Oh yeah not surprised this protest got violent after this

https://www.reddit.com/r/PublicFreakout/comments/gug7i4

Willmark

This one seems odd, but from a link to this site in the comments:

aw14

This one seems odd, but from a link to this site in the comments:
That must be a lie. It’s the police 😉. Some people are just ridiculous in how they are framing this. There’s enough blame for everyone.

MinnieM123

The (majority) of daytime protests are peaceful. They want to share their grief, anger, and frustration, and hope to pursue reform. Nighttime is drawing a different crowd, many of whom want to fight, loot, and destroy.

Another disturbing issue is that some people are harrassing and attacking reporters (from multiple news outlets), working at the scene. CNN reported on this yesterday, during Brian Stelter's show.

Leland Vittert, a Fox News reporter, and his crew were targeted in an unprovoked attack last night, from a group outside the White House. They were assaulted, had things thrown at them, their camera stolen, and the crew fled for their lives. (link below)

Mr. Vittert shared (in a separate interview), he had initially asked people there for their views, but he said none were interested in being heard, so there was no unifying message. He said all they wanted to do was fight.

language

Last edited by a moderator:

Nubs70

He failed to comply with a lawful order. What's the problem?

Quinnmac000

He failed to comply with a lawful order. What's the problem?
Fueling the flames. He wasn’t the only one there yet they targeted him directly. They could have grabbed the white boy behind him who also was not obeying the lawful order or anyone else.

Flint had no violent protests because cops marched with the protestors. Actually every city so far at least that I have read where cops marched with the protestors avoided violent reactions and rioting.

Nubs70

Fueling the flames. He wasn’t the only one there yet they targeted him directly. They could have grabbed the white boy behind him who also was not obeying the lawful order or anyone else.

Flint had no violent protests because cops marched with the protestors. Actually every city so far at least that I have read where cops marched with the protestors avoided violent reactions and rioting.
Maybe the cop had already arrested an Asian and a Whitey.

Are we at the point we need to follow Politically Correct Racial Arrest Protocol?

Quinnmac000

Maybe the cop had already arrested an Asian and a Whitey.

Are we at the point we need to follow Politically Correct Racial Arrest Protocol?
perception equals reality. Right. It’s the reason why people dress up to job interviews, etc. because the perception equals reality.

What’s the perception that is trying to be countered? police bias and police brutality

does this help counter it? No because they target a sole man in the crowd who happened to be of color

will this help or fuel the situation?
It fuels the situation and “justifies” further protests which leads to more rioting.

they easily could have flipped the perception and this clip wouldn’t have any power but they didn’t think things through.

hakunamatata

Unapologetically Proud
Premium Member
perception equals reality. Right. It’s the reason why people dress up to job interviews, etc. because the perception equals reality.

What’s the perception that is trying to be countered? police bias and police brutality

does this help counter it? No because they target a sole man in the crowd who happened to be of color

will this help or fuel the situation?
It fuels the situation and “justifies” further protests which leads to more rioting.

they easily could have flipped the perception and this clip wouldn’t have any power but they didn’t think things through.
That article states they arrested 35. That video shows one arrest. Can you provide the remainder of the video of the other 34 arrests?

seascape

The (majority) of daytime protests are peaceful. They want to share their grief, anger, and frustration, and hope to pursue reform. Nighttime is drawing a different crowd, many of whom want to fight, loot, and destroy.

Another disturbing issue is that some people are harrassing and attacking reporters (from multiple news outlets), working at the scene. CNN reported on this yesterday, during Brian Stelter's show.

Leland Vittert, a Fox News reporter, and his crew were targeted in an unprovoked attack last night, from a group outside the White House. They were assaulted, had things thrown at them, their camera stolen, and the crew fled for their lives. (link below)

Mr. Vittert shared (in a separate interview), he had initially asked people there for their views, but he said none were interested in being heard, so there was no unifying message. He said all they wanted to do was fight.

That is what I said yesterday. There are two separate issues. The peaceful protests must be supported. The people are properly exercising their Constitutional Rights to petition the government. On the otherhand the riots and looting has nothing to do with that and are hurting the rightful cause of the daytime protests. The rioting and looting is playing right into the hands of racists and those who don't realize this and defend the looting and rioting because they support the peaceful protests. This is not and must not happen. We need police reform and the requirement that police live in the neighborhood they police. We need economic reform, one that encourages work not by minimum wages increases but by government subsidizing people who work full time. Anyone who works 30 hours of more a week should end the week with a livable income but we must all work and there must be jobs so who cares if the job pays $7.00 an hour if at the end of the week if you work 30 hours you end up with a livable wage? Subsidize work and you get work. Subsidize benefits and you get unemployed people with nothing to do but kill time.

Timmay

That is what I said yesterday. There are two separate issues. The peaceful protests must be supported. The people are properly exercising their Constitutional Rights to petition the government. On the otherhand the riots and looting has nothing to do with that and are hurting the rightful cause of the daytime protests. The rioting and looting is playing right into the hands of racists and those who don't realize this and defend the looting and rioting because they support the peaceful protests. This is not and must not happen. We need police reform and the requirement that police live in the neighborhood they police. We need economic reform, one that encourages work not by minimum wages increases but by government subsidizing people who work full time. Anyone who works 30 hours of more a week should end the week with a livable income but we must all work and there must be jobs so who cares if the job pays $7.00 an hour if at the end of the week if you work 30 hours you end up with a livable wage? Subsidize work and you get work. Subsidize benefits and you get unemployed people with nothing to do but kill time.
I’m sorry, but requiring police to live in the neighborhood they work is not even remotely possible in this day and age. Some small departments this can be done, but there are entirely too many variables and circumstances in play for this to even be a viable option or solution.

aw14

yea so my post with an officer yelling at another officer for shoving someone is negative thought? If a cop told Mr Chauvin get off his neck this entire situation would’ve been avoided.
Again- you neglect to address what was brought up. You specifically post negatives about police. That is certainly your prerogative. With that said never comment about anything positive like what I just posted after looking for four seconds. There in lies part of the problem

HongKongFooy

As of now 3 despicable cops complicit with murder walking freely under the legal doctrine of "qualified immunity" .

Again: 2 sets of justice:
Qualified immunity for police
No immunity for non police

Lilofan

yea so my post with an officer yelling at another officer for shoving someone is negative thought? If a cop told Mr Chauvin get off his neck this entire situation would’ve been avoided.
Residents could have made a citizens arrest in stopping Officer Chauvin from killing Mr Floyd but it could have been a deathwish if the other 3 heartless cops took it the wrong way and stopped it. If social media did not film this then the world would have never seen this and just another police cover up. My buddy a retired NYC officer once told me " We protect our own and we make sure we come up with the same story".

Top Bottom