Going on the Disney Fantasy next month. Help please.

Greenkai3000

Original Poster
Two of us will be going on the Fantasy for the first time next month. We have a few questions, and would love to hear some suggestions please. Our ports of call will be St Thomas and Tortolla, btw.

1) Do they have Lyft/Uber service, and are they cheaper than taxis? do most places take credit cards?
2) What are the MUST do things that won’t require multiple transfers , be it via public transit, ferries, or cabs? Keeping in mind we are on a tight schedule, as we will only have a limited amount of hours at each port. Bars , restaurants, and museums won’t be a priority either.
3) Are they any clean , decent looking beaches that aren’t way out of the way, or too far from where the ship will be docking?

Thank you all in advance.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
3) Are they any clean , decent looking beaches that aren’t way out of the way, or too far from where the ship will be docking?
Megens Bay in St. Thomas is probably one of the best beaches I have ever visited, if not the best. You will need to take a taxi or shuttle though to get there but it is worth it..

ChuckElias

Megens Bay in St. Thomas is probably one of the best beaches I have ever visited, if not the best. You will need to take a taxi or shuttle though to get there but it is worth it..
Disney might offer it as a shore excursion.

If Disney offers it as an excursion, I highly recommend visiting the Baths of Virgin Gorda during your stop at Tortola. A unique experience. If Disney doesn't offer it, then check out the schedule of Speedy's water taxi service to see if you can fit it in before the ship leaves port.

jme

1) Do they have Lyft/Uber service, and are they cheaper than taxis? do most places take credit cards?
No, neither the USVI nor the BVI have any ride sharing programs like Uber or Lyft. They do both have a lot of taxis available right at the cruise dock area.
I will note that if you are planning on arranging your own transportation outside of a Disney Cruise Line Port Adventure, arriving late back to the ship, they will not wait for you. Finding taxis is easy at port but they don’t just hang around the beaches waiting to take you back. If you go this route just make sure to get the taxis business card so you can call them for a pick up.

2) What are the MUST do things that won’t require multiple transfers , be it via public transit, ferries, or cabs? Keeping in mind we are on a tight schedule, as we will only have a limited amount of hours at each port. Bars , restaurants, and museums won’t be a priority either.

Tortola:
The Baths : https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/port-adventures/tortola-virgin-islands-day-at-baths/
Jost Van :
https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/port-adventures/tortola-virgin-islands-jost-van--beach-transfer/

Both of these require ferrying so while must-dos I wouldn’t recommend arranging on your own due to timing

Personally I loved the beach at Beef Island but it’s really far from port (Far East end of island then across a bridge)

B821E246-2083-45CD-9922-9E2CF916EAAD.jpeg

There are closer beaches in Tortola, but I found them noisy and crowded.

St Thomas:
There is a LOT of great snorkeling here with shipwrecks and such.
There is a Skyride (like the Skyliner) to a mountain top that can be easily walked to from the ship if you want some amazing views.

Here’s all of the Disney offered excursions:

Tortola: as I mentioned before not really. The beaches are lovely but the good ones are pretty far so I would use Disney transportation.

St Thomas:
Magens Bay or Sapphire Beach can be reached via taxi very easily
Lindqvist Beach is a bit further out but Disney offers this (I believe they call it secrets sands)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom