General political chat

Lilofan

How is the military going to be able to handle this if this happens in so many cities across the nation? So sad. Also thanks for keeping us civil! You do a great job
5/4/70 Kent State
OH National Guard following direct orders fired on the protesting students on campus. 4 students dead. Protests stopped.

BuddyThomas

And Congratulations to you......for being the first to bring "Politics" into it. My next Macallan will be in honor of your post.
You posted this on the Political board. There are other boards, such as Chit Chat, if you don’t want politics. The orange blob’s self congratulating tweet should be coming any moment now. Stay tuned!

davis_unoxx

I’m hearing murmurs online among people my age in Ohio that they’re going to raid Cedar Point tonight.

What’s stopping these people from raiding a Disney park?

police resources are going to be stretched thin... I’m not trying to freak people out but it’s within the realm of possibility. A lot of these people want corporate America gone.

Lilofan

I’m hearing murmurs online among people my age in Ohio that they’re going to raid Cedar Point tonight.

What’s stopping these people from raiding a Disney park?

police resources are going to be stretched thin... I’m not trying to freak people out but it’s within the realm of possibility. A lot of these people want corporate America gone.
If there is a protest at WDW it would be at Disney Springs ( No admission required ) or at the entrance by the Crossroads Shopping Center down the road from DS. It doesn't matter. The media would portray it as "Disney World " and some protesting wearing Mickey Ears.

"El Scorpion"

Come back, plane.
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
You posted this on the Political board. There are other boards, such as Chit Chat, if you don’t want politics. The orange blob’s self congratulating tweet should be coming any moment now. Stay tuned!
You mean like:

"Today’s launch may mark the final flight of the Space Shuttle, but it propels us into the next era of our never-ending adventure to push the very frontiers of exploration and discovery in space. We’ll drive new advances in science and technology. We’ll enhance knowledge, education, innovation, and economic growth. And I have tasked the men and women of NASA with an ambitious new mission: to break new boundaries in space exploration, ultimately sending Americans to Mars. I know they are up to the challenge – and I plan to be around to see it.

Congratulations to Atlantis, her astronauts, and the people of America's space program on a picture-perfect launch, and good luck on the rest of your mission to the International Space Station, and for a safe return home. I know the American people share my pride at what we have accomplished as a nation, and my excitement about the next chapter of our preeminence in space."

BuddyThomas

You mean like:

"Today’s launch may mark the final flight of the Space Shuttle, but it propels us into the next era of our never-ending adventure to push the very frontiers of exploration and discovery in space. We’ll drive new advances in science and technology. We’ll enhance knowledge, education, innovation, and economic growth. And I have tasked the men and women of NASA with an ambitious new mission: to break new boundaries in space exploration, ultimately sending Americans to Mars. I know they are up to the challenge – and I plan to be around to see it.

Congratulations to Atlantis, her astronauts, and the people of America's space program on a picture-perfect launch, and good luck on the rest of your mission to the International Space Station, and for a safe return home. I know the American people share my pride at what we have accomplished as a nation, and my excitement about the next chapter of our preeminence in space."
It’s hysterical if you think that low life piece of trash could form a written paragraph.

MinnieM123

The irony of the CNN riot was stunning. CNN created their own monster.
Please bear with me, as I'm a little confused trying to interpret your response. Were you thinking that perhaps CNN was reporting too much on the protests (earlier yesterday), and then about the riots last night?

If the above is correct, I can share that I watched multiple news channels yesterday, and all of them had quite a bit of coverage, including interviews with various people. I don't think that CNN reported any more on the situation, than other TV stations.

(And for whatever reasons a dangerous mob chose to target their CNN headquarters, that was unforeseen act of aggression, and a frightening situation to all the people inside. :( )

"El Scorpion"

Come back, plane.
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
If there is a protest at WDW it would be at Disney Springs ( No admission required ) or at the entrance by the Crossroads Shopping Center down the road from DS. It doesn't matter. The media would portray it as "Disney World " and some protesting wearing Mickey Ears.
If they were there to protest "high prices" - I may just show up. I'd carry a sign for 30 minutes - Right next to Raglan - for a couple of large Guinness.

Grimley1968

Congratulations everyone. Especially Doug and Bob. "The McKenzie brothers go to space." It was is awesome to watch.
Outstanding job Elon, as well.
:joyfull: I kept hearing the names Doug and Bob and not quite putting the names together and why that was funny, but knew there was something funny about the names. Glad someone pointed it out.

It’s the first new American manned space vehicle since Space Shuttle Columbia in 1981. As it was then, it’s such a proud moment for Americans, and momentous for the future.

Last edited:

aw14

Please bear with me, as I'm a little confused trying to interpret your response. Were you thinking that perhaps CNN was reporting too much on the protests (earlier yesterday), and then about the riots last night?

If the above is correct, I can share that I watched multiple news channels yesterday, and all of them had quite a bit of coverage, including interviews with various people. I don't think that CNN reported any more on the situation, than other TV stations.

(And for whatever reasons a dangerous mob chose to target their CNN headquarters, that was unforeseen act of aggression, and a frightening situation to all the people inside. :( )
Not exactly. My feeling, based on their reporting, as pushed this narrative.

Examples:

Michael Brown hands up don’t shoot- proven false
Jussie Smollet- proven false
Covington Catholic- proven false

Eventually, you create a monster, and it bites you on the butt.

"El Scorpion"

Come back, plane.
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
:joyfull: I kept hearing the names Doug and Bob and not quite putting the names together and why that was funny, but knew there was something funny about the names. Glad someone pointed it out.

It’s the first new American manned space vehicle since Space Shuttle Columbia on 1981. As it was then, it’s such a proud moment for Americans, and momentous for the future.
If the next astronaut is named "Super Dave" - I'm going to worry a bit.

MinnieM123

Not exactly. My feeling, based on their reporting, as pushed this narrative.

Examples:

Michael Brown hands up don’t shoot- proven false
Jussie Smollet- proven false
Covington Catholic- proven false

Eventually, you create a monster, and it bites you on the butt.
Thank you for your explanation. In my opinion only, I think all news outlets make mistakes from time to time. But, I don't think that one news station is necessarily worse in that regard, than any other. So I may have to respectfully disagree (with your interpretation) that CNN created (a monster) in that sense.

"El Scorpion"

Come back, plane.
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Thank you for your explanation. In my opinion only, I think all news outlets make mistakes from time to time. But, I don't think that one news station is necessarily worse in that regard, than any other. So I may have to respectfully disagree (with your interpretation) that CNN created (a monster) in that sense.
With all due respect - They have ALL created a monster. FOX included. It has turned into a "Theatre of the Absurd". It's gotten to the point that when the local weatherman says "it's going to rain tomorrow" - I start pulling up meteorological charts to either support or debunk their claims.

aw14

They are all terrible. CNN, Fox, MSNBC, the list goes on and on.

My point is, CNN pushed that narrative hard for years. Now they are a victim of the result. The karma is a sight to behold.

Top Bottom