Getting to International Gateway by car (staying outside Disney)

bsimana

Hi, I want to enter to EPCOT through International Gateway to go directly to Ratatouille's attraction.
I'm staying outside Disney property.
What do you think of parking at Hollywood Studios and then going to International Gateway by skyliner?
Which is the fastest? Skyliner or boat?
I would like to walk from there, but I'm travelling with two kids big enough for a stroller but not big enough to use the pedestrian walk without being exhasted.
Thanks!!!
Brian

Weather_Lady

The Skyliner is slightly faster if you're looking to travel from HS to EPCOT. (Once aboard, the Skyliner will take you about 20 minutes with a brief disembarkation at CBR to switch to the EPCOT line and a "rolling stop" through Riviera, whereas the boat will be more like 30 minutes, with stops at Swan/Dolphin, Yacht/Beach Club, and Boardwalk along the way). Add a few minutes' wait time at the front end of your trip for each one.

If there are storms in the forecast, however, beware: the Skyliner and the Friendship Boats will both shut down if there's lightning within a certain radius, and the wait for back-up transportation (buses) may be prohibitive. In there are thunderstorms in the forecast, you may be better off parking at the front entrance to EPCOT, entering from there, and walking back to Remy's Ratatouille Adventure, which will take, perhaps, 15 minutes longer than getting there from the International Gateway. There's no great advantage to saving a few minutes' here or there at that point (other than avoiding getting overly tired from the walk): the line will already be full of on-site guests who entered EPCOT during early entry, 30 minutes before regular opening time. The wait time for it will stay fairly steady for most of the rest of the day until the last hour or two before closing, when it will begin to decline.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

you need to be on property, ie resorts, to access the skyliner, cannot park at a resort w/o resevations or dinning plans so that, it seems, is out.
The OP was suggesting parking at Hollywood Studios (not any of the onsite hotels), and taking the Skyliner or Friendship Boat from there. There's no reason they can't do that. The use of onsite transportation between parks and even resorts, including the Skyliner, is complimentary for all ticket holders: it's not limited to guests staying on property.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Clamman73

Can I park at Hollywood studios and access the skyliner to go to the international gateway?
F429D95F-A163-43DB-ABDA-5178D0276C91.jpeg

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom