Gift Card Question

eddiemcgarrigle

Ok peeps, have any of our UK members taken advantage of the free cash on offer from our favourite holiday destination?

I will be staying at POFQ in May and I'm eligible for the freebie of $550 (much appreciated Mr Mouse) but I have noticed in repeated invoices from my TA that the sum is quoted as £550. Now I'm pretty sure this is a typo but can anyone confirm it? Extra cash is always nice. :)

Rob562

As the gift card is issued by a U.S. company, and is issued to you at the time you checkin in Florida, it'll be in U.S. dollars.
You might want to let your TA know of the error in their paperwork.

-Rob

Upvote 0

eddiemcgarrigle

Original Poster
That's the thing Tom, I'm sure it's a typo as I can't really see CM's running around trying to work out the exchange rate. Still, I can keep my fingers crossed for extra cash, nothing wrong with being an optimist. :)

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
The gift card offers that we have been selling offer $300 at the Value resorts, $500 at the Moderate resorts and $750 at the deluxe resorts. The gift cards are recieved at check in.

Pam

Upvote 0

Rob562

Are there any restrictions on use of gift cards? Can they be used for dining?

The gift cards that you are given as part of the package special are regular Disney gift cards and follow the same guidelines as those you can order online or get from your local Disney Store: www.disneygiftcard.com
The restricted gift card you may be thinking of were the ones you got as an alternative to the free birthday ticket in 2009.

You'll be able to use this card in about 95% of the places in WDW, including gift shops and restaurants. Most of the restrictions would come from places that can't take cards of any kind (roaming vendors, for example) and some third-party companies in Downtown Disney and the Swan & Dolphin.

But even in places in Downtown Disney, they might accept a room charge on your room key, and then you could pay-down the balance back at your hotel using the gift card.

-Rob

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom