getting married.

mousehockey37

BTW- to all of the EXTREMELY RUDE people on this forum, your comments are not very Disney like. I realize that you believe this is against the rules, but condemn someone for wanting something small and special? UNCALLED FOR! If you can afford it, that's great, but not everyone wants to shell out money. We all know just stepping foot on disney property takes a huge chuck of money. Getting married in a public area after already paying for rooms to stay there is not the same jumping to fence to get a free ticket. People come here looking for Advice not TROLLS

You must be new here....

BJones82

were doing both parks anyway....plus if universal is cool with it can drop it all over twitter....help those guys out.

I am guessing they wont be too keen with a wedding on their property that they weren't involved with the planning. Most private businesses don't allow that, I would say take an afternoon and go to a beach on the Golf or Atlantic Ocean to get married :) You will have that intimate romantic feeling without having to worry about drama at the wedding.

That being said Disney is a big place so could you get away with it... Yes, should you? Probably not... You said you wanted to be able to say you got married there? If that is most important but you can't afford it or don't want to and feel the risks are worth the reward then do what you want... Chances are you would regardless of if you got this forums approvals...

And people are being extremely rude here but at the same time... Disney says it is this much to get married on their property... It is "THEIR" property not public property so they have a right to say that. If someone doesn't like that it costs X amount to get married on privately owned land then they shouldn't... It doesn't matter if they think it is a dumb rule or not. Universal decides to let you do it as long as it doesn't impede flow, and that is their choice... I am happy to hear you and your Fiancée have had a long relationship and am in no way attacking that.

Disney just has the option to say this is how much it costs because people will pay it and if someone doesn't another person will. It is the way of supply and demand. And them not allowing everyone to come on property with 7 people to get married isn't crazy, think if 1000 couples did this a week; it would be a huge deal and would cause issues, everyone would be walking around seeing small intimate weddings everywhere. Just not what you come to Disney or Universal for...

I hope whatever you decide to do works out, just don't get mad at Disney or Universal for having rules... They are bigger than 1 guest and have to think about the properties as a whole. Like I said, 1 group of 7 with a small ceremony not a big deal, but 1000 of them is a big deal so they have to draw the line somewhere...

Last edited:

BJones82

Getting married in a public area after already paying for rooms to stay there is not the same jumping to fence to get a free ticket.

Agreed but nowhere "ON" Disney Property is "PUBLIC" it all is "PRIVATELY OWNED" and we all pay admission to go there and do what they allow us to do... He is not talking about going to a state park and getting married, he is talking about getting married at a Beach in the middle of a privately owned resort... Very Very different..

That being said it sounds like he has made his choice so we should all just congratulate him and wish him luck in his life and marriage :)

matt9112

Original Poster
who do people keep calling it a wedding.....a wedding is a service held for two people getting married

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom