Ghost Hunters. WDW edition.

Slipknot

Original Poster
So I'm sitting here watching Ghost Hunters and it got me thinking. Where the heck on all of WDW property would you want TAPS (The Atlantic Paranormal Society/Ghost Hunters on Sci-Fi) to try and see if it is haunted or not?

wvdisneyfamily

I don't really get the point of this link. It's just a list of places with no references. Am I missing something? Where can I get expanded information about so-called ghost sightings at each of the places listed? The only one I'm familiar with is "George" on the POTC.

There's supposedly a ghost girl on SSE. She has long blond hair. I googled Disney Ghost and found it.

DizneyPryncess

The Haunted Mansion, Pirates, Tower of Terror, Spaceship Earth - I've heard rumors of all of those being haunted! That would be an awesome episode...

Skipper Dan

This is unbelievably incredible. You have completely stolen my idea. I was discussing this with my father and a few of my close friends recently and how I thought it would be absolutely wonderful if they could visit the "Haunted Mansion." Imagine how incredibly entertaining the T.A.P.S. team investigating the "Haunted Mansion" would be.

MichRX7

Premium Member
I used to be an avid TAPS fan. We even toured the lighthouse in St Augustine last year after seeing it on TAPS. The problem is the show is getting dated and doesn't take into account the fact that loyal viewers no longer need them to break off into an explanation of what an EMF detector is every show. I can almost script what the entire episode is going to involve before it happens. At some point they'll start taking EMF or EVP and immediately go to a pre-recorded Steve saying "EMF stands for electro-magnetic field detector which some people believe can register an entity" or "EVP stand for electronic voice phenomenon where you may pick up a disembodied voice that usually was not originally heard", break to commercial, Steve will see a spider, break to commercial, Jason will get hungry, break to commercial, Grant will see something down a hallway that I can never see in the recall video, break for commercial, they'll show a picture of the hotel they are sleeping in, break for commercial, they'll find some disembodied voice and act surprised before playing it where we can hear it, break for commercial, during the reveal I'll be straining to hear something on tape they play and the show ends with a fist bump between Grant and Jason.

I do like the live shows as they seem to be a bit more spontaneous, though the people on the internet see rediculous stuff, lol...

On that note I'd agree with the above poster who said it'd be cool if they did DisneyLand. Maybe Club 33 and see if Walt appears or if some of the "nine old men" have left a residual haunt where they spent so much life-energy.

EpcotServo

I used to be an avid TAPS fan. We even toured the lighthouse in St Augustine last year after seeing it on TAPS. The problem is the show is getting dated and doesn't take into account the fact that loyal viewers no longer need them to break off into an explanation of what an EMF detector is every show. I can almost script what the entire episode is going to involve before it happens. At some point they'll start taking EMF or EVP and immediately go to a pre-recorded Steve saying "EMF stands for electro-magnetic field detector which some people believe can register an entity" or "EVP stand for electronic voice phenomenon where you may pick up a disembodied voice that usually was not originally heard", break to commercial, Steve will see a spider, break to commercial, Jason will get hungry, break to commercial, Grant will see something down a hallway that I can never see in the recall video, break for commercial, they'll show a picture of the hotel they are sleeping in, break for commercial, they'll find some disembodied voice and act surprised before playing it where we can hear it, break for commercial, during the reveal I'll be straining to hear something on tape they play and the show ends with a fist bump between Grant and Jason.

I do like the live shows as they seem to be a bit more spontaneous, though the people on the internet see rediculous stuff, lol...

On that note I'd agree with the above poster who said it'd be cool if they did DisneyLand. Maybe Club 33 and see if Walt appears or if some of the "nine old men" have left a residual haunt where they spent so much life-energy.

When I saw them in person a few years ago, they said they hated having to do all these "explanations" over and over, and Grant immediately did a droned version of the EVP one.
:lol:

I think EMFs and the "Fear Cage" theory have a lot to do with "hauntings" at the Magic Kingdom, which is a gold-mine of unshielded wiring and outdated electronics.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Considering that TAPS uses about as much real science as Sylvia Brown would it really matter where they go?

MichRX7

Premium Member
Yeah, it's a touchy subject almost as bad as religion in our house. My wife is a true believer and I am a true skeptic. The stories she tells of what happened in their over 100 year old farm house when she was growing up are pretty interesting, but until I experience something like that I just can't relate.

We even took a "ghost hunting" vacation this past April with our neighbors who are TAPS zealots. We spent two night in a "haunted" hotel in Savannah and did the ghost tours, and then 6 nights in St Augustine doing the same. It was actually a fun vacation with some "interesting" photos, but nothing you probably can't explain. But, they do make for great stories when friends come over. The funny thing is we had friends come over asking us to see the photos, unlike most vacations where friends/relatives are super bored as you force them to watch your vacation pics! :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom