GF pool refurb's impact on the Poly's Pool

kmac77

Hey All,

We'll be at the Poly from the 21st to 31st of August, and we're going to be spending every other day as a "pool" day, and was wondering how much impact people think that the GF pool refurb will impact the Poly's pool during the day. I know that most people go to the parks during the day, and then for a swim after, so I figure it will be busy at the end of the day, but if you were staying at the GF, would you make the trek to Poly for the pool, or just hang out at the quiet pool? Thanks all.

KPM

ExtinctJenn

Technically "Pool Hopping" is against policy and trespassing if you're not staying at the resort you're swimming at. This is a long standing debate but Disney's official policy is pretty clear that you can't do it. If you go by that, technically there should be no impact. Now... because in this case the pool at the GF is closed, I'm not sure if they are "allowing" people to head over to the Poly or if the rool still stands.

EDIT: I just read that indeed GF guests are getting Poly passes so ignore everything I said and I'd say prepare for impact. LOL!!

Upvote 0

Polydweller

There will undoubtly be some impact but there will be one pool open at GF so it may not be too overwhelming. The distance to the pool will also keep some away. But I'd be prepared for a busy pool.

Upvote 0

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I think the distance will be too much for a lot of people. I think those that were going to the courtyard pool will just end up going to the GF beach pool, and no further than that. I think you'll be fine. Have a great trip!

Upvote 0

dave&di

We were supposed to be staying at the GF in Sept but have now transferred to the WL, toooo much construction happening :mad: BUT had we stayed at the GF we would have just used the beach pool instead.

Upvote 0

mickey2008.1

The hike to Poly is quite long, and with all the complaints about people having to be right by the pool or lobby, I dont see it being a problem. Plus GFs water slide pool will still be open, and thats where most families will be. You should be fine.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom