Getting the feeling EE will be the best Disney ride ever?

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
STR8FAN2005 said:
Well, your standards are too low then.

Sarcasm! :wave:

Seriously, though, my expectations are of a great immersion level, theming, etc., but not a thrill ride by coaster definitions. Definitely could make the Top 7 Things To Do At WDW 2006 list. :lol:

CoffeeJedi

from my own thoughts here:
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=60941

1) It's made of "Disney Rock". bare with me now, the last few new attractions we've gotten, Mission Space, Soarin', Philharmagic, have all been pretty great, but they're just big buildings. There's something inherently Magical and "Disney" about Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain, and countless other artificial rock structures around WDW. Other theme parks have fake rock, sure, but its never as good. They either go for too much realism, and the result is flat and uninteresting, and looks somehow more fake (Six Flags, parts of Universal (IoA isn't bad)), or they just don't care and the result is shoddy (any mini-golf course with a pirate theme). Disney always injects a very healthy dose of fantasy into their rock formations, they kind of tease you into thinking there's hidden trails and caves hiding in it (and often times there is!) and now we have a whole new mountain of it.

2) Its a train; an honest to goodness weather beaten, runs on steel wheels, pulled by an engine multi-car train. It's no secret that Walt loved trains. Most of the original Imagineers were railroad buffs. How many trains did Disneyland have when it opened? (Disneyland RR, Casey Jr, and the Mine Train through Nature's Wonderland (ok, so that last one was added the next year, but i'll still count it)) Disneyland was just a big model railroad that you could walk around on. This isn't a "rip-off" of Big Thunder, its just continuing the legacy already in place.

3) With trains comes dirt. Lots of beautifull wonderfull caked on grime and grit. Of course its just painted on artistically, but the weathering that the artists do on attractions like this really give them a sense of history and realism, while at the same time, giving them a timelessness and a feeling of being not quite set in a real place.This attraction is not set at the real Mt. Everest, it takes place in a Mt. Everest of our fantasy; much like Adventureland, its our perception of what it SHOULD be, rather than what it is.

4) Audio-Animatronics! I'm so glad we don't have actors popping up on screens (well, hopefully not anyway). A handfull of audio-animatronics goes a long way, and it's been confirmed that we'll at least see some AA vultures, and perhaps some mountain goats or other creatures. Imagine how much better Kali River Rapids would be with just ONE AA Tiger. And of course, the big guy himself. The Yeti is the first of the giant scale animatronics that we're getting here in the states, similiar to the lava monster in Journey to the Center of the Earth at DisneySea. (The carnotaurus doesn't have the smooth intricate movement that this creature does). So not only are we getting new Animatronics, we're getting a state of the art, cutting edge example.

Thrawn

Account Suspended
Coffee: Agreed with everything except #4. It has been confirmed that there is only a single AA on the ride.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
retroeric said:
I sure am. Better than Indy at DL even, which is generally considered the best overall Disney ride.

I cant believe that this has gone unscathed......

What, praytell, do you base this statement on?

NIU EE

DisneyMom63 said:
Don't get your hopes up too high. I remember all the hype surrounding The Mummy ride and all of the stuff that they promised. After riding it I was dissappointed. I'm sure it will be the same way for EE.

Thats exactly what I was thinking. Thankfully its just the fans and not Disney overhyping this one(like Universal did with Mummy).

PhilosophyMagic

We all know what the outside of the mountain looks like, and we all know that it's a roller coaster that goes backwards and forwards, and we all know that there's an impressive animatronic.

So we're all on the same page.

What will make or break the ride experience is how much OTHER themeing and effects are part of it. Indy, for example, as a HUGE amount of different effects and scenery. That's what makes it so extraordinary. I assume there will be interesting things in this ride, but I have no idea what. That's really all there is to wait for.

Thrawn

Account Suspended
KevinPage said:
That's what I said. Talk about redundant :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well you said
upping the ante for an outside roller coaster on Disney property

It isn't going to be more intense than California Screamin.

But the point is that anyone expecting the ride to be an "extreme" coaster is going to be disappointed.

Thrawn

Account Suspended
animal_king1990 said:
So the only AA would be the Yeit? Any none moving animals?

Correct. Just the Yeti. There is appearantly a couple other animals, but they aren't AAs. Goat and vultures.

Connor002

retroeric said:
I sure am. Better than Indy at DL even, which is generally considered the best overall Disney ride.

Funny, I've never heard anyone [honestly] say that it was the "best overall disney ride." I can sure think of a few rides that I'd consider better...

KumbaRider

This ride will be incredible and enjoyable as long as the expectations are not set too high. That was my problem riding the Hulk for the first time, I expected too much. Of course, each time after that first ride I have kept an open mind and it has gotten better with each ride. As long as you keep an open mind and don't expect too much the first time, then it will be well worth it.

Pongo

I think it will be awesome.

Just curious though: Every picture I've seen of Everest only shows two portions of outside track: the lift hill and the big drop. Is that ALL the outside track on the entire ride? Is the mountain really big enough to hold the whole thing?

CaptainMichael

Pongo said:
I think it will be awesome.

Just curious though: Every picture I've seen of Everest only shows two portions of outside track: the lift hill and the big drop. Is that ALL the outside track on the entire ride? Is the mountain really big enough to hold the whole thing?
There is some in the back if I am not mistaken.

disneylands

Account Suspended
wdwmagic said:
My feeling is it will be the most detailed and well themed area and attraction. However, I do expect some people to be dissapointed in the actual roller coaster ride. People expecting a Six Flags-type thrill, of 200ft drops, inversions, high speed launches, are not going to be satisfied with Everest as a pure coaster.

I agree, in fact I am afraid thats what will happen to me! but I like BTM so I know I wont hate EE.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom