Give a Day, Get a Disney Day question

need2go2wdw

Original Poster
Hey everyone, I was wondering if anyone had done this yet. I just signed up me and my DH for vounteering at a youth tennis match on Saturday, Feb 13. Disney says allow up to 2 weeks for the confirmation and the voucher for the ticket to be sent to you, and that would be great if it's really the correct timeframe because I need it for a weekend trip we are taking on Sat, Feb 27, which is exactly 2 weeks after the volunteer day. So, I was wondering if anyone else had done this yet and if so, how long did it take to get your voucher?

Thanks!

need2go2wdw

Original Poster
Wow! That is fast! That makes me feel better! I kinda figured the 2 week thing was just there as a "in case it takes a long time for some strange reason, you're not expecting it lickity split" type of timeframe. Its always better to under-promise and over-deliver!

Courtney1188

Wow! That is fast! That makes me feel better! I kinda figured the 2 week thing was just there as a "in case it takes a long time for some strange reason, you're not expecting it lickity split" type of timeframe. Its always better to under-promise and over-deliver!

I hateeee under-promise and over-deliver. Because customers freak out when you under-promise. "OMG, what do you MEAN it's going to take up to two weeks for my TV to get here?!?!"

Sigh...

But yes, it should be faster because most companies do this. haha

wdwfan22

Does anyone know if you can upgrade your ticket to a park hopper once you get there aka pay the difference?

Yes, you may upgrade the free ticket to another ticket type of greater value within the applicable upgrade window. However, you are responsible for the incremental cost and the new ticket may only be used by you. No changes or refunds will be given. The value of the free ticket may not be used to combine or upgrade with a separate single or multi-day ticket

kmdisney

I saw on a post that someone turned their ticket in for a fast pass ticket. Does anyone know if that is being allowed? I thought I had read on the official site that you could only use it as a ticket or could donate it to a charity.

dkrause

Give a Day Get a Day

A colleague volunteered on January 18 and received the Disney email for the voucher on January 22. I am certain it depends on the organization you are volunteering with and their ability to do what ever they need to with Disney.

Captain Hank

I saw on a post that someone turned their ticket in for a fast pass ticket. Does anyone know if that is being allowed? I thought I had read on the official site that you could only use it as a ticket or could donate it to a charity.
If the volunteer already has a mult-day ticket or annual pass, then they can donate the ticket, use it for special fastpasses, get a collectable sculpture and pin lanyard, or use the value of the ticket towards the purchase of a higher-priced ticket.

IWorkWTeeth

If you already have a multi-day ticket or a AP, you can get Fastpasses instead. You should present your voucher before 11am as they can run out. You will receive 5 FP for your party per voucher. I'm glad to hear that they are sending the vouchers quickly. Bringing donated items for disadvantages children on the 7th and leaving for Disney on the 18th. Was hoping to get my voucher before we left!

DoleWhipDiva

The person from the non-profit organization you volunteered with needs to verify your attendance. That could be a hold up if that person is slow. Also, you can go to MANAGE YOUR ACCOUNT and you might find your voucher waiting to be printed.

I got mine in 5 days. Here's another question I haven't seen....we are going to Disney on March 30 - it's during the blackout week for the Give a Day program. That's the only time I know of that we'll be there this year - I wonder if they may offer anything as a courtesy if we just donate the tickets since they can't be used (some fast passes or something??). Anyone hear anything about that? Or should I just take it that a Black Out date means exactly that - you're out of luck!

Wait - just to clarify so I don't get flamed for not being in the spirit of giving....we were happy to do the volunteer day and I will gladly donate the ticket as I know many people will who can't get to Disney - I was just asking that since we WILL be there, but just during the blackout if they may offer anything else (the only blackout dates to the program are March 29 - April 8 and July 4)
:)

disneygirl1

Can the fastpasses be used in other parks or the park in which the voucher is redeemed in?

I think it is just in the park in which it is redeemed... Question though, does anyone know what fastpasses you receive for turning in the voucher at any of the parks? Curious! Thanks!

Partyco

I Am from Wisconsin and my wife and I completed our volunteer work in January. We received and printed our vouchers shortly after completion.
We are currently n vacation in Orlando and when we tried to redeem the voucher for a one day ticket, they told me I wasn't in the system. Quote: " our hands our tied. You have to contact the Hands on Network to have them submit your name as completed."

so even though you can't get the voucher without completing the work and my wifes voucher worked fine, Disney directed me to the Hands n Network.

Now I have left emails and voicemails but can't reach a real person and our vacation is ending down. Any suggestions?

Thank you.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom