Going to Disney World April 28 to May 3

Patty16

First time going to Disney in April/May, I always go at the end of August. Is this a good time to go? Is it crowded? Is it warm?

DisneyPrincess5

Congrats on your upcoming trip!

Well be in The World for 4/30-5/8 and we've never been at this time either but I have only heard great things like low crowds, warm weather with lots of sun! Were so looking forward to it!!

Upvote 0

SoupBone

First time going to Disney in April/May, I always go at the end of August. Is this a good time to go? Is it crowded? Is it warm?

Dead dead dead! You are going to have a blast at this time of the year. When we book we always love going because it's a few weeks before school ends so you only really see kids during the weekends (locals).

What you may want to research is if there are any cheerleading competitions, etc. going on that week. Have fun!

Upvote 0

disneygirl1

We have been to WDW in both May and August and I would say crowds are pretty comparable between the 2 months. Weather is perfect, not to hot during the day and comfortable in the evening! You are going to have an excellent time during your dates! Enjoy!

Upvote 0

timeman

Normally at that time of the year it is not too crowded, but this year it will be very crowded for the first part of your trip. It will be worse than what you are used to for the end of August.

The reason it will be busy this year at that time is because a lot of schools will be on Spring Break because Easter falls at the end of April this year. The week before and after Easter are some of the busiest weeks for Disney. You should see the crowds kinda disappear after the 1st of May, so the later half of your trip should be less crowded.

Upvote 0

gnuts0306

Dead dead dead! You are going to have a blast at this time of the year. When we book we always love going because it's a few weeks before school ends so you only really see kids during the weekends (locals).

What you may want to research is if there are any cheerleading competitions, etc. going on that week. Have fun!

DEFINATELY check for cheerleading weekends.....there was one this past feb when we went and the constant cheering and songs on the buses and in the resort got to be a lil too much lol

Upvote 0

SoupBone

Normally at that time of the year it is not too crowded, but this year it will be very crowded for the first part of your trip. It will be worse than what you are used to for the end of August.

The reason it will be busy this year at that time is because a lot of schools will be on Spring Break because Easter falls at the end of April this year. The week before and after Easter are some of the busiest weeks for Disney. You should see the crowds kinda disappear after the 1st of May, so the later half of your trip should be less crowded.

Good catch timeman, Easter does fall later this year which definitely pushes back spring break. My school has spring break schedule for March 7th - March 11th, but I'm sure it's different for each school. Mine is very early this year.

Upvote 0

stillgoofy

We have gone this time for the past 4 years and it is a great time to go. Low crowds, good weather, etc. While I realize that Easter is very late this year and it may affect some spring breaks, I would be willing to be bet that most schools will not have spring break the week after Easter due to the how late it is. It's too close to the end of the school year. Our schools usually have Easter week off but this year are having spring break first week of April instead. Anyway we will be there Apr 28-May 10 and I'm not real worried about those first few days. Just be aware that Grad Nites are held Apr 29-30 and May 6-7. This is a hard ticketed event so it doesn't really affect crowd levels but MK will close at 7:00 pm those nights.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom