Going in October

cococola44

Original Poster
I have returned to the forums. Some of you I remember :) Things have been busy with DH going into the Army.

Anyway, I am currently pregnant and in October we are going and I will be 29 weeks pregnant. I went in 2008 when I was pregnant with DD at 18 weeks. We stayed at Poly that time which was nice because I could just go right to the monorail and head to our room! BUT this time, this is what we are doing...

So any advice would be awesome.

WE are staying at the Shades of Green. I have stayed at alot of the other resorts and I also Worked there in 05-06 so I am familiar with the resorts ...except Shades of Green. If you stayed there, what were the pros and cons? :)

My daughter will be passed 2 1/2 years old and passed the 40 inch height requirement * :sohappy: * I was 2 1/2 my first time back in 1986 :) When Epcot and MK were the only places we had choice of. On top of that, my parents are coming. So it is extra special to go with DD, DH and Mom and Dad. They get to see Jesarose's first impression and time.

I know she will enjoy herself.

Now second question ....those that went with their 2 1/2 year olds...what was their experience like from your eyes? What rides did your LO not like and which ones DID they like that may have surprised you? I am asking for personal experience. I understand just like I use to tell others on here that it depends on the maturity and the attitude of the individual...

Of course, chef mickeys. ....
Jesarose LOVES the main characters and not the princesses so much. She just calls all of them "Barbie" HAHAHA Or "Giselle!" HAHA

What I did last time though was DH pushed me around in the wheelchair after the first couple of days because I think I walked too much. Because the first night there it was 1 AM coming back from MK on the monorail and that was the first time that night I felt my daughter kick....Yes it took a long day and alot of music and rides for her to kick for the first time! :D

I know this is long...it is excitement :):shrug::animwink:

Todd L

Ive taken both of my kids to Wdw at that age and Found it pretty easy..

They were happy to sit in the stroller and take it all in.

We didnt even try to see any fireworks ..we knew ahead of time that it was a bad idea.

I have pictures of my Daughter sleeping in her stroller on main street usa as the parade goes by.

Just be prepared to go slow and take alot of breaks.

Ive seen Way too many people try to make their kids do things the dont want to do at Wdw and its sad and kinda pathetic. Always ends up with a crying kid and an upset mom and dad.

No fun for anyone.

cococola44

Original Poster
Interesting!!! :) Yeah my daughter was taken last summer at 16-19 months old to Sesame Place to which all of the shows, parades and water and characters amazed her. I hope that she has just as good of an experience!

Yeah I do see parents forcing their kids to do things they aren't ready for.

Todd L

Interesting!!! :) Yeah my daughter was taken last summer at 16-19 months old to Sesame Place to which all of the shows, parades and water and characters amazed her. I hope that she has just as good of an experience!

Yeah I do see parents forcing their kids to do things they aren't ready for.

Man...I used to take my almost 17 year old daughter to sesame place....seems like forever ago now.

We are gonna try for a trip to Hershey or 6 flags great adventure this summer...

WDW 3

We love SoG. It is a nice quiet resort. Large rooms for your family. Small by Disney standards (only 586 rooms). From the outside the old section of Shades looks exactly like the Poly. Probably built around the same time.

I personally have zero cons. People think the food is meh. We rarely eat there. The breakfast buffet is good. Made order omletes:slurp:. The bus system works just fine... (it runs on a schedule) and you should also use the Disney transportation. You can walk to the Poly. The bus from SoG goes to the TTC every 20 minutes and on the hour (or half) to AK or HS... there are Disney buses that go to AK & HS from the TTC more frequently. That is what we do if we aren't going to make the Shades bus. Just hopped the next bus to the TTC and used the Disney buses. People have also said it lacks "Disney feel". Again we aren't there a lot so we really don't care about the "feel". We like it the way it is:)

828tnt

not much advice other than the obvious, like taking breaks, lot's of water...

but, congrats! my wife and i are expecting our first, and will be making a trip in early october. i want to get pics of her pregnant in wdw.

enjoy your trip!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom