Trip Report Girls Just Want to Have Fun - An October Trip Report

Well it certainly has been awhile since I’ve posted a trip report! This trip report is for an October trip...October of 2015 that is. Yes. It has taken me a little over a year to write this thing but I’ve finally done it. :D And I swear I have a really good reason why it’s taken me so long…

I HAD A BABY! :D:D:D

11E15286-F43D-4F69-A7BE-39AEA49F20D6.jpg

His name is Oliver and he was born in June. :) I actually found out two days before this trip that I was pregnant so it’s been a crazy year filled with lots of exciting changes.

I haven’t been able to take a trip to WDW since I found out I was pregnant so this was kind of my last hurrah if you will. Of course we already have Oliver’s first WDW trip planned for November 2017 and my husband and I are going on the Disney Wonder in January so we won’t be without Disney for much longer. :)

This trip was actually a girls weekend for the agents of Kingdom Konsultant Travel. I was super excited for this trip because it’s always fun when we get together but it was also during the Food and Wine Festival! Sadly, since I was pregnant, I couldn’t partake in all of the Food and Wine festivities but I still had a great time. Lots of food, just no wine.

The Details

When: October 1-4, 2015

Who: Ashley (That’s me!), Pam (@Kingdom Konsultant), Carissa (@sissa216), Jennifer (@PixieDustMamma), Stacy (@mammaminnie), Marla (@SaltyD), Pam (@Gaston's gal), Tara (@TinkerTara), Marie (@wannabeBelle), Betsy (@cruisegirl973), Aubrey (@DisneyAubs), Melissa (@MyFavoriteFigment), Kristy (@dreamingofdisney), Heather (@hwooda), Mary Ann (@MaryMcMagic), Amy (@NHMouse), Dani, Anna, Stacy and Scott, our lone fella :D (@Mr KK)

IMG_1973.jpg

Where: Disney’s BoardWalk

Now… on with the show!

October 1st - Let’s get this party started! :D

I had a 7am flight on Southwest and arrived in Orlando at 8:40am.

7022070A-F663-4C94-9F99-2512EBD3C5BE.jpg

I made my way to Disney’s Magical Express and was able to board a bus very quickly. And who should I see board the bus after I got on? Kristy!

3B5401C0-505B-4396-8B8D-640F204E9424.jpg

IMG_1063.jpg

IMG_1065.jpg

222B9ADC-25CC-435C-B18D-4D5BC5E8EB2A.jpg

Anna also joined us on the DME and we then made our way to the BoardWalk. It was so fun to be able to chat with friends on our way to the resort.

We checked in at the resort and unfortunately my room wasn’t ready yet. Luckily, Anna’s room was ready so I was able to drop off my bags in her room. I can’t remember who else joined us at that point but eventually I know Amy and Carissa showed up. (See, that’s what happens when you have a kid and wait a year to write your trip report! :D )

Anna’s room had a great view of Crescent Lake so I took some pictures while we waited for others to arrive. Then we stopped by the concierge lounge since we were staying Club Level this trip. Woo woo! :D

IMG_1070.jpg

IMG_1069.jpg

IMG_1073.jpg

IMG_1074.jpg

Innkeeper's Club Lounge Goodies. Yum!

IMG_1075.jpg

IMG_1076.jpg

IMG_1078.jpg

IMG_1079.jpg

IMG_1080.jpg

After grabbing some snacks, we made our way to the Magic Kingdom before our dinner reservations at the California Grill! Of course I had to take some pictures of the lobby along the way.

IMG_1081.jpg

IMG_1083.jpg

IMG_1085.jpg

IMG_1086.jpg

WishIWasAtWDW

Original Poster
IMG_1087.jpg

IMG_1088.jpg

IMG_1090.jpg

Hello Magic Kingdom!

IMG_1092.jpg

IMG_1093.jpg

Choo choo!

IMG_1095.jpg

IMG_1096.jpg

I love the fall decorations at the Magic Kingdom!

IMG_1098.jpg

We caught the Move It! Shake It! Parade on our way in.

IMG_1101.jpg

IMG_1104.jpg

IMG_1109.jpg

IMG_1112.jpg

IMG_1114.jpg

Woody reminds me of Oprah in those last two pictures. “You get a car! And you get a car!” :p

I stopped by the castle to take one of my new photo series pictures.

47CA57D8-7F6F-4A7F-B8C2-856EAF6E05F4.jpg

Pam calls this my “forehead of security” picture. :hilarious: Any Iron Man fans get the reference? Now, every time I take this picture, that’s what I think of. So thanks a lot Pam! :D

Carissa and I had matched up all of our FP+ selections so we split up from the group and went to Space Mountain for the first ride of the trip. Now at this point in the trip, no one knew I was pregnant. It was too early to tell anyone so I kept quiet (more on that later). I know they say if you are pregnant you shouldn’t go on certain attractions but I wasn’t sure how to get out of riding Space without flat out telling Carissa I was pregnant. So, I kept texting my husband to do research if it was okay for me to ride and although we couldn’t find anything concrete, it looked like it should be okay. I was really worried though (again, more on that later ;))

IMG_1121.jpg

IMG_1123.jpg

Oh, hey Carissa! :D

We met back up with the other girls and went to grab some lunch at Sleepy Hollow. I was excited to try one of the waffle sandwiches since I hadn’t gotten a chance to try one yet.

IMG_1124.jpg

IMG_1126.jpg

IMG_1127.jpg

IMG_1128.jpg

WishIWasAtWDW

Original Poster
I thought the sandwiches were really good. I actually really liked the nutella one! I think I might have liked it more than the chicken sandwich but I liked them both. I heard recently that the chicken sandwich is back at Sleepy Hollow but the quality isn’t as good so that’s disappointing. :(

After we were sufficiently full we went over to Peter Pan’s Flight to cash in some FP+s.

IMG_1132.jpg

IMG_1134.jpg

I told Amy to go pose :D

IMG_1135.jpg

IMG_1136.jpg

IMG_1137.jpg

IMG_1141.jpg

We made our way around the park casually strolling along checking out the sights. We got held up by the crowds waiting for the 3 o’clock parade and found ourselves inside the Tortuga Tavern. I never seem to be visiting when this place was open so I was happy to check it out. I was also glad to be able to take another one of my many photo series pictures...restroom signs. :D I have a lot of weird photo series. Forehead of security. Restroom signs. Trash cans. What can I say? I have my quirks.

IMG_1143.jpg

IMG_1145.jpg

IMG_1146.jpg

Amy, Carissa and I were on the hunt for a spot to watch the parade. We ended up stopping in Liberty Square right over the bridge. We had a slightly obstructed view because of the bridge railing but it was a nice spot. The other ladies went to catch some more attractions and we would meet up with them again for dinner at the California Grill along with the rest of the group. I love the Festival of Fantasy and didn’t want to miss it.

IMG_1150.jpg

IMG_1153.jpg

IMG_1164.jpg

IMG_1165.jpg

IMG_1169.jpg

IMG_1175.jpg

IMG_1192.jpg

IMG_1196.jpg

IMG_1203.jpg

IMG_1228.jpg

IMG_1244.jpg

WishIWasAtWDW

Original Poster
IMG_1273.jpg

IMG_1281.jpg

IMG_1301.jpg

IMG_1310.jpg

IMG_1312.jpg

IMG_1351.jpg

IMG_1353.jpg

IMG_1352.jpg

IMG_1355.jpg

IMG_1359.jpg

It was time to make our way over to the Contemporary for our 5pm reservation at the California Grill. We slowly made our way out of the park, checking out some shops and taking pictures on the way out.

IMG_1366.jpg

IMG_1368.jpg

IMG_1369.jpg

E8BC8FAF-6F60-42E3-ADAB-8CA9CD77B5CD.jpg

I saw the Dapper Dans outside the Emporium so I stopped for a listen.

IMG_1376.jpg

IMG_1382.jpg

IMG_1390.jpg

IMG_1391.jpg

IMG_1393.jpg

IMG_1394.jpg

WishIWasAtWDW

Original Poster
IMG_1395.jpg

24DC649C-3C27-45A0-B719-C415AECEA221.jpg

IMG_1397.jpg

Can you tell I love these Mickey pumpkins?!

IMG_1398.jpg

IMG_1400.jpg

IMG_1402.jpg

IMG_1405.jpg

IMG_1410.jpg

IMG_1413.jpg

IMG_1416.jpg

We were coming back after dinner for MNSSHP! :)

IMG_1417.jpg

IMG_1420.jpg

MONORAIL!

I was on the hunt for monorail pictures this trip and the walk to the Contemporary was a blessing. I kept falling behind the group as I clicked away for each and every monorail. :D

IMG_1423.jpg

IMG_1428.jpg

IMG_1434.jpg

IMG_1436.jpg

IMG_1440.jpg

IMG_1441.jpg

IMG_1454.jpg

IMG_1462.jpg

I see you Monorail Red!

WishIWasAtWDW

Original Poster
IMG_1471.jpg

IMG_1475.jpg

We checked in at the California Grill and made our way upstairs to the observation deck while we waited for our table to be ready. I love the views from this spot!

IMG_1483.jpg

IMG_1484.jpg

IMG_1485.jpg

IMG_1486.jpg

IMG_1492.jpg

IMG_1494.jpg

IMG_1500.jpg

IMG_1504.jpg

You can even see Epcot from here! So cool.

This was my first time at the California Grill since it’s refurbishment so I was excited to see the new decor and cuisine. Amy ordered a drink while we waited so naturally I took a picture. :D

IMG_1506.jpg

Our table was ready and the 15 of us made our way over.

IMG_1510.jpg

IMG_1511.jpg

IMG_1512.jpg

IMG_1513.jpg

Lot of drinks at this table!

IMG_1517.jpg

5FCACA2D-5740-4A90-82DA-4CFC2CC6DC9D.jpg

Not pictured was our lovely photographer and only man brave enough to go on this trip with us, Scott :D

At the beginning of dinner, the waitress brought out champagne for all of us. Stacy then made a little toast and mentioned how we would have a new member coming to the team next year. My heart stopped because I thought she somehow knew that I was pregnant. Well, she didn’t know that I was pregnant... She was pregnant!! :D:D It was a very exciting announcement and I wanted to share my news as well but it was just too early. I took a very tiny sip of my champagne and continued with my secret but it certainly was getting more difficult!

Once we got our food, everyone started passing plates along so I could take pictures. :D It’s so nice to be with a group of people who know how I love my food pictures!

IMG_1519.jpg

IMG_1521.jpg

IMG_1522.jpg

WishIWasAtWDW

Original Poster
IMG_1525.jpg

Dinner was wonderful! I really liked the new decor and thought the food was just as delicious as always. I look forward to going back again in January. :)

After dinner, a few of us went into the restrooms to change into our Halloween costumes for Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party. I was going as Minnie Mouse since I already had the costume. I ran outside to the observation deck real quick before leaving to get a picture of the Grand Floridian.

IMG_1526.jpg

The majority of our group made our way back to the MK for MNSSHP but a few of the ladies were heading to Epcot to see Christopher Cross perform at the Food and Wine Festival. I sooooo wanted to see him but I decided to stick with the majority and do the halloween party. I love “Saaaaaaaaillling, takes me awaaaaaaay” :D Hahaha Great song!

On the way back over to the MK I snagged more pictures of the monorail while the sun was setting.

IMG_1528.jpg

IMG_1533.jpg

IMG_1535.jpg

IMG_1539.jpg

IMG_1541.jpg

IMG_1544.jpg

IMG_1547.jpg

IMG_1552.jpg

IMG_1554.jpg

We stopped at the Fire Station real quick to pick up our MNSSHP Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom card.

IMG_1556.jpg

IMG_1559.jpg

IMG_1564.jpg

IMG_1566.jpg

A group of us jumped in a very long line for Pirates while others went to find a spot for the first parade. After Pirates, we actually met up with the rest of the group who waited for the parade and watched it with them. I was glad I didn’t miss the first parade because it’s one of my favorites! I had a terrible spot for picture taking but I snagged one halfway decent one to prove I was there. :)

IMG_1580.jpg

Next up we went to BTMRR, then staked out a spot in front of the castle for Wishes, the Hocus Pocus stage show and Celebrate the Magic. Again, I was very nervous about riding Big Thunder but my husband kept reassuring me that I was fine.

IMG_1596.jpg

IMG_1599.jpg

IMG_1601.jpg

I love the fog coming off the water!

IMG_1603.jpg

We couldn’t see the Hocus Pocus stage show very well from our spot but we moved closer for a later show :)

WishIWasAtWDW

Original Poster
IMG_1606.jpg

IMG_1611.jpg

IMG_1613.jpg

IMG_1615.jpg

17205359-C7B1-494D-A8A0-78BEB587CC44.jpg

IMG_1616.jpg

223316AF-A96F-4082-963D-E51D2F0453C9.jpg

IMG_1618.jpg

IMG_1625.jpg

IMG_1633.jpg

IMG_1638.jpg

IMG_1653.jpg

IMG_1667.jpg

This was the only picture I took of my costume :(

After the stage shows, everyone in the group headed back to the resort and just Carissa and I stayed for the second parade. It was at this point that I decided that I needed to tell someone that I was pregnant. I had been texting Wes, my husband, all night about the situation and how it had already been so difficult to keep the secret with everyone drinking and wanting to ride roller coasters. He agreed that I needed someone to confide in so it was at this moment that I told Carissa and I was so glad I did!! :happy: She was such a huge help throughout the weekend helping me keep the secret. It was such a relief to have someone who knew!

I was able to enjoy the second parade a little more now that a weight had been lifted. :) I still didn’t have a great viewing spot for pictures but it was still enjoyable.

IMG_1669.jpg

IMG_1676.jpg

We made our way towards the exit and actually caught up to the parade at the end of Main Street before it makes the loop in Town Square. We stopped again to watch the final few floats before we called it a night.

IMG_1678.jpg

IMG_1681.jpg

IMG_1689.jpg

IMG_1700.jpg

IMG_1705.jpg

WishIWasAtWDW

Original Poster
IMG_1711.jpg

I wish this picture was in focus because they both really gave me the evil eye! :D

IMG_1720.jpg

IMG_1722.jpg

And that was the end of our first day! Carissa and I left the park a little after 11pm and made our way back to the BoardWalk. I was so exhausted but that wasn’t stopping me from a fun filled day in the parks tomorrow!

Next up: Epcot and Disney Springs

Zipadeelady

Oh my gosh, your baby is adorable!

Your pictures are phenomenal

And three. I remember your bathroom sign series in one of your reports back before my 2014 trip, during that trip I saw a funny bathroom sign on Tom Sawyer Island and had to take a picture. I put it in my trip report but couldn't remember your name but I put it in there thinking you :)

WishIWasAtWDW

Original Poster
Oh my gosh, your baby is adorable!

Your pictures are phenomenal

And three. I remember your bathroom sign series in one of your reports back before my 2014 trip, during that trip I saw a funny bathroom sign on Tom Sawyer Island and had to take a picture. I put it in my trip report but couldn't remember your name but I put it in there thinking you :)

Thanks @Zipitidoda! We think he's pretty cute too. :D

Hahaha That is awesome! I love all of my random photo series. It keeps each trip interesting. I'm thinking of eventually making photobooks with each series but haven't gotten to that point yet.

Love it!!! I'm reliving this like it was yesterday. I *need* to get back to Boardwalk (or Club Level anywhwere) asap!

Any trip report that starts with such an adorable baby picture like that is going to be a good one :D;)

It really doesn't feel like a year ago @sissa216! I'm so spoiled now from staying Club Level.

Awe thanks! :D

Your baby is precious!! What a cutie!! I'm really enjoying your wonderful hotel and park photos. Looking forward to more! :)

Thank you @MinnieM123! I'm glad your enjoying them! I'm hoping to post more in the next couple days. :)

LeighM

Your baby is precious - so cute! Love your pictures too. Seeing the pictures of your Halloween Party trading card just reminded me that I totally forgot to get mine at this year's party :banghead: I even remember telling my husband "please don't let me forget to pick up the card" LOL. Looking forward to the rest of your report.

DisneyPrincess5

Congrats on your son! Ive always enjoyed your trip reports and this one is turning out great so far! Beautiful photos as always, especially the monorail shots. Reading along and enjoying.

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
IMG_1087.jpg

IMG_1088.jpg

IMG_1090.jpg

Hello Magic Kingdom!

IMG_1092.jpg

IMG_1093.jpg

Choo choo!

IMG_1095.jpg

IMG_1096.jpg

I love the fall decorations at the Magic Kingdom!

IMG_1098.jpg

We caught the Move It! Shake It! Parade on our way in.

IMG_1101.jpg

IMG_1104.jpg

IMG_1109.jpg

IMG_1112.jpg

IMG_1114.jpg

Woody reminds me of Oprah in those last two pictures. “You get a car! And you get a car!” :p

I stopped by the castle to take one of my new photo series pictures.

47CA57D8-7F6F-4A7F-B8C2-856EAF6E05F4.jpg

Pam calls this my “forehead of security” picture. :hilarious: Any Iron Man fans get the reference? Now, every time I take this picture, that’s what I think of. So thanks a lot Pam! :D

Carissa and I had matched up all of our FP+ selections so we split up from the group and went to Space Mountain for the first ride of the trip. Now at this point in the trip, no one knew I was pregnant. It was too early to tell anyone so I kept quiet (more on that later). I know they say if you are pregnant you shouldn’t go on certain attractions but I wasn’t sure how to get out of riding Space without flat out telling Carissa I was pregnant. So, I kept texting my husband to do research if it was okay for me to ride and although we couldn’t find anything concrete, it looked like it should be okay. I was really worried though (again, more on that later ;))

IMG_1121.jpg

IMG_1123.jpg

Oh, hey Carissa! :D

We met back up with the other girls and went to grab some lunch at Sleepy Hollow. I was excited to try one of the waffle sandwiches since I hadn’t gotten a chance to try one yet.

IMG_1124.jpg

IMG_1126.jpg

IMG_1127.jpg

IMG_1128.jpg

WishIWasAtWDW

Original Poster
Your baby is precious - so cute! Love your pictures too. Seeing the pictures of your Halloween Party trading card just reminded me that I totally forgot to get mine at this year's party :banghead: I even remember telling my husband "please don't let me forget to pick up the card" LOL. Looking forward to the rest of your report.

Thank you @LeighM! We think he's pretty cute too! :D That is the worst when you realize you forgot something! I've done the same thing where I tell my husband to remind me so I don't forget and then we both end up forgetting until it's too late. Oh well! Next time.

Congrats on your son! Ive always enjoyed your trip reports and this one is turning out great so far! Beautiful photos as always, especially the monorail shots. Reading along and enjoying.

Thanks @DisneyPrincess5 :) Thanks for reading! I'm glad you are enjoying it. I planned on posting more earlier in the week but it's hard to find time for the computer with a 4 month old. :hilarious:

That's what I'm here for! Is this the forehead of security?

Hahaha Thanks Pam! :p More forehead of security pictures coming soon...;)

WishIWasAtWDW

Original Poster
October 2nd - Food and Wine Festival Fun

Even after getting very little sleep, Carissa and I were up bright and early. We had originally hoped to make it to Epcot for park opening at 9am but sadly, we weren’t up that bright and early. :D We stopped for a quick breakfast at the Club Level Lounge and then made our way through World Showcase to Future World around 10am.

IMG_1726.jpg

IMG_1727.jpg

IMG_1729.jpg

IMG_1733.jpg

IMG_1738.jpg

I love how empty World Showcase is on your way to Future World in the morning.

IMG_1739.jpg

IMG_1742.jpg

MONORAIL!

IMG_1746.jpg

IMG_1754.jpg

IMG_1758.jpg

After our ride on SSE, we took some photos of the F&W decorations and even got to have a photo session with Monorail Gold.

IMG_1760.jpg

IMG_1764.jpg

2335D9CB-2F11-4726-9838-9D6166BB3320.jpg

SSE Forehead of Security reporting for duty :cool: :p

IMG_1768.jpg

IMG_1773.jpg

IMG_1783.jpg

IMG_1787.jpg

IMG_1788.jpg

We made our way over to the Festival Center to check out the merchandise and ran into some very musically talented chefs.

IMG_1792.jpg

IMG_1799.jpg

WishIWasAtWDW

Original Poster
IMG_1808.jpg

I LOVE these trash can salt and pepper shakers! I just saw that they now have Disney trash can Christmas ornaments and I’m dying!!! :D:D:D I NEED them!!!

IMG_1811.jpg

LOVE!

IMG_1813.jpg

We missed the cast of The Chew by one day! Darn. I love Carla from her days on Top Chef so that would have been really neat.

We made our way over to World Showcase right at 11am to start sampling some of the food and drinks. First stop, Hawaii.

319662C1-119E-4C8C-A461-9BCDCE568BF6.jpg

I love the pork slider! Normally I would pair it with a Mai Tai but no dice this year. That’s okay though. There will be plenty of time for Mai Tais in my future. :D

Next stop was Canada. Carissa got the Filet and I snapped a photo. I wasn’t super hungry after my pork slider so I was holding out for other booths. Next up was Brazil and Carissa got the frozen Caipirinha. I couldn’t partake in the drinking but I posed for a picture and sent it to the other ladies. I had to keep up with the act that I wasn’t pregnant. ;)

IMG_1816.jpg

IMG_1818.jpg

58B7624C-068E-4765-9A36-CBE681615E01.jpg

38400CE1-ED00-4315-A91D-F61FF3F11A87.jpg

This is my “I’m pretending I’m drinking” face :D

I’m not a lush or anything but I do enjoy a cocktail while on vacation. The ladies knew from our Family Cruise the previous June that I had a fondness for tropical drinks so I was just worried that if they never saw me drinking, they would be suspicious as to the reasoning. Going to the park early with Carissa was a great cover.

We found our way to the America Gardens Theatre and the American Music Machine was starting. We snagged a spot in the front row off to the side and enjoyed the show. This was my first time seeing the group and I thought they were really good! I would definitely see them again…(stay tuned for when “again” ended up being!)

IMG_1819.jpg

American Music Machine

IMG_1821.jpg

This guy kept staring right at me while I was taking pictures. o_O

IMG_1830.jpg

119CBC78-12D7-4692-A011-F9F8952F7333.jpg

8CBFB60C-DE66-4877-B143-463BC815DE65.jpg

After the Music Machine, we found ourselves in Germany for a pretzel und bier. I got the pretzel and Carissa got the beer. :hungry:

191025FE-5B57-49DB-ADE5-E96D46ABC0EC.jpg

I was the hand model for this picture. :D

We found our way all the way to Mexico and met up with some other ladies. I was officially hungry at this point and decided to order some nachos.

IMG_1839.jpg

Yummy!

It was getting pretty hot outside so after our brief visit to Mexico we stepped inside, what else, a gift shop! I absolutely LOVE the Orange Bird! I think he is so cute. I mentioned this to Carissa and she sent me the cutest little Orange Bird stuffed animal for Oliver! :D It has a prominent place on a shelf in his nursery.

IMG_1840.jpg

IMG_1841.jpg

IMG_1842.jpg

So cute!

At this point, we found out that the rest of the group was at the American Adventure pavilion getting ready to watch the Voices of Liberty. We took another stroll to America and met up with the ladies for the show.

E754E94E-F422-4219-BB8D-52A1EE897769.jpg

IMG_1850.jpg

The ducks were enjoying a swim

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom