Goals for May 16-22nd

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Original Poster
Ok Crew...

I'm going to try and get us to use each other as a support mechanism here. Each week I'll post a thread, and I want everybody (who is willing, of course) to lay out their goals. At the end of the week, we'll all check in and see who has hit their goals, and who needs encouragement, advice, or just someone to talk it out with.

My goal is simple...I ran once last week. I'd like to run twice for a total of 7 miles this week.

Missymoe4

Great idea!

I've been thinking a lot about goals myself, especially since I see that Disney trip coming closer, and my workouts falling apart.

My goal will be simple to begin with this week: workout each day prior to work. That means 5 days (Monday through Friday) at 5 am.

I've done it before, and can do it again...with a good push!

...wait, do our goals have to be running goals?

sweetpee_1993

Great thread idea! Any small way to hold myself accountable is a good thing.

My goals for this week:

Run each morning this coming week for a total of 5 runs. The first 3 runs I want to get thru my current intervals of 2 minutes jogging / 1 minute power walk x10 for 30 minutes total. The last 2 runs I hope to bump up my run intervals to 4 minutes.

In addition to my daily runs, I want to do 20 minute of aerobics on Monday, Wednesday, & Friday in the evening.

I hope to stick closely to my 1500 calorie per day diet! No cheating, no sweets, no spurges!

Since January I had totally fallen off working out and had been comfort-eating my way thru the stress of the hubby's project end & unemployment. ((1st time in our 17 years he hasn't had a job to go to)) I had packed on 15 lbs in 4 months. Eek! Now I'm trying to kick my old bod & get the metabolism rolling again. So far the lbs have only slightly fallen but my measurements & BMI are on the move in the right direction so I feel like I'm on the right track.

Great thread! I'm in! :wave:

bdevil4

Excellent thread, Fievel! Thanks for posting!

I have been having trouble just getting in to a steady running routine, so my goal for this week is to get in 4 runs, for a total of 12 miles.

Good luck to all in pursuing your individual goals this week! :sohappy:

dreamfinder

I hope to get in two long runs this weekend. The last few weeks have only been one due to scheduling issues. And i'm jonesing to get back out there again.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Original Poster
I forgot that I'm currently in week 2 of my 2nd round of P90X...modified for my running schedule..I'll be doing that as well.

AUPr8Hd

Great idea Fievel!

My goal is to get in 4 runs this week for 11 miles. I'm just getting back into running and building my base back.

Christi22222

Great idea Fievel!

My goal is to get in 4 runs this week for 11 miles. I'm just getting back into running and building my base back.

Great idea!

And apparently I've found an appropriate virtual running partner, as I am also just getting my base back. Goal is also 4 runs, but 16 miles only because I walk for a half mile before and after each run. I guess then it's really only 12 miles?

I ran the Goofy in 2009, and completed the coast to coast last fall. So much fun!! But then I had to have a surgery, and moved across country, and slid into comfort eating/sulking mode. Need to lose weight and get in shape again. Contemplating a disney run as a carrot! Which Disney runs are all of you training for?

sweetpee_1993

Great idea!

And apparently I've found an appropriate virtual running partner, as I am also just getting my base back. Goal is also 4 runs, but 16 miles only because I walk for a half mile before and after each run. I guess then it's really only 12 miles?

I ran the Goofy in 2009, and completed the coast to coast last fall. So much fun!! But then I had to have a surgery, and moved across country, and slid into comfort eating/sulking mode. Need to lose weight and get in shape again. Contemplating a disney run as a carrot! Which Disney runs are all of you training for?

2011 Princess Half Marathon

:king:

Christi22222

I forgot that I'm currently in week 2 of my 2nd round of P90X...modified for my running schedule..I'll be doing that as well.

What do you think of P90X, and how are you doing with fitting your running around it? I am about to start Power 90 because my 11 year old wants to do it, too, and I didn't want him doing P90X. Not sure how it will work with running. Would love to know how you're doing. Especially since I figure I will move to P90X next if I like Power 90.

Thanks for starting this thread. :)

Christi22222

2011 Princess Half Marathon

:king:

Have you done this one before? What do you think? Do you know anything about how it compares to the Jan races (marathon/half/goofy)? Pretty much the same, just no full marathon? Hmmm, could be the right thing. And it's in the spring, correct?

Good luck getting back on track. I'm with you in spirit. Step away from the comfort food!

sweetpee_1993

Have you done this one before? What do you think? Do you know anything about how it compares to the Jan races (marathon/half/goofy)? Pretty much the same, just no full marathon? Hmmm, could be the right thing. And it's in the spring, correct?

Good luck getting back on track. I'm with you in spirit. Step away from the comfort food!

This will be my first ever running event. I've only ever vacationed during the January marathon events. The dates have been moved back to the last weekend in February according to another thread.

Yep, still trying to stay away from the comfort foods. It's not easy. Yesterday I didn't run like I wanted to because we didn't get in from a weekend at the parent's house in Alabama until almost midnight. When my alarm went off the hubby shut it off & took the kids to school. I didn't wake up until almost 10:00 which is waaaay too late & hot to try & get outside. I was pretty bummed all day. Felt like such a lazy blob. :cry:

Ariel484

Another on board for the Princess Half! :wave:
In 2011 it's the weekend of February 25-27...they just changed the dates. There's a great trip report detailing the 2010 Princess Half written by HollyBelle in the Trip Reports section of this board...if you do a thread search it should pop up.

My goals - speed work today, a tempo run on Thursday (these always kill me :hurl:) and a long run of 5 miles on Saturday. And I really need to get back into cross training but can't seem to find the motivation...

EDIT: Princess Half info: http://espnwwos.disney.go.com/events/endurance/princess-half-marathon/

TakeMeThere81

I'm seriously considering the Princess Half with some of my girlfriends! I finished my first half on May 2nd. It was awesome!! If you care to read about it, you can do so here:

http://thebusybermans.blogspot.com/2010/05/half-marathon-report.html

It is not photo-saturated as I was running hard! All of my pics were ones other people took.

That being said, here's my plan. I have a really good base at this point. I have a beach 10K coming up in July.

Monday: Run 45 minutes
Tuesday: Yoga or Pilates
Wednesday: Run 1 hour
Thurs/Fri/Sat: Two of the days, do a combination of either spinning, strength training, or a really long run.
Sunday: Rest

I realize that the schedule might be hard to follow, what with the jumbled mess toward the end of the week. My gym has a great strength training and spin class at the end of the week but I can't do it all or I'll kill myself! So I have to do a combo. And I am training to run right, so it would be good if I put a long run 1-1/2 hours in there every other week or so.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Original Poster
What do you think of P90X, and how are you doing with fitting your running around it? I am about to start Power 90 because my 11 year old wants to do it, too, and I didn't want him doing P90X. Not sure how it will work with running. Would love to know how you're doing. Especially since I figure I will move to P90X next if I like Power 90.

Thanks for starting this thread. :)

It's actually pretty simple for me - P90X is built around 3 weightlifiting days and 3 cardio days. I remove the 3 cardio days and put in my training runs.

And sure - I'll be your virtual running parter. :)

sweetpee_1993

Nope. Stuff came up with the kids and then there was getting :hurl: from running & overheating. This coming week my goal is to be realistic and not overheat.

bdevil4

I didn't quite make my goal either, as I wasn't able to get my final run in this evening. Ended up with 3 runs for a total of 10 miles this week.

Phonedave

It's actually pretty simple for me - P90X is built around 3 weightlifiting days and 3 cardio days. I remove the 3 cardio days and put in my training runs.

And sure - I'll be your virtual running parter. :)

While it is 3 days of cardio, its not quire the same as running. Plyo is works a lot of different things than long distance running does. But I do like that idea. I may have to drage the p90X out again and do another cycle.

-dave

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom