Gift Cards- Resort Room

LongballMG

Can you pay for the balance of your resort room with a disney gift card at check in?

I am a manager with Walgreens and we sell the cards. I want to help my store's Gross Profit by purchasing as many gift cards as possible before my trip in May. If you can pay for the resort room with a gift card I would buy 1 for $500.

I paid for the deposit with my credit card and would be leaving that on file with the resort.

Thanks

~Mike

Mikester71

I think I read on here that you can use them to pay off your room or package, but can't remember if it was allowed during check in or had to be before you checked in. I bought $600 worth myself from Sam's Club because they were selling $100 Disney gift cards for $98 and then you got a $10 Disney Store card with each one. Spent the day after Christmas shopping all day and were able to buy quite a bit of stuff from a nearby Disney Store with the $80 worth of FREE cards we received. Nothing beats FREE shopping!!! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Mikester71

Oh yeah...we are going to give both the kids a couple of the cards for their spending money while we are down there in March (easier and safer than giving them cash) and use the rest of them to pay down our room balance the first few nights, since we use our room keys to pay for everything while we are in the parks. Heck, if I would have known about the cards sooner, I would have bought a couple thousand worth last year and just paid the whole trip off with them. Imagine the shopping spree we could have had at the Disney Store then!!!! :p

Upvote 0

Rob562

Yes, you can pay for the room with Disney gift cards when you check in. (Assuming you have a Room Only reservation which doesn't have to be paid off beforehand like a Package does)

You can even use them to pay down your room charge account during the course of your stay if you visit the front desk. (They may even be able to open up a room charge based solely on the gift card, but I'm not sure)

-Rob

Upvote 0

mickeysshoes

You can also use the Disney gift cards to pay for your reservation on line. I just did it last week. Works just like you were using a credit card....matter of fact you can us them over the phone and make a phone payment. Dont ever have to talk to a real live person...did one that way last week also. They do tell you to keep the cards until you check in and to bring them with you...just in case and if you were to canel the funds would be refunded back to the orgianal card...so another good reason to save them until you go!!! It sound like you have a good plan and its helping your bottom line which is even better!!! Have a fun trip!!

Upvote 0

Tiggerfanatic

Disney gift cards are like walking in the door with cash money in your hand. I paid for my whole upcoming trip - almost $1200 - with gift cards bought from the grocery store. I have a package so it had to be paid for with 45 days of check in, and I made payments on-line and on the phone.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom