George the Ghost and others

AliceFanJenn

Original Poster
I am researching the story behind George the Ghost at POC.

I am looking for Cast member experiences that would be included in a blog post in October and possible interview in person when I visit the parks first week of october.

i have a general idea of the story but would love to hear some actual accounts.

I also am looking for information about possible ghost sightings on Spaceship Earth. I have found very little information except - a little blond girl and a boy. no back story at all.

If anyone has some info, I would greatly appreciate it and give you proper acknowledgement in my posts!

THANKS!

NiarrNDisney

I have heard about George but the children on SSE is new to me.
I have researched the supposed female ghost of a female CM in the old America sings (now Innoventions) in DLR, though I have found the info to be quite sad and tragic. Needless to say I have not gone any further with my search of a ghost do to the nature of her passing, it just seems better not to discuss such a story with her loved ones potentially still around.
I would love to here your findings on George and SSE so please keep us updated!

PineapplePrincess

I believe George was active on the night of this past August 20. I had just been telling my family the story of George before we got in line. The ride went down once while we were in line, and again just before we got to Jack Sparrow in the treasure room. We sat there for a good 25 minutes! DD decided that the cast members must not have greeted him that morning.

AswaySuller

Sorry this is going slightly off topic.... but when I was at WDW in April my girlfriend and I were discussing "George"...

She started getting freaked out so I tried reassuring her and said "don't be stupid it's just a story.. watch..""George, if you're real make the ride break down""......

we were sat still for about 15 minutes towards the end of the ride.... needless to say I'm a born again georgian!

the-reason14

It's funny because I remember reading here that if you say, 'George isn't real' while riding Pirates that he'll get upset and cause the ride to breakdown. Well I remember saying this several times on several different visits and nothing happening. I think I even got my cousins to join in on the fun one time, and no breakdown.

mergatroid

It's funny because I remember reading here that if you say, 'George isn't real' while riding Pirates that he'll get upset and cause the ride to breakdown. Well I remember saying this several times on several different visits and nothing happening. I think I even got my cousins to join in on the fun one time, and no breakdown.

I've also done this and no breakdown :mad:

Bravo 229

I believe George was active on the night of this past August 20. I had just been telling my family the story of George before we got in line. The ride went down once while we were in line, and again just before we got to Jack Sparrow in the treasure room. We sat there for a good 25 minutes! DD decided that the cast members must not have greeted him that morning.

I was there that day and we were stuck in the armory in the queue for at least 15 minutes. Its funny, because my dad and I blamed the breakdown on George right after we heard the announcement!

The Spaceship Earth apparitions are new to me, but I'll have to keep an eye out for them today.

AswaySuller

I have heard about George but the children on SSE is new to me.
I have researched the supposed female ghost of a female CM in the old America sings (now Innoventions) in DLR, though I have found the info to be quite sad and tragic. Needless to say I have not gone any further with my search of a ghost do to the nature of her passing, it just seems better not to discuss such a story with her loved ones potentially still around.
I would love to here your findings on George and SSE so please keep us updated!

Are you talking about Debbi (Was it Stone?).... As tragic as any death is... particularly one not caused by stupidity... I think you've over dramatised it a little.

Jakester

It probably was just vanishing smoke i saw but, yesterday while walking infront of the mermaid show at DHS (it was after it had just poured), i randomly looked back and saw some misty (or smokey) thing just go up a bit and vanish..... It was strange as heck.

(Not trolling, either i saw something strange, or i saw smoke, or i my mind was just messing with me)

Disney_Belle

In January 2009 my aunt, cousins and I were waiting for Spectro to start, and a Cast Member who was helping with the crowds came up and starting talking to us. He told us about George (he worked in Adventureland and said he had experiences with George messing with the ride). He mention that "If you express that you really don't believe Geroge is real, he will show you by causing problems with the ride". Okay, cool story. Fast forward a few nights. We're on PotC and two of my cousins keep repeating "George isn't real, George isn't real" in a very neener neener neener kind of way (sorry, not sure else how to describe the tone they were using). The ride kept going and so did they. After a bit of this obnoxious chanting and my cousins' boyfriend had enough. He turned around and said very seriously"Would you guys stop it. It's annoying and it's not even a true story. It's stupid". Annnnd then the ride came to a halt. For almost 25 minutes our boat was still right as we entered into the burning city. Coincidence - probably. George? Who knows. But it makes for a cool story :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom