GMR Ending Movie

GeneralKnowledge

Original Poster
I did a search to see if anyone has posted about this, but I didn't find anything. If I missed something bring on the flaming lol.

Anyway, i just got back from a chilly visit to MGM this evening and between runs on ToT, I took a spin on the GMR for kicks. I was surprised to find the addition of several movies to the final scene of the ride. The new films include, but are not necessarily limited to the following movies: Chicago, Pirates of the Carribbean, Finding Nemo, Forrest Gump, and Pearl Harbor.

I personally was not too impressed with the additions. I thought they were poorly edited into the movie. They were just quick little scenes of not so crucial scenes from each movie that took up the entire screen. They didn't seem like particularly epic films or anything. The scenes seemed to be poorly chosen as well.

Well thats all I have to say about that...

imagineer boy

Why of all the movies did they put it Pearl Harbor?!

Well, I'm glad they're updating the end movie. There have been so many new good movies that have been made since it first showed.

WeLComeHomE OKW

the only way to really update it is to redo the entire thing, we have to all admit that the video is getting old no matter what small additions they make.

Number_6

imagineer boy said:

Well, I'm glad they're updating the end movie. There have been so many new good movies that have been made since it first showed.

Because of the whole thing they have about Pearl Harbor at the start of the Backlot Tour.

bgraham34

All the movies that can be in there, they put Pearl Harbor. The Bombing of Pearl harbor was great but the rest of the movie fell flat.

Connor002

First people complain that they need to update the film, then once the add a few things, people camplain again... It's a never-ending cycle...

Epcot82Guy

Connor002 said:
First people complain that they need to update the film, then once the add a few things, people camplain again... It's a never-ending cycle...

I agree. Sure, it would be great if they took down the film and re-did it from scratch. However, having ANY update is better than no update in this case. Even if it is not the best editting job, at least there is something new that brings it more up to date.

KumbaRider

Epcot82Guy said:
I agree. Sure, it would be great if they took down the film and re-did it from scratch. However, having ANY update is better than no update in this case. Even if it is not the best editting job, at least there is something new that brings it more up to date.

Yep.

Tom

Beta Return
imagineer boy said:

I agree.....

I think Team America: World Police put it best with their song, "Pearl Harbor S.u.c.k.s, and I Miss You", as follows:

I miss you more than Michael Bay missed the mark,
When he made Pearl Harbor.
I miss you more than that movie missed the point,
And that's an awful lot, girl.
And now, now you've gone away, And all I'm trying to say, is:
Pearl Harbor s.u.c.k.e.d and I miss you.
I need you like Ben Affleck needs acting school,
He was terrible in that film.
I need you like Cuba Gooding needed a bigger part,
He's way better than Ben Affleck.
And now, all I can think about is your smile,
and that [crappy] movie, too!
Pearl Harbor s.u.c.k.e.d and I miss you.
Why does Michael Bay get to keep on making movies?
I guess Pearl Harbor s.u.c.k.e.d,
just a little bit more than I miss you.

socalkdg

While I'll agree Pearl Harbor could have been better(should have cut about 25 minutes of it) it did make 450 million worldwide(plus it had a nice cast of ladies :) ).

Great to see an update, I'll reserve judgement until I see the scenes myself.

DisneyFreak529

I can't wait to see the updated film! As for the GMR, I love it! Yes they should add some more but I love it. IT's a classic Disney ride! I believe in not changing the classics.

Thanks for the updates! :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom