General political chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willmark

Advertisement
This should be required viewing for this sub forum!

ImperfectPixie

When you're watching a live stream of your town's meeting and they're all doing it virtually...and one guy apparently didn't think lighting and clothing selection through well enough...

...because he ended up a bald head floating in a sea of blackness. 😂 😂 😂

Last edited:

aw14

I guess there is fraud regarding mail-in voting in every state except for Florida which just coincidentally is where Trump requested a ballot. Luckily Florida has never had any issues with voting before. :rolleyes:
That didn’t address anything I said- but thank you for moving the goal post 🙄 good deflection to the evil orange.

Fraud is likely in ANY state where there is mail in voting.

draybook

Having died for the Donald, Herman Cain continues to Tweet propaganda from beyond the grave for his Lord God and Holder of Souls, Donald Trump.

That was already posted and I posted the link showing that his family explained it all.

EricsBiscuit

There are many legitimate reasons to criticise her, but this is not one of them.
Kamala is a joke. She is a total phony. The media claims she’s African American when in reality she’s descended from people who enslaved African Americans! If her heritage doesn’t matter, then the whole BLM narrative is toast. She has had every stance possible on every issue. She has flip flopped more than Charlie Crist! She brings nothing to the table. She’s from CA (alr blue state) and has even less support amongst African Americans than Joe Biden. She has criticized Biden implying he’s both a racist and a rapist. The only thing they have in common are creating and enforcing laws that disproportionately hurt the very people they claim to champion: minorities! Trump will win in a landslide.

EricsBiscuit

It’s funny how much the KKK and the BLM organization have in common. Everything from opposing interracial dating to supporting segregation. It’s sad if you think race defines who you are.

The Mom

Premium Member
I have the opposite view of USPS. I've gotten to to know the mail carriers and the supervisors. We even give them Christmas presents. Mail in voting or any mail in general keeps them employed and they need jobs like everyone else. When you develop relationships with them they look out for you. Everyone has their take on many things.

I also have a wonderful relationship with my actual carrier, and give him (I've had males the whole time I've lived here - 35+ years) presents, It's what happens before and after between my house and the actual post office that bothers me. I have had a package sitting in the main PO for a week , according to tracking.

The Mom

Premium Member
Indian food is delicious. So much flavor and I don’t feel like a slob after finishing my food. I hope the man’s son enjoyed the food.

My son (adult now) loves curried chicken, and brought some to work for lunch (it's one of the few dishes he can make - he even went out and bought a rice cooker) - in Wichita. Most of his co-workers had never heard of it!

However, an Indian restaurant opened recently, and he has food delivered at least weekly. He's loving it.

The Mom

Premium Member
That Pence refers to his wife as "Mother" will ALWAYS creep me out. If my husband ever called me that, he'd be sleeping on the couch.

It may be a generational/regional/culture thing. My father always called/referred to my mother as Mother. I'm not sure that I ever heard him call her by her given name - but that was just within the family. I would hope that he at least referred to her as "the wife" when he was with other adults. But hopefully with her name.

My husband and I always called each other by our names, even in front of our children. My SIL & BIL allow their daughter to call them by their first names - now that creeps me out!

ImperfectPixie

It may be a generational/regional/culture thing. My father always called/referred to my mother as Mother. I'm not sure that I ever heard him call her by her given name - but that was just within the family. I would hope that he at least referred to her as "the wife" when he was with other adults. But hopefully with her name.

My husband and I always called each other by our names, even in front of our children. My SIL & BIL allow their daughter to call them by their first names - now that creeps me out!
That would creep me out, too! We either use first names or "hun" "love", etc. My grandfather referred to my grandmother as "mother" when talking about her among family, but never in public or when speaking directly to her. If memory serves, he was born in 1906.

LittleBuford

Kamala is a joke. She is a total phony. The media claims she’s African American when in reality she’s descended from people who enslaved African Americans! If her heritage doesn’t matter, then the whole BLM narrative is toast. She has had every stance possible on every issue. She has flip flopped more than Charlie Crist! She brings nothing to the table. She’s from CA (alr blue state) and has even less support amongst African Americans than Joe Biden. She has criticized Biden implying he’s both a racist and a rapist. The only thing they have in common are creating and enforcing laws that disproportionately hurt the very people they claim to champion: minorities! Trump will win in a landslide.

Her father is Afro-Caribbean, specifically Jamaican, and therefore the descendant of slaves. He himself claims the slaveholder Hamilton Brown as one of his ancestors, so that's hardly a scandal. I don't think it's at all unusual for descendants of enslaved Africans to have a white slaveholder among their forefathers.

Chi84

Premium Member
My son (adult now) loves curried chicken, and brought some to work for lunch (it's one of the few dishes he can make - he even went out and bought a rice cooker) - in Wichita. Most of his co-workers had never heard of it!

However, an Indian restaurant opened recently, and he has food delivered at least weekly. He's loving it.
I could never get an authentic lamb vindaloo at my nearby Indian restaurant. I think they took one look at me and decided I wouldn’t be able to handle the spice level. So we get it delivered . . .

Quinnmac000

Her father is Afro-Caribbean, specifically Jamaican, and therefore the descendant of slaves. He himself claims the slaveholder Hamilton Brown as one of his ancestors, so that's hardly a scandal. I don't think it's at all unusual for descendants of enslaved Africans to have a white slaveholder among their forefathers.

cough cough Thomas Jefferson’s descendants.

Timmay

As a Brit, I find the politicisation of USPS extremely difficult to understand. Are there any countries other than the US in which the existence of a national mail service is a source of controversy and ideological disagreement? (This is a genuine question.)
I didn’t see any answers to this, so I’ll give it a stab.

I think it may go back to the early 70’s when it was determined the USPS should be making a profit, thus becoming a quasi/independent part of the government. But to be fair, I don’t think it was ever politicized as much as now, just due to the state of polarization. For me, it’s simply about dependability. I don’t think there has ever been a time I’ve mailed something important and not constantly wondered and checked to see if it arrived, based on past performance. It’s been hit or miss most of my life. Especially to the big guy in red up north. Those were some pretty tense Christmas days...last year being the worst.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom