General political chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

aw14

Oh totally. Does each State have some sort of Education government leader? In Canada, each province is responsible for education, so one of our elected officials from the provincial government in power is named the Minister of Education.

They then collaborate with other provinces, the federal health, and provincial health teams to figure out methods and ways to get back to schools safely.
They do have a education “director” or secretary. Not sure if they really interact or how much with each other. That said, the governor is the overall authority. Sadly.

TP2000

I'm lost. What does any of this have to do with Anita Bryant?

That's a great question. I don't want to have to boycott orange juice again, but I'm happy to cancel my Netflix.

Apparently, if I'm following this correctly, if you are against 11 year old girls doing stripper routines and watching hard core **** on their iPhones, then you are part of the Moral Majority? Also, Anita Bryant.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lilofan

As much as I enjoyed seeing a little progress toward Middle East peace with the deals signed today, I'm not at all happy with the sale of F-35's to UAE. I'm somewhat okay with arms sales to allies, but they shouldn't be the most sophisticated weapons in our arsenal, IMO.
USA sale of F-35's to UAE surely makes our friends in Israel jumping for joy..

Lilofan

Looking at the map of Texas, Austin (which is where I think Laketravis lives) is in a dry area between two large shale plays. Not much drilling going on around Austin at all, although fracked wells do exist there sporadically.

Plenty of fracking going on throughout Texas though, home to about 30 Million people. What's the point again?

I will give this a big yawn until we stop our relationship from buying oil from our Saudi friends. The Yeti getting fixed at DAK/Everest is better odds.

BuddyThomas

I'm lost. What does any of this have to do with Anita Bryant?
I think it was perfectly clear. Based on all the pearl clutching and moralizing that has been going on in here for days and days by a bunch of right wingers who haven’t even seen the film and therefore have no idea what they are talking about, she’d fit right in.

BuddyThomas

That's a great question. I don't want to have to boycott orange juice again, but I'm happy to cancel my Netflix.

Apparently, if I'm following this correctly, if you are against 11 year old girls doing stripper routines and watching hard core **** on their iPhones, then you are part of the Moral Majority? Also, Anita Bryant.
I’ll alert my contacts at Netflix with whom I did the deal for The Boys in the Band that you will be cancelling your subscription over a film you never saw. I’m certain they will be devastated. 🙄

TP2000

I will give this a big yawn until we stop our relationship from buying oil from our Saudi friends. The Yeti getting fixed at DAK/Everest is better odds.

The Saudis aren't our friends, never have been. Britain is our friend. Canada is our friend. The Saudis? Nope.

But they are our business partners, and from about 1970 to 2010 we had no choice but to buy their oil and play nice in their region.

Now? Not so much, and with increased American fracking that declines even more in the years ahead. That's good news!

2001 = USA imported 1.8 Million Barrels Per Day of Saudi Oil
2008 = USA imported 1.5 Million Barrels Per Day of Saudi Oil
2017 = USA imported 1.3 Million Barrels Per Day of Saudi Oil
2019 = USA imported 700,000 Barrels Per Day of Saudi Oil
2020 = USA imported 400,000 Barrels Per Day of Saudi Oil

We need to keep that number going down, down, down every year. Keep fracking oil America!

TP2000

I’ll alert my contacts at Netflix with whom I did the deal for The Boys in the Band that you will be cancelling your subscription over a film you never saw. I’m certain they will be devastated. 🙄

I never saw that movie, but it kept coming up on my recommended list. Tell them that I thought their remake of Tales of the City was a valiant effort, but just seemed too cliche' with all the Millenialls flitting about and they made 21st century Maryann Singleton somehow unlikable for too much of it.

If you are cool with kiddy ****ography on your TV set, that's fine. Too each their own. But just like that Senator in the 70's who said he knew **** when he saw it, I know trash TV when I see it. Cuties is disgusting trash TV, regardless of any well-meaning message it attempted about the horrors of Muslim polygamy and the child sex trade.

Tony the Tigger

If the film "Cuties" was created to shed a light on the sexualization of young children and has the goal of reducing such sexualization by informing people of the issue...

What does that say about those who want the film pulled?
If the film “Cuties” addressed children dying of COVID-19, do you think the right would be as interested?

Laketravis

If the film "Cuties" was created to shed a light on the sexualization of young children and has the goal of reducing such sexualization by informing people of the issue...

What does that say about those who want the film pulled?

Ah! So THAT'S the strategy! Turn the conversation to personal attacks based on someone's opinion.

Tony the Tigger

Quinnmac000

For people complaining about political correctness and cancel culture, you guys sure are doing a lot about something you have the CHOICE not to watch. its not like Netflix is telling you to keep your account, you must watch this film.

Maybe if you did that same energy towards Mulan which was filmed where Chinese detained the Uighurs, human rights would actually be taken seriously.

Wendy Pleakley

Ah! So THAT'S the strategy! Turn the conversation to personal attacks based on someone's opinion.

Oh brother, that is so not a personal attack.

There are actual child beauty pageants. There are TV shows like "Toddlers & Tiaras" that are served up as pure entertainment.

Along comes a documentary opposed to this sort of thing and it's the target?

Some people have odd priorities about where to direct their outrage, but I suspect the attempts to implicate the Obama's in all of this are a good indication of why this film is being targeted.

draybook

For people complaining about political correctness and cancel culture, you guys sure are doing a lot about something you have the CHOICE not to watch. its not like Netflix is telling you to keep your account, you must watch this film.

Maybe if you did that same energy towards Mulan which was filmed where Chinese detained the Uighurs, human rights would actually be taken seriously.

Maybe you should pass on your concern about the Chinese to LeBron and the bubble ballers.

TINKWINGS

Premium Member
:oops::oops::oops: Right now my neighbors across the way are beginning to put up their massive Halloween goop.....it's rather like its how much more can we squeeze into our tiny yard, with additions each year...now I am seeing the NEW things up first and betting they will work the rest around it....fall begins in one week.....sigh.....🎃

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Top Bottom