Getting Lost At Disney

wedway71

Original Poster
Anyone ever get lost around any part of WDW and wonder into a backstage area?
About 8 years ago my wife and I were meeting some freinds at the Contemporary for dinner and we went into the main entrance to Magic Kingdom went on the road leading to the resort but wound up taking a little detour and decided to see where the road went too since we were early.We kept driving for about 20 minutes kinda in a circle it felt like and after a while we wound up near a bunch of Disney wharehouses and after that drove by a parking lot for cast members behind Frontierland-IT WAS SOOO KOOL-I was like a little kid freaking out!-
Has anyone else seen those wharehouses or backstage parking lots?

Tom

Beta Return
wedway71 said:
Anyone ever get lost around any part of WDW and wonder into a backstage area?
About 8 years ago my wife and I were meeting some freinds at the Contemporary for dinner and we went into the main entrance to Magic Kingdom went on the road leading to the resort but wound up taking a little detour and decided to see where the road went too since we were early.We kept driving for about 20 minutes kinda in a circle it felt like and after a while we wound up near a bunch of Disney wharehouses and after that drove by a parking lot for cast members behind Frontierland-IT WAS SOOO KOOL-I was like a little kid freaking out!-
Has anyone else seen those wharehouses or backstage parking lots?

If you take Backstage Magic or Keys to the Kingdom (both backstage tours) you will see these areas. You can also see them in satellite images on the web. There are several backstage photos of WDW on www.disneypix.com and you can find many at the http://community.webshots.com site.

Skippy

for myself and disney, i'm more likely to get lost in my own town... (which i have...but lets not go there). it's especially weird if we're with another group who's only been there a few times; before they can pull out their map to find a bathroom, i'm pointing to it.

hopefully next time i go i can get on the keys to the kingdom tour.

Neptune

I actually, Also saw where the garbage goes. My family got lost, and we wound up there. Some Security guy started walking up to us but we drove away. Oops!

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
If you have any interest in what happens behind the scenes....take the Keys to the Kingdom tour....its well worth it, but, realize, its not for kids.....

I.M.Fearless

Not me, but my brother with a couple of his friends.... They were all biking around Fort Wilderness and found a trail through the woods. They followed it, but decided that they should turn around when they started seeing all these golf balls that people have lost at the neighboring golf club....

hcswingfield

Last May we were driving from AKL to POR and the road we needed was blocked off, and we ended up on the DETOUR FROM HELL. At one point we actually entered the Epcot parking lot, we got so lost. It took us over an hour to change resorts. :mad: :hammer: :dazzle:

crazydaveh

I used to take the back roads into the world and the first time had security following me with their lights on!

I didn't realize I had ventured into a cast member only area. They were polite and directed me back to the roads I was supposed to be on. It was dark so I didn't see much, but apparently I was right next to the monorail service building! If I only had known!

the-reason14

Just last week, on Sunday, when me and my dad were there, it was our check out day. We already checked out of Pop century, but decided to go to TL and BB, and wound up going there, and DTD and epcot. While we were trying to get to epcot from DTD, my dad missed a turn, and we wound up going to fort wilderness and right by the monorail tracks. I know its not really backstage, but it was a road we've never been on in all of our 16 years of going to WDW.

HinunterZuNich

the-reason14 said:
Just last week, on Sunday, when me and my dad were there, it was our check out day. We already checked out of Pop century, but decided to go to TL and BB, and wound up going there, and DTD and epcot. While we were trying to get to epcot from DTD, my dad missed a turn, and we wound up going to fort wilderness and right by the monorail tracks. I know its not really backstage, but it was a road we've never been on in all of our 16 years of going to WDW.

That's the route that OKW/POR/POFQ hotels use to get to the Magic Kingdom! Also if you make a right and head the opposite direction on that road (away from Fort Wilderness).... it leads to the road that Downtown Disney is on I believe! Nice and peaceful and definetly has the "out in nowhere" feel!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom