Glow with the show

G00fyDad

They are simply amazing if enough people in the audience have them, but if it is sporadic then it kind of loses its magic, and then yes, it does become distracting.

The Empress Lilly

Am I the only one who finds them annoying and think they distract from the show?
One turns off the lights for a nighttime show for a reason. You want to work from darkness.

These ears are merch winning over show. I think that once they really become commonplace shows will have to start taking them into account, work from an understanding that the audience is from now on bathing in light.

(Oh, and will there ever come an end to the tyranny of fifty thousand people all raising their huge smartphone and tablet screens in the air the second a show begins? Everybody is filming a poor quality video of a show which nobody gets to see properly anymore)

Gig 'Em Mickey

How much are these? I thought this was just in Disneyland. It looks cool on TV. Our last trip was in 2012, guess WDW wasn't using these them because I don't remember them.

Rob562

How much are these? I thought this was just in Disneyland. It looks cool on TV. Our last trip was in 2012, guess WDW wasn't using these them because I don't remember them.

They were added to some WDW shows (Fantasmic, Wishes, Osborne Family Spectacle of Lights) within the past year.

-Rob

dave&di

These are new since I went in last Sept, I already know I hate them!:mad: When at Universal in 2012 they had started selling hideous flashy things at the shows, staff would stand at the front of the 'stages' selling them, so when trying to watch a show you had flashy things going off all over the place. I suffer from migraines and this is a killer foe me! Don't get me started on the bubbles they were selling! :mad::mad:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom