Get in contact with a CM?

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
befriending one would help.. next time you're at the parks, socialize w/ one (be careful though, they may think you're some sicko) or at your local TDS.

mightyduck

Originally posted by TyphoonLagoon
Does anyone know if there is a way to get in contact with a cast member?

Were you looking for a specific person or any random Cast Member?

Just curious, 'cause there are some random cast members milling about here...

Maria

what do you mean by that? any cast member? I would send the letter fro the CM to Guest Relations stating the name and work location of the CM. The letter will get to GR, and will take some time to reach the CM, but it will.
That is of course, if you are not a friend of the CM and he/she hasn´t given you their address. To be honest with you, I didn´t give out my address that easily when I worked there... depending on the person, I would give the international office´s address inside of Epcot, so I could get mail there. My personal phone number? almost never! As someone else said...you never know... you just have to be cautious.

DisJosh

Check out this site http://members.aol.com/disneycp2000/disney.htm the guy who made the site was a CM, he worked there as part of the WDW college program. I e-mailed him a couple times......he'll answer any questions....although he may take a while to reply.

Also check this site out, http://www.geocities.com/travisimo103/disney.htm this guy is participating in the WDWCP right now as we speak. He has a diary on his site that he periodically updates and you can add comments to the diary or e-mail him. On his site you can find links to sites of other ppl that are participating in the program right now too.

mkt

Premium Member
send any questions my way too.. I have access to the Disney Corporate Employee Locator

MickeyMoose15

Account Suspended
Me and my friends who also head to Walt Disney World talk to some cast members. Sometimes when you befriend one, the next year you mention your name to that cast member, he may get you the front of the line but that is what my friend said.

TyphoonLagoon

Original Poster
Thanks for the info...

my situation is a little "cheezy", but what the heck... I was in Disney last week (just got back yesterday), and spent quite a bit of time at one bar down there... I ended up talking to a girl who was bartending there 3 nights in a row, and we seemed to hit it off.... so I figured on the third night at the bar, I'd give her my business card and see if maybe we could email each other or something... the problem was, as I was talking to her, the bouncers were clearing out the bar, and asked me to leave as well (I was the only one left actually inside the bar), so I didn't want to hand her my card in front of like 7 other people... as I was leaving she told me that we was going to house of blues the following night and that I should go, so I went there the following night hoping to run into her, but never did...

I pretty much just wanted to say thanks to her for talking to me those three nights, since I went out by myself cause I was down with the family and had no one to go out with... she was just really cool...

mightyduck

Originally posted by TyphoonLagoon
Thanks for the info...

my situation is a little "cheezy", but what the heck... I was in Disney last week (just got back yesterday), and spent quite a bit of time at one bar down there... I ended up talking to a girl who was bartending there 3 nights in a row, and we seemed to hit it off.... so I figured on the third night at the bar, I'd give her my business card and see if maybe we could email each other or something... the problem was, as I was talking to her, the bouncers were clearing out the bar, and asked me to leave as well (I was the only one left actually inside the bar), so I didn't want to hand her my card in front of like 7 other people... as I was leaving she told me that we was going to house of blues the following night and that I should go, so I went there the following night hoping to run into her, but never did...

I pretty much just wanted to say thanks to her for talking to me those three nights, since I went out by myself cause I was down with the family and had no one to go out with... she was just really cool...

If you know her name, I would go for it... ;)

Tink

Along different lines...but similar...

My little brother, Stephen, decided after watching many times one of the jugglers (I don't want to mention his name in case he'd get in trouble...) at the Hunchback show that he wanted to become a juggler too. About six months later, my little brother is juggling all kinds of stuff and doing really well with it. He wanted to let the CM know that he had inspired him to take up juggling, etc. so he sent an email to the company and they, in turn, eventually got the email to the juggler. When Steve went down to WDW a couple of weeks later, he mentioned to one of the CMs that seat people that he wished he could thank Matt. The CM went backstage and the juggler came out and talked to Steve for a few minutes and then told Steve to hang out after the show. He did and the juggler showed him some juggling tricks and encouraged him to stick with it. It was REALLLLY nice of this guy. They're kinda juggling friends now and whenever we go to the Hunchback show, the juggler has to show off for my brother. Steve's been going to the International Juggling Association (IJA)conventions for two years running now. He competed this year at the IJA competition in July and took home one gold medal, in part because of the encouragement of a CM.:)

mightyduck

Originally posted by Tink

My little brother, Stephen, decided after watching many times one of the jugglers (I don't want to mention his name in case he'd get in trouble...) at the Hunchback show that he wanted to become a juggler too. About six months later, my little brother is juggling all kinds of stuff and doing really well with it. He wanted to let the CM know that he had inspired him to take up juggling, etc. so he sent an email to the company and they, in turn, eventually got the email to the juggler. When Steve went down to WDW a couple of weeks later, he mentioned to one of the CMs that seat people that he wished he could thank Matt. The CM went backstage and the juggler came out and talked to Steve for a few minutes and then told Steve to hang out after the show. He did and the juggler showed him some juggling tricks and encouraged him to stick with it. It was REALLLLY nice of this guy. They're kinda juggling friends now and whenever we go to the Hunchback show, the juggler has to show off for my brother. Steve's been going to the International Juggling Association (IJA)conventions for two years running now. He competed this year at the IJA competition in July and took home one gold medal, in part because of the encouragement of a CM.:)

Wow, Tink. That's amazing! You should write a letter to WDW and tell them....CMs around here might know better, but most companies at least put those letters in employee files. Six Flags rewards employees for them. :)

mkt

Premium Member
Originally posted by mightyduck

Wow, Tink. That's amazing! You should write a letter to WDW and tell them....CMs around here might know better, but most companies at least put those letters in employee files. Six Flags rewards employees for them. :)

Disney does too....

MrPromey

My little brother, Stephen, decided after watching many times one of the jugglers (I don't want to mention his name in case he'd get in trouble...) at the Hunchback show that he wanted to become a juggler too....
When Steve went down to WDW a couple of weeks later, he mentioned to one of the CMs that seat people that he wished he could thank Matt...

Tink, honey, darling, dearest, I have seen that show many times over the years and have only ever seen one juggler there. Also, further down, in your post you do say his name ;)

Nice try though :)

Tink

Originally posted by MrPromey

Tink, honey, darling, dearest, I have seen that show many times over the years and have only ever seen one juggler there. Also, further down, in your post you do say his name ;)

Nice try though :)

:eek: Oops! Another blonde moment...

There is another juggler there or there used to be. His name is Randy - my brother knows him too. That's why I thought I could be clever and not name names...see what happens when my posts get too long? I am so ashamed.:(

MrPromey

:eek: Oops! Another blonde moment...

There is another juggler there or there used to be. His name is Randy - my brother knows him too. That's why I thought I could be clever and not name names...see what happens when my posts get too long? I am so ashamed.:(

Well, I think his job is still safe. If not though, we now know who to blame, don't we? :)

Tink

Originally posted by MrPromey

Tink, do you ever check 0ut ChitChat? There is a thread there with your name on it... :)

Sorry! I start at the top of the Forum and work my way down so it usually takes me at least until my 3 p.m. staff meeting to get that far.:p

Bombsquad

Cast Members

Hi All, just out of interest, i've only just found this site, but if anyones interested, i've been a cast member for 3 years now, in both the Orlando Park and the one in Burbank. Any questions you might have, throw them this way, and i'll see if i can help.

Bomb:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom