Get "the fever" before you go

cathyy

WOW!! I thought I was going crazy because thats all I think about on a daily basis anymore, and our trip isn't until April 19!!
This is the first time that I have been to any park besides MK. And also the first time for both my girls, 6 and 3, as well as my husband!!! I'm so excited to see the other parks and then also to see their faces when they see the castle!!
I've even been thinking about starting to pack ( I have some lists already made) but the weather will be different than what we have right now, and they also might be in a larger size of clothes! LOL

foreverbelle

I seem to get the fever the minute I land back to reality and start thinking of the next trip. Of course it seems to grow as it gets closer. And of course by the time I am single digit I can't seem to think of anything else.

We are now 24 days away until arrival and I can't seem to get mind off the trip.

I'm leaving in two days, and as I laid down to sleep tonight it hit me that I'd be there soon - this is why I'm on the boards at 2am :ROFLOL: and I know I won't be sleeping tomorrow!

Mikester71

i have the disney fever sooo bad! my trip is currently 27 days away and it is so hard for me to think about anything else. i review my trip itinerary daily to make sure i haven't forgotten anything! i also plan on watching a bunch of my favorite disney movies right before i leave to really get me in the disney mood!

I've been counting down since 722 days, so I know how you feel!!!!!

MillerPoppins

I have had the fever since Summer of '09 officially when I thought the BF and I were going to WDW in January. I think I permanently have it now though as I am on here daily even though our trip is 170 days away!

What I am doing since this is my BF's first trip ever is something he calls "Disnukah". Every month leading out to our trip, I have given him a gift from the parks. Sometimes its a pin, sometimes its something else little, but they are all items that are only found at the parks and not at just the Disney Store at the mall. Now, I have to confess as I have some help with this. One of my best girlfriends is a CM and is shipping me up a few things. But so far he has gotten two Pooh pins (he loves Pooh) and the Disney Coffee they sell in the parks. He gets very excited for his gift every month and never knows when it's coming because I spread it out differently every time.

yensid67

Suffering the LONGEST Fever in Medical History!

I definitely have a FEVER! The Disney Fever infected my entire body back in 1999, the doctors said there was no remedy or cure for it! I have been suffering with this Disney Fever for the past 10 years! I plan a trip, but only to have it be cancelled for some reason or another...moreover because of money! The doctors say that I can live a long life with this fever, but by planning another trip for December 2011 will most likely cure me of the most severe side effects, but not totally and advised me to plan another trip in 2013! I hope they are right because I am driving myself crazy making my travel plans and then cancelling them!:ROFLOL:

glee

I constantly have Disney fever too! :ROFLOL:My friends think I'm a dork and many of them don't understand. My DH has caught on finally though and it is so much fun doing it together! I keep a countdown current in my weekly planner (85 days til my birthday trip in April-yay!), I watch the planning dvds and listen to park music throughout the day on some days.

I also love planning our trip. I get on Word, and analyze every day we'll be there, each parks' hours, parades, fireworks, EMH, etc, and then highlight the best park for each day.

I also make a special list of new things we've never seen that we will do, that is exciting. Before our next trip we're buying the family members w/Mickey ears window clings for our car, and among other things, this trip includes visiting the water parks for the first time! I'm excited!

I do crap like that! haha. :) My friends think im a dork too! Ohh well. They have never been so what do they know!:sohappy:

Camelot

My Disney fever has become tradition now with my friends and I. The month or so before a trip to Disney, I will send my traveling companions weekly, then daily "countdown to Disney" emails with a bit of Disney history information for that day in each email. They get a kick out of it, and so do I.

ddbowdoin

my girlfriend brought it back out of me, and she's not even big into disney... we just planned a trip and bang it all came rushing back to me. I joined the site as soon as I got back from my trip this past may... it was torture before we left. I'll admit I got a little teary during the last night watching fireworks at MK. Well, I'm not letting the fire die now. The last time I had been was April of 1999... so a serious gap between then and May 2010. I'm 25 and this trip was my first one as an "adult"... I controlled my entire trip, no need to worry about family or parents and it was amazing.

Xethis

If it weren't for being able to post here amongst my own kind I think my wife would beat me. She's already banned me from telling her every morning how many days. (She's excited, but says my countdowns make the time go by even slower)

My family & co-workers think its funny I can always tell them how many days right off the top of my head. (55 today)

Guess I have "perm-a-fever".

Tomi-Rocket

never lose it....

I never lose "the fever"! When one vacation ends I'm already thinking about our next one and I spend the time in between constantly looking things up, signing up for WDWmagic, making specific plans for our next trip, etc., etc., LOL. We're going next year and I actually have to keep myself from doing too much or I won't have anything to do when the time comes to actually make our reservations. It's definitely one of my favorite places on Earth to go. So, in the end I live with "the fever"! :animwink:

Fashionista007

My family & co-workers think its funny I can always tell them how many days right off the top of my head. (55 today)

You are not alone :) I've been counting down to my trip since January! 74 days today :ROFLOL: I'm pretty sure my co-workers think I'm nuts. :hammer:

Bri1121

This is an old thread! But I have the fever!!!!

We are about 3 months out and it seems forever! The last time we went I planned it literally 3 weeks before we left. So it was awesome. 3 months seems way too long but it is all I can think about!

We are not telling the kids so it is hard to talk about it! We are driving this time- unless the plane tickets drop dramatically before we leave- so we are just telling them we are going on a road trip! But I think I am going to buy them some mickey ears or something to have them as we drive into the World!! My family- my mom, uncle...and cousins will be there too so that is just an added bonus for them.

Can't wait!!!

PurpleRose

19 days and I feel like I'm going crazy. I want to pack now. I want to do the online check in for my flight now. The fever is burning!

bmarkelon

I have a fever! And the only cure is more Disney!!
I always have the Disney fever as well! Exactly why I spend so much time on these boards, can always get some relief here!! :wave:

Disney61

I am so fortunate to have a wife and son that are as big of Disney fans as I am! It makes it so much easier when everybody in the family has the fever!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom