Getting close... DL and D23 Expo two-week trip!

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
Original Poster
In the Parks
No
On Saturday my son and I will be heading south and west for a lengthy stay in Anaheim! The plan is to stay at the Best Western Anaheim Inn from Saturday to Thursday, the Hilton Thursday to Monday and then back to the Anaheim Inn until we leave on the 23rd.

The main reason for the trip is the D23 Expo, for which I managed to get two Sorcerer Passes! We're really looking forward to the Expo. We went two years ago and had a great time, so I expect this trip to be even better thanks to the perks that go with the passes.

We both have Premier Passes, so DL is going to be our soul focus beyond the Expo. We've done the same period before and certainly never got bored. We can ride, eat and just people-watch to entertain ourselves, no problem.

HHhhhhmmmmm... I suppose I should pack soon... :cautious:

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
Original Poster
In the Parks
No
There may be a lot of beautiful shade and air conditioning enjoyed as well... Highs up to 99F in the forecast! :eek:

Figments Friend

'It's a different kind of heat.....'
;)

Monty, hope you have a swell time.
I'm coming to Anaheim too in a few days...also to attend the D23 Expo.
Looking forward to it....and seeing all the new additions to the Parks since April.

-

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
Original Poster
In the Parks
No
'It's a different kind of heat.....'
;)

Monty, hope you have a swell time.
I'm coming to Anaheim too in a few days...also to attend the D23 Expo.
Looking forward to it....and seeing all the new additions to the Parks since April.

-
If you see us, say "Hi!"

2015-06-20 15.34.38.jpg
2015-06-20 15.34.21.jpg

Figments Friend

Nice!
Will do if i see you around.
Here's a photo of yours truly, wearing one of my shirts that i will likely be wearing to the Expo.....

So Monty, what are you most looking forward to at the Expo...?
Certain panels...a particular display....etc.

How about the Parks?
Is there something you are really looking forward to experiencing this time around...?

-

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Nice!
Will do if i see you around.
Here's a photo of yours truly, wearing one of my shirts that i will likely be wearing to the Expo.....

So Monty, what are you most looking forward to at the Expo...?
Certain panels...a particular display....etc.

How about the Parks?
Is there something you are really looking forward to experiencing this time around...?

-
I'm looking forward to the Legends Awards, Pixar, imagineering 60 years of Disneyland, new Disney Storytellers, Parks & resorts, Disney Kingdoms and Celebrating Mickey Mouse club. There's also a Sorcerers' exclusive Walking with Giants presentation.

Then just walking the floor and taking it all in.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
Original Poster
In the Parks
No
I am soon jealous of your Sorcerer's Passes! I will be the one in all of the long lines. :( Enjoy your time at the Expo and at DL.
It wasn't easy getting two. Their system made you answer a questionnaire, then you had to fill in a bunch of personal info for the first ticket. By the time I was done they were sold out. I had to waitlist my son for the second ticket. Never been more frustrated! After a few weeks, his waitlist passed and I got the second ticket. Not sure how I would have handled only getting one.

The system should have let me choose two tickets, then fill in the personal info. I hope Disney fixes that.

Figments Friend

It wasn't easy getting two. Their system made you answer a questionnaire, then you had to fill in a bunch of personal info for the first ticket. By the time I was done they were sold out. I had to waitlist my son for the second ticket. Never been more frustrated! After a few weeks, his waitlist passed and I got the second ticket. Not sure how I would have handled only getting one.

The system should have let me choose two tickets, then fill in the personal info. I hope Disney fixes that.

That 'questionnaire' was a real pain in the....well, you know where.
I had a very un-Magical time trying to buy just one Member ticket a couple of months ago.
Everytime i tried to move on to the page to pay for my purchase, i kept being told that i had not completed all the questions, or my question answers were not correct.
Everything WAS correct...and i kept going round' n' round' in circles.
Incredibly frustrating and a really lousy way to be 'introduced' to my 1st Expo.

I sent two emails out asking for help resolving the issue and after two days i finally heard from someone who works for the company who runs the Event for Disney.
Turned out it was a glitch in the system that would not let me move forward...so as soon as it was corrected i was immediately able to finally purchase my sole ticket.
A couple of hours later a representative from D23 itself contacted me, kindly insisting we chat on the phone about the issues i was having trying to purchase a ticket online.
She was very nice, and i was glad to hear from her, but by that time the issue had already resolved.

Ay yi yi.....it was crazy.

Might be a silver lining however....
When i received my ticket a few weeks ago it was labeled 'Gold/Silver Member'....of which i am neither!
I'm a 'free' Member.

-

Burgower1994

I am so excited that I am going to my first D23 expo!! I also will be at Disneyland on Wednesday and Thursday. This will be my first time going to Disneyland by myself but can't wait!

I am excited to see both movie panels, the parks presentation (hoping for a HUGE announcement), Imagineering 60 years of Disneyland panel and Celebrating the Mickey mouse clubhouse -60 magical years.

If you see somebody with an Houston Astros hat please say hi!!

Hope to see y'all around!!

Last edited:

Magenta Panther

On Saturday my son and I will be heading south and west for a lengthy stay in Anaheim! The plan is to stay at the Best Western Anaheim Inn from Saturday to Thursday, the Hilton Thursday to Monday and then back to the Anaheim Inn until we leave on the 23rd.

The main reason for the trip is the D23 Expo, for which I managed to get two Sorcerer Passes! We're really looking forward to the Expo. We went two years ago and had a great time, so I expect this trip to be even better thanks to the perks that go with the passes.

We both have Premier Passes, so DL is going to be our soul focus beyond the Expo. We've done the same period before and certainly never got bored. We can ride, eat and just people-watch to entertain ourselves, no problem.

HHhhhhmmmmm... I suppose I should pack soon... :cautious:

Sounds awesome! Have a great time!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom