Giving up a great fastpass

mbroschak

Original Poster
So I gave up a highly coveted Flight of Passage Fastpass today (I cancelled it) and thought the Fastpass karma gods would gift me with a Frozen or Soarin fastpass at Epcot as that’s where I decided to spend my day, but turtle talk is as good as I can get. For those of us who woke up at 4 am local time 60 days ago to get these fastpasses, why isn’t there something in place to get an equivalent fastpass if your day of plans change...????

epcotisbest

So I gave up a highly coveted Flight of Passage Fastpass today (I cancelled it) and thought the Fastpass karma gods would gift me with a Frozen or Soarin fastpass at Epcot as that’s where I decided to spend my day, but turtle talk is as good as I can get. For those of us who woke up at 4 am local time 60 days ago to get these fastpasses, why isn’t there something in place to get an equivalent fastpass if your day of plans change...????

Your cancelling a fastpass has nothing to do with what other fastpasses may or may not be available. Did you think your cancellation of one ride would suddenly increase the allocation of another ride? I'm confused, but I often am. 😃

Mickey5150

It would be interesting if Disney added the ability to trade fastpasses. People can put up fastpasses they can't use, pick which Park or experience they want instead and the system can see if there is a match. A different option would be if you give up a top tier fastpass they could offer up 2 lower tier fastpasses, same day only, subject to availability.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
It would be interesting if Disney added the ability to trade fastpasses. People can put up fastpasses they can't use, pick which Park or experience they want instead and the system can see if there is a match. A different option would be if you give up a top tier fastpass they could offer up 2 lower tier fastpasses, same day only, subject to availability.

Subject to availability is the catch lol.

OneofThree

I wouldn't get up at 4AM to make either a FP+ or an ADR. And the reality here is that we're talking about a single ride, at a single park, on a single vacation day. Forget that I personally think it's silly, but it does raise a good point about what the WDW reservation system has done to increase stress and reduce spontaneity and freedom during guests' stays. All for the low, low, price of -oh wait.

durangojim

You should have sold it on Ebay and then used the profit to bribe the people in line of the attraction you wanted to go on to let you cut. ;)

JIMINYCR

There no " I'll give up this to get that" or "I'll trade this for that" because theres no way Disneys system can know when or if someone is going to decide to alter their plans. The number of FP+ for the attractions are in the system and are being doled out according to the rides ability to handle guests. There cant be ones held back in the chance someones day changes. You get what you get. Thats what makes it so difficult to plan these things out months in advance. When you cancell youve lost out.

MickeyLuv'r

IMO, this is one of the BIG flaws of FP+. If it helps, I had to make a similar trade off to experience RotR.

Planning for my visit started well before BG details were released.

That's one of the flaws WDW made in how they rolled out the new GE ride/BG system, and the 2020 version of WDW in general. Dining starts half a year before I'm hungry, and that's rather absurd.

My dislike isn't about me personally, it is about all the ways WDW has become needlessly complicated for everyone. I'm sure all of us posting here have actually been able to use WDW's complications to our advantage many times over.

I'm no longer willing to book last minute trips to WDW.

Last edited:

ninjaprincesst

I wouldn't get up at 4AM to make either a FP+ or an ADR. And the reality here is that we're talking about a single ride, at a single park, on a single vacation day. Forget that I personally think it's silly, but it does raise a good point about what the WDW reservation system has done to increase stress and reduce spontaneity and freedom during guests' stays. All for the low, low, price of -oh wait.
It is more than worth it to some us to make the most of our limited vacation time. I am not flying all the way to Florida and spending all that money to spend a whole park day waiting in line for one ride, nor eating a hamburger every meal because I was too lazy to get up and make an ADR.

OneofThree

It is more than worth it to some us to make the most of our limited vacation time. I am not flying all the way to Florida and spending all that money to spend a whole park day waiting in line for one ride, nor eating a hamburger every meal because I was too lazy to get up and make an ADR.

I think you're missing the point. I agree, it's absolutely ridiculous to wait in line all day, for one ride. I think it's equally absurd to pay a super premium price for a vacation where I am forced to decide 6 mos/2 mos in advance exactly where I am going to be, what I want to see/ride, and what and where I might feel like eating.

Last edited:

ninjaprincesst

I think you're missing the point. I agree, it's absolutely ridiculous to wait in line all day, for one ride. I think it's equally absurd to pay a super premium price for a vacation where I am forced to decide 6 mos/2 mos in advance exactly where I am going to be, what I want to see/ride, and what and where I might feel like eating.
I guess o some it does, I am an obsessive planner so it does not bother me to have all my ducks in a row as quickly as possible makes me very happy.

Qscout

Our last trip I booked ADR's for every other day or couple of days, so that we new we could get the restaurants we wanted, but at the same time, allowed flexibility the other days to see where we were or what we felt like eating. Likewise with FP+ there were quite a lot that we didn't go to either because we weren't in that park or didn't fancy it at the time. but at the same time knowing we had them booked offered some comfort.

Trackmaster

Honestly, there kind of is a horsetrading aspect to the FP+. All you have to do is just elect to switch your FP+ and start looking. The catch is that you have to stay within the same park. But, if you have the best FP+ in the park already, I don't know why you would be switching.

I guess my question is why you're switching parks. Just stick to your original plans. It makes its a lot easier.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Honestly, there kind of is a horsetrading aspect to the FP+. All you have to do is just elect to switch your FP+ and start looking. The catch is that you have to stay within the same park. But, if you have the best FP+ in the park already, I don't know why you would be switching.

I guess my question is why you're switching parks. Just stick to your original plans. It makes its a lot easier.

So true. Never understand why people just randomly decide meh I rather go to this park today instead...
Some people complain about having to pre plan but like I always say if you go on a vacation through a tour group you're gonna know what day you are going where and what food you will be eating each day months or even a year in advance and you don't just switch it up the day of...

drizgirl

So true. Never understand why people just randomly decide meh I rather go to this park today instead...
Some people complain about having to pre plan but like I always say if you go on a vacation through a tour group you're gonna know what day you are going where and what food you will be eating each day months or even a year in advance and you don't just switch it up the day of...
So you think everyone should vacation your way?

Things happen. Kids get sick. People need a day off. Friends show up. Kids beg for "one last ride" in another park. Some people like to have a little spontaneity. Rides went down earlier in the week and you need to adjust. Lots of reasons things might need to be switched up last minute.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
So you think everyone should vacation your way?

Things happen. Kids get sick. People need a day off. Friends show up. Kids beg for "one last ride" in another park. Some people like to have a little spontaneity. Rides went down earlier in the week and you need to adjust. Lots of reasons things might need to be switched up last minute.

NO I do not believe everyone should vacation my way.
You chose to take what I said too personally to yourself.
It was more of a general statement of fact that if you were to go on a trip to say Europe with a tour group you'd know your schedule months if not a year out and people don't seem to take issue with that.
The OP seemed to just "feel" like going to a different park and then complained about it.
Its one thing if something comes up beyond your control and when that happens I am always flexible and don't complain about it.

Last edited:

MickeyLuv'r

RotR opened well after my most recent trip was planned.
RotR opened 12/5/2019.
ADR's (180) for 12/5 started on 6/8/2019.
FP (60+/30)for 12/5/2019 started 10/6/2019 or 11/5/2019.

The crossover for the 60 FP mark was just this week. More or less, onsite guests from 12/5 through this week would have already booked their FP before the ride opened.

now folks in the know knew RotR wasn't going to have FP, but not how the BG would work. WDW had BG the first day GE opened in August, but they abandoned BG just a few hours later. It wasn't hard to get into GE on opening day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom