Getting to Boma

bigkbull

Original Poster
Hi all! My wife and I are staying at SSR next week and we decided to give Boma a try for breakfast. I got a 7:30am ressie since we have AK FastPasses starting at 9am that day. I think the only way to get there from SSR would be to take the bus to AK and then from there to AKL, correct? Figured I'd ask the experts and maybe there's a secret route we could take, haha.

Thanks!

Weather_Lady

As Master Yoda suggested, I'd go for an Uber or Lyft. It will be inexpensive (actually, your first ride with either app is typically free) and can be arranged in minutes.

bigkbull

Original Poster
That's a great suggestion. I've never actually used either service in WDW (did a couple of times at DL though). Is there a particular location the service will meet us at SSR? Thanks again!

Kristopher Rannells

We had this same situation in October while staying at Beach Club and took a Minnie Van. A regular Uber or Lyft would work too, but we found, even though more expensive, it was quicker to get picked up with the Minnie Van.

Wendy Pleakley

In my experience trying something similar one time, they don't actually have regular bus service from the theme parks to resorts at that hour. What ended up happening was a cast member had to arrange a shuttle to take me from a theme park to a resort hotel.

Which is my long-winded way of seconding what has already been said, go with Uber or Lyft.

CaptainAmerica

If you're going to do it, Uber or Lyft is the way to go. But my personal suggestion would be to skip. Boma breakfast is my favorite meal on property but I don't think any meal is worth the travel time (and wakeup time) it would take to get there at 7:30 unless you were staying at AKL.

JillC LI

If you're going to do it, Uber or Lyft is the way to go. But my personal suggestion would be to skip. Boma breakfast is my favorite meal on property but I don't think any meal is worth the travel time (and wakeup time) it would take to get there at 7:30 unless you were staying at AKL.
LOL you wouldn't do well vacationing at WDW with my family. We eat a quick breakfast around 6:30am every day so we can make early EMH at our park of choice! Disney is not a vacation for rest in our family!

CaptainAmerica

LOL you wouldn't do well vacationing at WDW with my family. We eat a quick breakfast around 6:30am every day so we can make early EMH at our park of choice! Disney is not a vacation for rest in our family!
The issue isn't the time. My family is up for either rope drop or EMH every morning as well. The issue is transportation from one resort to another for breakfast. Resort-to-resort transportation is the biggest hassle of getting around Disney property, and I don't think it's worth it for something like a meal. He's going to need to get up at 6:00am and he's still not going to be at a park by rope drop.

bigkbull

Original Poster
Thanks for all the feedback. I'm going to have to have a chat with the wife to see how badly she really wants this. We are very early risers (I'm up at the gym for no later than 5:30am) so that part isn't too much of an issue. And this is going to be a much more relaxed vacation with much less stress put on maximizing the amount of park time. But it just might have to wait until the next time we stay at AKL.

Weather_Lady

That's a great suggestion. I've never actually used either service in WDW (did a couple of times at DL though). Is there a particular location the service will meet us at SSR? Thanks again!

FWIW, at the "spread out resorts" with multiple buildings/areas (e.g., SSR, CBR), Uber/Lyft can pick you up right at your building (or rather, the closest bus depot or parking area). I usually send a quick text to the driver right after accepting the ride (while they're on their way to us) to let them know the building number or bus depot where we'll be waiting, but they can also find you via the app's GPS.

slappy magoo

Without knowing busy it might be, any chance you can shoot for a pre-park opening reservation at Tusker House that morning?

TBH I think Boma does a better breakfast but Tusker House is really good, too, and that gives you the benefit of actually being IN the park when your FPs are good to go.

Amos1784

Thanks for all the feedback. I'm going to have to have a chat with the wife to see how badly she really wants this. We are very early risers (I'm up at the gym for no later than 5:30am) so that part isn't too much of an issue. And this is going to be a much more relaxed vacation with much less stress put on maximizing the amount of park time. But it just might have to wait until the next time we stay at AKL.

I really don't think you have to worry too much on the time. It will take you around about 15 mins door to door with an Uber. There are ALWAYS Ubers available its not like you would have to wait for one and it will take you less time to do that then it would to take a bus to a park and have a meal. Boma breakfast is outstanding and I say do it for sure, its a great start to the day. If you get there just before your reservation, plan on an hour meal, your out by 8:30 and have plenty of time with a 9-10 window for your first FP. With that said if you are going to take an Uber just have them pick you up at the Hospitality House.

Tusker House as mentioned above would be another option but is a lot more money and Characters, which may be a plus for you but is a negative for our traveling party.

TrojanUSC

Boma for dinner is, in my opinion, the better option. Easily the best buffet on property. However, breakfast is still good as at least most of the items are made from scratch (too many of the other places feature frozen items, powdered eggs, etc). As others have said, Uber is super cheap and worth the risk. Not sure I'd opt the Minnievan route as it will be 2-3x the price for essentially the same service.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom