Getting a package sent to the hotel

MagicMegan

Original Poster
I want to order a few things like soda, bottled water and snacks and have them sent to the hotel so I can get them when I get there. I'm trying to decide between Garden Grocers, Amazon Prime Pantry, and taking an Uber to the store. I have a free ride from Uber so it might be worth it since I would only be paying one way. Does anyone know if the Prime Pantry boxes get charged the holding fee? And if so, it's $5, right? Thanks!!

(If this is in the wrong place I apologize!)

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Yes any Amazon Prime packages bring its shipped to them is charged a $5 per box fee. So if Amazon shops in more than one box which can happen your charged for each one. The packages are now held at a central location not at your resort so as to why they charge now. They were getting so many it was too much for each resort to hold.
Garden Grocer you are not charged being it's not packages. Also Amazon Now the one that delivers within a few hours you are not charged either.
Our fave is Garden Grocer and use them every single trip for water and a few other items.They are wonderful. :)

MagicMegan

Original Poster
Yes any Amazon Prime packages bring its shipped to them is charged a $5 per box fee. So if Amazon shops in more than one box which can happen your charged for each one. The packages are now held at a central location not at your resort so as to why they charge now. They were getting so many it was too much for each resort to hold.
Garden Grocer you are not charged being it's not packages. Also Amazon Now the one that delivers within a few hours you are not charged either.
Our fave is Garden Grocer and use them every single trip for water and a few other items.They are wonderful. :)
I've read great things about GG, but seeing as its just me for a 4 night trip I won't need $40 worth of stuff. Can I order from Amazon now when I get there? Not sure cause my city doesn't have amazon now.

correcaminos

Prime Now can be set up with 32830 no problem. We use it often in my home city too but have looked at it for Disney trips too. You usually get $10 off first purchase.

Publix now is with Instacart and you get free first delivery so that might be an option to look into as well.

Larrykay

Hi. Just where is the central location that Amazon Pantry delivers to?

correcaminos

Amazon Pantry would be mailed like a regular package to your room.

Prime Now will be hand delivered in a bag by a delivery person. You can specify where they go (you can meet them in the lobby) and track the delivery location on the web.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Isn't Amazon Pantry different than Prime, in that you fill up one box only and each time you add to it, you're told how much space you have left in the box? At least that's the way it worked the last time I used Pantry to ship items to DLR.

I know WDW has changed how it handles packages shipped to resort guests. So in addition to the package(s) being delivered to a central location, WDW now charges guests a fee? I'm a tad confused....

correcaminos

Isn't Amazon Pantry different than Prime, in that you fill up one box only and each time you add to it, you're told how much space you have left in the box? At least that's the way it worked the last time I used Pantry to ship items to DLR.

I know WDW has changed how it handles packages shipped to resort guests. So in addition to the package(s) being delivered to a central location, WDW now charges guests a fee? I'm a tad confused....
Yes it is different than regular Amazon or even Prime Now.

Disney charges $5 per package as a handling fee. https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/mail-services/

sxeensweet

It's where all packages for guests are delivered/kept. The don't disclose where exactly. They are just routed to this central location if a package comes in addressed to a guest at a resort. There was way too many shipped packages to sit at each resort so they had to not keep them at each individual resort now. ;)

sxeensweet

Yes prime pantry is supposed to be in one box but can end up in separate boxes it does happen. But however many boxes whether one or more its $5 per box shipped In for you from anywhere whether Prime Pantry , Walmart , target, from home, etc. So if you have one package/box you pay $5 of 2-$10 and so on. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom