am from Paris)
1. If you were to come in August this year, you would have experienced the works on RER A : each weekend, a part of the line is closed and it makes it more difficult to go to DLP (this year, you would have not been able to go from Auber to DLP, but only from Vincennes to DLP which requires to take the subway and walk in Vincennes). Next year, it is possible that some parts of this line are also closed as it is a multi-year renovation plan (mostly only at night and the weekends and only during the summer). So beware of that when you plan your trip for next year (if you still wish to come !)
2. DLP resort is a small resort : DLP requires 1 day only to visit all and WDS half a day. If you would have come this year, you have experienced many closures in the WDS because of the expansion plan going on, so it only takes a few hours to do this park. In these times of COVID, with the shows closed, I even did Ratatouille, Crush coaster, the ToT twice, RC Racer which is really all that is left to do, before 10:45am (we had the extra magic hours though and came at 9:00am, but still!). If you come next year, hopefully, you'll be able to visit the Avengers Campus but it won't be much different than in DCA. So 2 days in DLP resort is more than enough. And like many said in the previous posts, in Paris, there is much to visit, many things to do.

Anyway, Paris can't wait to see the tourists coming back! We miss you a lot :)

ToTBellHop

Hi there,
Sorry to dig up this topic, I guess I am kind of discovering these forums recently ^^
So I suppose rk03221 that your plans were cancelled because of COVID19 :( So sad.
Well, I you are thinking to plan this again for next year, I have just 2 advices ^^ (I am from Paris)
1. If you were to come in August this year, you would have experienced the works on RER A : each weekend, a part of the line is closed and it makes it more difficult to go to DLP (this year, you would have not been able to go from Auber to DLP, but only from Vincennes to DLP which requires to take the subway and walk in Vincennes). Next year, it is possible that some parts of this line are also closed as it is a multi-year renovation plan (mostly only at night and the weekends and only during the summer). So beware of that when you plan your trip for next year (if you still wish to come !)
2. DLP resort is a small resort : DLP requires 1 day only to visit all and WDS half a day. If you would have come this year, you have experienced many closures in the WDS because of the expansion plan going on, so it only takes a few hours to do this park. In these times of COVID, with the shows closed, I even did Ratatouille, Crush coaster, the ToT twice, RC Racer which is really all that is left to do, before 10:45am (we had the extra magic hours though and came at 9:00am, but still!). If you come next year, hopefully, you'll be able to visit the Avengers Campus but it won't be much different than in DCA. So 2 days in DLP resort is more than enough. And like many said in the previous posts, in Paris, there is much to visit, many things to do.

Anyway, Paris can't wait to see the tourists coming back! We miss you a lot :)
Not the OP, but we had planned the biggest vacation of our lives for three weeks ago (5 nights in Paris, then 3 nights in Barcelona, then a 7-night cruise to Palma, Marseille, Pisa, Rome, and Naples). COVID-19 stoke that from us, but we’ve been very lucky that the folks in charge of all those moving parts have been very accommodating, so we are set to complete that very trip next August with COVID-19 hopefully behind us. Can’t wait!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom