General political chat

TINKWINGS

Premium Member
Advertisement
Get ready for another Lie Conference. Darth Marmalade is getting ready to blow.
Think I will go clean my bathroom instead of watching...and take my frustration out on making my toilet great again......:cool:
..Make Stuhlgang Great Again – Die Trump Klobürste | Toilet brush ...

ImperfectPixie

Ok I just now read this and it frustrates me as trump did the same thing with protestors here in Michigan as a response on twitter....:rolleyes:. THAT does not help it just fuels the fire, as do many of his tweets that do not help the Governors handle the situation.....and yes this was back in April but.....Gov Walz like many other Governors have been telling the potus this doesn't help them handle situations during this pandemic and it continues......:cautious:

"Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz said he tried to speak with US President Donald Trump after the US leader tweeted “LIBERATE MINNESOTA" on Friday, but he didn't get a call in return.
Speaking at a news conference Friday, Walz said he called to ask, "What are we doing differently about moving towards getting as many people back into the workforce without compromising the health of Minnesotans or the providers?
He added that it "will probably take longer than a two-word tweet."
Protesters have gathered in front of the governor's residence for two days in a row to demonstrate against his statewide stay-at-home order. Walz urged protesters to follow social distancing guidelines.
On Friday, Trump tweeted "LIBERATE MINNESOTA" one day after saying he was leaving the reopening decisions up to the governors."

Then he again responded to the recent situation with the looting shooting tweet …..
Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz said President Trump's tweets – that suggested shooting looters – were "just not helpful."
"I did speak to the President. At that point in time, it was in the process where I said we were going to assume control of this and it was unnecessary," Walz said.
"I didn't know he's going to tweet, he certainly can... It's just not helpful," he added.
He said that state officials are "doing everything we can.
"In the moment where we're at, in a moment that is so volatile, anything we do to add fuel to that fire is really, really challenging," Walz said.

So yes of course the potus can tweet.....but shouldn't he be trying to HELP our country and Governors deal with crisis instead of making things worse? The old adage if you can't say something nice don't say anything at all might be a good strategy for him.....:bored:
I don't follow Trump on Twitter (I really am not a fan of most of Twitter, but I have an account so I can read stuff), but I have yet to see a tweet from him that's positive, or helpful, and I can't recall any that are even neutral. It seems like they all do nothing but further divide, insult one person or another, lash out, or some such other undesirable behavior that is common to trolls.

TINKWINGS

Premium Member
I don't follow Trump on Twitter (I really am not a fan of most of Twitter, but I have an account so I can read stuff), but I have yet to see a tweet from him that's positive, or helpful, and I can't recall any that are even neutral. It seems like they all do nothing but further divide, insult one person or another, lash out, or some such other undesirable behavior that is common to trolls.
Something that is NOT the norm with Obama or Biden.....or anyone else I can think of in similar role....;)

I don't go to read his stuff either Pixie, it usually catches my eye from an article posted elsewhere......not good for ones mental health or blood pressure to read that dribble...... :rolleyes:

The Mom

Premium Member
NYC running out of space.
That story was dated the first week of April. I think NYC's death rate has dropped, and they are now able to keep up with burials at local cemeteries - unless no one claims the body or a family cannot pay. But that has always been the case for Hart Island Burials.

ImperfectPixie

Hmm. The article below provides a different and more comprehensive description of what happened.
There are numerous things with this story that don't seem right...as in things done that shouldn't have been.

spacemt354

Chili's

So it wasn't just corporations that are being destroyed. I find it hard to believe that the violent segment of protests actually care about Mr. Floyd or his family.

How many of these rioters actually live in the community? And how many are nothing more than opportunists who are looking for an excuse to come to a community they have no affiliation with, just to cause chaos? It's very sad.

MinnieM123

Looks like charges of 3rd degree murder and 2nd degree manslaughter. I’m glad it wasn’t overcharged and now they likely will serve serious time.
I just heard on the news that Mr. Floyd's family issued a statement about the arrest of the policeman. They are requesting a first degree murder charge, (not what he's currently being charged with). They also want the other offices arrested (not sure what specific charges they want for them).

ImperfectPixie

I just heard on the news that Mr. Floyd's family issued a statement about the arrest of the policeman. They are requesting a first degree murder charge, (not what he's currently being charged with). They also want the other offices arrested (not sure what specific charges they want for them).
UGH. First degree murder would never stick. They need to be satisfied with second degree.

Not sure what the other officers could be charged with...accessory?

Dead2009

I just find it ironic that we have checkmarks on Twitter calling for violence in Minnesota and reporters being doxed for publishing pictures of people who are up there causing damage during their "protest" but Trump tweets something and OMG the world is gonna end. You can tell what Twitter's priority is.
Pretty sad that facts such as the post above gets a 😠 as a "rebuttal".

Disney Analyst

First degree would mean this man gets off, free of charges.

Unrelated to Minnie's post:

HongKongFooy

Looks like charges of 3rd degree murder and 2nd degree manslaughter. I’m glad it wasn’t overcharged and now they likely will serve serious time.
I'm sorry but this is just sheer naivete:

1) there is no "they". It is singular as in one. Only one will do time. The 3 costars will not. Expect indictments to appease the community and then charges dropped due to a lack of evidence.

2) it will be well under 5 years for the main star by the time the dust settles. I'm telling you now it's going to be something like a 3 year sentence and this cat will only do half.

You will see movement by the United States only as posturing. Never forget who is the boss of the US Justice Dept-----our boy Don who has a long history of pro police under every and all circumstance.

There will be no meaningful US involvement here, only Minnesota.

Even an Obama Justice Dept couldn't muster an indictment on behalf of Eric Garner.....let alone a conviction.
This will not be another Koons, Bresenio & Co. doing time for US civil rights violations....those days are far gone, ancient.

The streets will have to pick up the balance of justice once Minnesota fails them.

aw14

I'm sorry but this is just sheer naivete:

1) there is no "they". It is singular as in one. Only one will do time. The 3 costars will not. Expect indictments to appease the community and then charges dropped due to a lack of evidence.

2) it will be well under 5 years for the main star by the time the dust settles. I'm telling you now it's going to be something like a 3 year sentence and this cat will only do half.

You will see movement by the United States only as posturing. Never forget who is the boss of the US Justice Dept-----our boy Don who has a long history of pro police under every and all circumstance.

There will be no meaningful US involvement here, only Minnesota.

Even an Obama Justice Dept couldn't muster an indictment on behalf of Eric Garner.....let alone a conviction.
This will not be another Koons, Bresenio & Co. doing time for US civil rights violations....those days are far gone, ancient.

The streets will have to pick up the balance of justice once Minnesota fails them.
Honestly, I think you are wrong. I think he pleads out. Please guilty in exchange for a non gen pop placement.

I can’t speak for the other 3 as I do not believe they have been charged.

Lilofan

The officer charged screwed himself. If he just put Floyd in the squad car and took him to jail, the 19 year veteran of the police force could have worked one more year or more and be eligible for his police pension.

Top Bottom