Getting close 26 days! First day plan...

RickP330

Hello all,
What do you think about our first day. We arrive in Orlando at 10:25, pick up rental car and drive to AKL. I thought we would take the first day to enjoy the resort and pool perhaps.

We made reservations for Citricos at 5:30 for dinner. From there I thought we would hop on the monorail and head to the MK. We have 9:05 reservations for the Fireworks desert party - However MSEP is high on the list of priorities! We never did the FDP before so I don't know how this works. We plan to watch the 9pm MSEP from the Tomorrow land side and then right after it is done (say 9:30?) head over to the Tomorrowland Terrace for the FDP.

So now to also try out my fastpass+ selections I also got the following:
Pirates of the Caribbean 5-6
Under the Sea 6:25-7:25
Space Mountain 8:05 to 9:05
Buzz 9:30 to 10:30

Pirates is obviously going to have to be cancelled - but what do you think? Seems a little to ambitious?!?! This is day one!!!
RP

SMS55

The parades don't run through tomorrowland. They begin on Mainstreet near the park entrance. They go up Mainstreet around the right side of the central hub and go through Liberty Square, then Frontieland and finish next to Splash Mountain. If there's a second parade they do the same route in reverse.

Upvote 0

RickP330

Original Poster
Ah, yes I got that! I meant to say that we will watch the parade on main street, but on the tomorrowland side of the street as you cannot cross for some time during and after the parade! Thanks for the input thought!
RP

Upvote 0

PrincessMia

Yes, ambitious but it sounds like a lot of fun! As they say, you can sleep at home, right? It's so hard for us not to head into a park on our first day. I always start the planning by saying we'll hit DTD and the pool the first day so we can ease into the trip. By the time I'm making dining reservations, that goes out the window. We've modified our travel plans this year such that we'll get to Pop around 11am. I now have plans to go to the MK after lunch and then dinner at Ohana (our first time there).

Upvote 0

RickP330

Original Poster
If I could just find a way to get my DD to take an hour nap in the middle of the day I think everyone's life would be much happier! But there is no way, she is a machine and will run wide open until she melts down. Any tips on how to prevent this?
RP

Upvote 0

littleroo

If I could just find a way to get my DD to take an hour nap in the middle of the day I think everyone's life would be much happier! But there is no way, she is a machine and will run wide open until she melts down. Any tips on how to prevent this?
RP

My 8 year old is like this, too. Around 2:30 every afternoon, we force an hour of quiet time. MY youngest sleeps (me too:D) and I put the Disney Channel on and put him in silent mode. He rarely sleeps but we avoid the melt downs this way.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom