General political chat

Timmay

Advertisement
My buddy a retired NYC officer once told me " We protect our own and we make sure we come up with the same story".
Then those are bad cops. I’ve got plenty of experience seeing good cops having no problem identifying bad cops and making sure they tell their story.

Club Cooloholic

HongKongFooy

Designating ANTIFA terrorist likely won't survive judicial challenge since the organization is domestically rooted......

so, it looks like Chief is just posturing over the extensive looting and destruction.

Furthermore, I wasn't sure about Pres. Trump's reelection chances until Floyd. He will lose. So most likely next Chief will dismantle what he is looking to do now.

Timmay

Very good to read that and I wish that were the overwhelming practice throughout the US, sadly too many exceptions.
You tend to see, unfortunately, divided groups among police departments and they tend to splinter off into good and bad. Good cops rarely want to work with bad cops, and you can smell them a mile away. Before bad things happen that can be reported, that good cop has usually transferred to another precinct or division or something, at their own request.

There is a sense of “brotherhood” of course...and I’ll admit if I saw a bad cop getting his butt handed to him I would be “sigh, fine...gotta help the idiot out of this one.”

Lilofan

You tend to see, unfortunately, divided groups among police departments and they tend to splinter off into good and bad. Good cops rarely want to work with bad cops, and you can smell them a mile away. Before bad things happen that can be reported, that good cop has usually transferred to another precinct or division or something, at their own request.

There is a sense of “brotherhood” of course...and I’ll admit if I saw a bad cop getting his butt handed to him I would be “sigh, fine...gotta help the idiot out of this one.”
I think the stress police officers deal with is not only with unruly residents but the politics of the workplace. Just like in a number of work places it's a number of times political on how you move up, get into the inner circle ( that could be good or bad ) and if one is not "part of the crowd" then the officer time in the job can be very stressful. Some are treated differently then others. I know in some places, if one is perceived as a troublemaker then the team can at times make the work experience extremely not enjoyable for the troublemaker.

Last edited:

hakunamatata

Wake me up when its over
Premium Member
I think the stress police officers deal with is not only with unruly residents but the politics of the workplace. Just like in a number of work places it's a number of times political on how you move up, get into the inner circle ( that could be good or bad ) and if one is not "part of the crowd" then the officer time in the job can be very stressful. Some are treated differently then others.
My next door neighbor is a sheriffs deputy. He commutes almost an hour away to work. His wife works for the local police department where we live. I have not had a chance to talk with him since all this started.

We are lucky that we live in an area that is outside the major metro portion of our community and our community is very diverse and our neighborhood for the most part is tight knit. We have white, asian, African American residents, and we all get along and help each other out when help is needed.

Lilofan

Are you thinking there's a very real chance of resignation Nixon style?
If Trump leaves he will make sure there will be a Trump fanfare farewell. If Pence steps in who is the complete opposite of Trump I can see him as the temporary healer in chief and the violent riots stopping.

Timmay

Not all black people are criminals
Not all white people are racist
Not all cops are bad
Not all protesters have ill intent
Not all conservatives are against gay marriage
Not all liberals are for abortion
Not all rich people fell into their money
Not all people in Kentucky run shine (I think)

Ignorance, evil, laziness, entitlement and overall dirt baggery come in all shapes, colors and sizes. Do something nice for a stranger today. Regardless of how you feel.

Lilofan

Not all black people are criminals
Not all white people are racist
Not all cops are bad
Not all protesters have ill intent
Not all conservatives are against gay marriage
Not all liberals are for abortion
Not all rich people fell into their money
Not all people in Kentucky run shine (I think)

Ignorance, evil, laziness, entitlement and overall dirt baggery come in all shapes, colors and sizes. Do something nice for a stranger today. Regardless of how you feel.
In GA and NC there a number of illegal moonshine backwoods locations abounds. On I-95 Southbound near Brunswick there are even makeshift signs nailed high on some trees that inform drivers which exit to take to purchase the homemade juice. Haven't visited but one needs to travel thru dirt roads.

Timmay

In GA and NC there a number of illegal moonshine backwoods locations abounds. On I-95 Southbound near Brunswick there are even makeshift signs nailed high on some trees that inform drivers which exit to take to purchase the homemade juice. Haven't visited but one needs to travel thru dirt roads.
I may have had some experience in tasting some of that. 100% certified dragster fuel.

Top Bottom