Goat trick on BTM at Disneyland: for future Disneyland goers!

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
I was supposed to tell Mike about this since he's heading to Disneyland today and I completely forgot (sorry Mike!). I've noticed others have made plans to make it West too so I thought I'd just share this with those people as well.

When you ride Thunder Mountain, request to sit in the back. Towards the end of the second lift, there's a goat with dynamite in its mouth that sits on top of the mountain. If you stare at the goat as you go down the hill, you'll feel pressure "pulling" you and it will feel like you're going so much faster than you really are. It's a really cool trick and it works. I do it all the time. But it only works if you sit towards the back of the train and not on the front. Try it!:)

Laura

Premium Member
We've been doing the goat trick for years. It's what keeps us riding Thunder Mt. over and over again. However, it works for us regardless of whether we sit in the front or back. It's a just more intense in the back.

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
We've been doing the goat trick for years. It's what keeps us riding Thunder Mt. over and over again. However, it works for us regardless of whether we sit in the front or back. It's a just more intense in the back.

See! It's not just a sitting in the back thing, the trick really works (this isn't for you, Laura:)). Really? I tried it in the front and I didn't feel a thing.

Laura

Premium Member
See! It's not just a sitting in the back thing, the trick really works (this isn't for you, Laura:)). Really? I tried it in the front and I didn't feel a thing.

Maybe the goat is selective about who he shares his powers with.
i-vP4Q4W6.gif

We are just very intent on staring at him. We literally do not take our eyes off him from the minute he appears on the lift hill until we've gone so far around the curve he's out of sight, and no matter where we sit, we get the same "butterflies" sensation. To me it's better than the launch on Screamin'.

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
Maybe the goat is selective about who he shares his powers with.
i-vP4Q4W6.gif

We are just very intent on staring at him. We literally do not take our eyes off him from the minute he appears on the lift hill until we've gone so far around the curve he's out of sight, and no matter where we sit, we get the same "butterflies" sensation. To me it's better than the launch on Screamin'.

Hhhmmm... I'm going to try it again in the front and see what happens. I like it better than the Screamin' launch too. It kinda feels like I'm going to fall out and that's mre intense.

DavidDL

I love this kind of trick. I pull it on other attractions, too:

Space Mountain - find a projection box in the dark as you come around a turn and keep focused on it.
California Screamin' - I enjoy turning towards the Matterhorn and keeping my eyes focused on it as we go through the loop. It's trippy to watch the mountain flip upsidedown.
Big Thunder - When you enter the spiral/helix portion, turn and face yourself towards the mountain on your right. -and just face that direction and stare to the mountain as you endure the spin. It'll give you a strong, sinking feeling.

waltography

Yay to centripetal force! Love this trick - I feel like I'm being lassoed around the turn and it's great. Definitely a better sensation than Goofy's Sky School. 😂

California Screamin' - I enjoy turning towards the Matterhorn and keeping my eyes focused on it as we go through the loop. It's trippy to watch the mountain flip upsidedown.
Gotta try that sometime!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom