Gift Cards & "Room Only" Reservation

Missymoe4

Original Poster
Hello,

This is the first time I have made a "room only" reservation. In the past, I was able to book a package and pay off my balance prior to arrival. I use Disney gift cards to save myself some money. However, with the room only reservation, I cannot pay off my balance until I arrive at the hotel.

Since the gift cards are in $50 increments, I don't want to hand the cast member 34 gift cards to pay off my balance. Is there any way that I can either:

1. Pay off my balance ahead of time
2. Combine all of the gift cards onto one so that I can hand one card to the cast member upon check in?

Thank you for your time,
Maureen

disney4life2008

From my understanding, you cant ccombine gift cards. However, as others have said you can call in advance and they will take each card and apply towards the reservation. Though, it may be easier just to really hand the cm all the cards at check-in. It is no problem. I have used 10 gift cards myself at check-in.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Yes you definately can call and pay towards or pay off completely your room only reservation before you arrive with your gift cards. :)

Missymoe4

Original Poster
Yes you definately can call and pay towards or pay off completely your room only reservation before you arrive with your gift cards. :)

The other people who replied told me to call. Did you call or is there a place online that I'm missing?

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
The other people who replied told me to call. Did you call or is there a place online that I'm missing?
Yes sorry I saw theirs after I posted. Lol. For room only i had to call unless something changed. But they are usually perfectly pleasant to deal with even if you have lots of cards to use. :)

sandam1

You didn't mention where you were going to be purchasing the gift cards from, but if you are going to Target, I found that one of our local stores carries $100 Disney cards. It seems to depend on the store as I went to another Target and all they had were $25 and $50. The $100 amount is also available on-line.

Much-Pixie-Dust

I have paid at check-in with multiple gift cards on a room-only ressie. It takes a little bit of time, but nothing excessive. I also use them to apply on my account up front. It makes me feel better about what I am spending during my trip. I teach and my students tend to give me Disney gift cards as teacher gifts, so the gift cards aren't usually in large increments. The CM's have never acted annoyed. Several have said what nice gifts I have received from my kiddos, and I completely agree with them.

Figgy1

Premium Member
You didn't mention where you were going to be purchasing the gift cards from, but if you are going to Target, I found that one of our local stores carries $100 Disney cards. It seems to depend on the store as I went to another Target and all they had were $25 and $50. The $100 amount is also available on-line.
Welcome aboard.My friend didn't get the discount online only at the store.

Courtney6682

If you feel funny about giving the CM all the cards you could open a Disney Vacation Account and upload each gc yourself. It takes about an hour to do 30 or so cards...lol...I know from experience...but for every $1000 you deposit in the acct you earn a $20 gc.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom