give me your best tips for a covid Disney trip

Weather_Lady

The same as any trip: pack lightly and well, educate yourself ahead of time about the weather and the amenities and the hours, and what's open (or not), and what current procedures are for dining and attractions, and the best way to tackle your must-dos. Adjust your expectations accordingly and adopt as flexible and optimistic an attitude as possible, knowing that even the best of planners will encounter some unexpected things along the way. :)

Also, don't forget your masks! Bring more than you think you'll need. Hats with decent brims are a great idea for sunny days in lieu of sunglasses, as masks tend to fog sunglasses up, and if you're not used to wearing masks for long periods of time, consider a hat with buttons that the ear loops can be hooked to, or those "ear savers" straps that serve the same purpose.

Upvote 0

tcool123

Okay so Im a passholder and have frequented the parks often since reopening, whenever I leave to visit the bag I always take what I call my “Covid bag”.

I have a clip on bottle of sanitizer on the outside of the bag for quick access for my party. In my side pocket I have extra bottles of sanitizer that in case the clip on runs out so I can replace it along with a spray sanitizer bottle. I bought these all from Bath and Bodyworks.

In my bag proper I always have a pack of extra masks in a resealable bag in case someone’s mask in my party either breaks or gets wet. I bought these masks at dds discounts, but Im sure Ross has them to since they’re the same company! On top of that I actually have been double masking it whenever I visit the parks, the Disney masks are the perfect size to cover up the surgical masks so it looks seamless in photos! If you meed help wearing masks I would say practice at home with wearing a mask for prolonged periods of time so you can get a hand of it.

In my bag I also carry sanitizing wipes, bought at dds discounts again, I use them to sanitize any surfaces that I’m eating on and I don’t know when they were last clean. I also use them to sanitize my wallet, phone, glasses, and magicband after a day at the parks. I carry a couple of copper straws because paper staraws aren’t the best but also so my lips don’t touch and cups or bottles without knowing who touched them.

In terms of social distancing you can always request it in the rides just do so before they tell you where to sit.

Upvote 0

MrsPrice96

In the Parks
No
Staying on property- bring pump hand soap. The new masks that Disney sells are much more breathable than the original version they had if you need to purchase any. We always get extra napkins when eating to place our mask on it not on top of the table.

Upvote 0

Schweino

1. Utilize the relaxation stations they have so you can have some time to take your masks off and get some fresh air hitting that face.
2. Accept the fact that the lines are going to appear way longer than they really are. It does cause initial shock if you haven't been since reopening.
3. Carry little bottles of hand sanitizer and use it before/after every ride or pretty much when you touch anything :)
4. Don't be one of those people that try to sneak their mask down to take a picture or take a drink. It causes awkwardness and if the CM's catch you, you will be called out publicly.

Those are the tips we followed last November and we had a great time!

Upvote 0

Disstevefan1

Keep expectations low.
Bring and keep with you plenty of masks and replace them often.
Bring and keep with you plenty of hand sanitizer and sanitizer wipes and use them often.
Be self aware and mindful; try not to touch things you don’t have to touch.
Try not to touch your face and try not to touch/adjust your mask too often.

Upvote 0

cmb5002

Don't let long lines discourage you. With social distancing, and without FP+ they move very quickly.
Wait times generally seemed to be overestimated by ~20 min in our September trip.
Stop and take drink breaks. With our masks on, and with dining areas more closed off, we found ourselves more dehydrated than normal (as we used to walk and drink, or stop into a dining area off peak to grab and AC break)

Upvote 1

6laurac

Okay so Im a passholder and have frequented the parks often since reopening, whenever I leave to visit the bag I always take what I call my “Covid bag”.

I have a clip on bottle of sanitizer on the outside of the bag for quick access for my party. In my side pocket I have extra bottles of sanitizer that in case the clip on runs out so I can replace it along with a spray sanitizer bottle. I bought these all from Bath and Bodyworks.

In my bag proper I always have a pack of extra masks in a resealable bag in case someone’s mask in my party either breaks or gets wet. I bought these masks at dds discounts, but Im sure Ross has them to since they’re the same company! On top of that I actually have been double masking it whenever I visit the parks, the Disney masks are the perfect size to cover up the surgical masks so it looks seamless in photos! If you meed help wearing masks I would say practice at home with wearing a mask for prolonged periods of time so you can get a hand of it.

In my bag I also carry sanitizing wipes, bought at dds discounts again, I use them to sanitize any surfaces that I’m eating on and I don’t know when they were last clean. I also use them to sanitize my wallet, phone, glasses, and magicband after a day at the parks. I carry a couple of copper straws because paper staraws aren’t the best but also so my lips don’t touch and cups or bottles without knowing who touched them.

In terms of social distancing you can always request it in the rides just do so before they tell you where to sit.
Sorry to ask but what is different about copper straws than stainless reusable ones? That is a good idea by the way since I do not like the biodegradable straws taste

Upvote 0

tcool123

Sorry to ask but what is different about copper straws than stainless reusable ones? That is a good idea by the way since I do not like the biodegradable straws taste
Honestly? No clue 😅

I saw that these were dollar and bought them to try them out as I’ve never used any alternative straw.

I will say say this the copper straw matches the temperature of the drink. If the drink is cold your lips feel the cold and if the drink is hot then you’ll feel the heat. Beyond that to me it’s just like any other straw.

My kit came with prebent and straight ones along with two brushes so maybe that plays a factor but yeah beyond that im not well verse in straw differences 😅

Upvote 0

MickeyLuv'r

I don't think the straws make any claims or anything, but if you look up the NIH data, copper offers some anti-bacterial and anti-viral properties. It is sometimes preferred for food prep areas and hospital door handles for this reason. Prior to antibiotics, it was sometimes used to ward off infections. (Medical use of copper actually goes back a very long time.)

Upvote 0

6laurac

I don't think the straws make any claims or anything, but if you look up the NIH data, copper offers some anti-bacterial and anti-viral properties. It is sometimes preferred for food prep areas and hospital door handles for this reason. Prior to antibiotics, it was sometimes used to ward off infections. (Medical use of copper actually goes back a very long time.)
I’ll look for some copper straws to take our next trip. Thanks

Upvote 0

pixie225

Great tips - most of these are what we still do at "home" anyway. Have my bottles of hand-sanitizer, extra masks, wipes ready to go. I also found travel-size bottles of lysol spray to take (Walmart and Amazon) so I can sanitize the hotel room. They are small (1 oz) but at least I can carry them on the plane in as we are not checking luggage. Will also put one or 2 in my backpack for the park to spray any surfaces (tables before eating, etc.) I feel need it - which may be everything!

Upvote 0

Lilofan

Bring some aspirin or tyleno, tums if you start to have a headache, upset stomach. If the theme parks do sell it it may be pricey. It is not covid related but this can save you money.

Upvote 0

MrsPrice96

In the Parks
No
That is not the same experience we had in March. There was plenty of Social Distancing. The ride ques are social distanced and the rides themselves were. You do not have to ask- they separate everyone. We did not ride any rides where there was not at least a row between us and the next party or plexiglass glass. The rides that don't have plexiglass are big thunder mountain. space mountain, splash mountain and such. In those cases they have spaces in the rows. Some would give 2 rows before the next party.

Upvote 0

tcool123

That is not the same experience we had in March. There was plenty of Social Distancing. The ride ques are social distanced and the rides themselves were. You do not have to ask- they separate everyone. We did not ride any rides where there was not at least a row between us and the next party or plexiglass glass. The rides that don't have plexiglass are big thunder mountain. space mountain, splash mountain and such. In those cases they have spaces in the rows. Some would give 2 rows before the next party.
y boyfriend works Flight of Passage and they load everybody in, that is their policy.

When I went earlier this week Expedition Everest WAS NOT social distancing on the ride and DOES NOT have plexiglass thus having me to request it.

As of 10 days ago Slinky Dog Dash WAS NOT social distancing on the ride either and DOES NOT have plexiglass either. I had to request it here as well.

Admittedly I don’t go to Magic as often as the other parks due to the hassle of the TTC but in my experience at the other three parks it’s been either plexiglass or nothing at all on the ride.

FYI even with the plexiglass try to request it on the Plaet Watch Train the plexiglass stops midway and does very little of anything when compared to installations on other rides.

Upvote 0

Dave B

Yeah, That's not happening any longer

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom