General political chat

draybook

It's almost like they forgot they are a show that is intended to make people laugh :)
But not one word saying these people are awful.

I wouldn't say they're awful. Dumb, gullible, yes, but not awful. But I did finally get the chance to watch the video and it was hilarious. Some of their reactions after being caught contradicting themselves were priceless.

Grimley1968

Just watched the Minneapolis mayor’s presser. It was a waste of time that in itself will not calm things there. He should have had a local prosecutor with him announcing charges against the cops involved in Floyd’s death. Instead it was imprecise language talking about this time being a “marker for change”, blah blah blah, and most of the rest of the time involved the local police chief saying they’d keep the peace. That part was needed, but the mayor dropped the ball in not pushing harder for charges against the bad cops, or at least getting a federal DOJ official there. Like so many mayors and governors who have been exposed for weak leadership during the pandemic, the situation in Minneapolis seems to be exposing their mayor.

drizgirl

Georgia has the number 1 dubious honor of the highest percentage of state residents applying for unemployment, 42.5%. This is worse than the great depression for my friends in GA. Is this a state Trump expects to carry in November?
What's your answer for how the number could have been lower?

Club Cooloholic

I gotta say, its just freaking heartbreaking to watch that video, to see citizens pleas ignored, to see that man's life snuffed out like that, in broad daylight in front of all those witnesses. So brazen, I am truly sickened by it.

hakunamatata

Wake me up when its over
Premium Member
I gotta say, its just freaking heartbreaking to watch that video, to see citizens pleas ignored, to see that man's life snuffed out like that, in broad daylight in front of all those witnesses. So brazen, I am truly sickened by it.
We agree on that.

ImperfectPixie

It's awful.

Laketravis

Premium Member
If this is legit, this is huge. The exec order will revisit Sec 230(c) and essentially force social media outfits to define themselves as true Platforms (and thus not liable for their user's content, but ALSO not allowed to censor beyond the law), OR define themselves as Publishers (in which case they get to censor all they want, but would then be *liable* for their allowed content).

Club Cooloholic

If this is legit, this is huge. The exec order will revisit Sec 230(c) and essentially force social media outfits to define themselves as true Platforms (and thus not liable for their user's content, but ALSO not allowed to censor beyond the law), OR define themselves as Publishers (in which case they get to censor all they want, but would then be *liable* for their allowed content).

:hungover:
The face WDWMAGIC just made

ImperfectPixie

Interesting...

BuddyThomas

This article is petty and a waste of time, but then again, so is CNN.

Did they have a running tally of the estimated 128 Americans per day that died of an opioid overdose in 2018?
Or that up to 40% of all cancer deaths are linked to smoking according to the CDC?
Or how about the 300,000 deaths per year from the obesity epidemic according to the NIH?

Both smoking and obesity are the #1 and #2 leading causes of preventable deaths in the United States but I don't see those numbers on the news networks.
Why are you deflecting??? We are not talking about smoking or obesity here. If I ride the subway and some complete idiot without a mask coughs on me, I do not suddenly become obese or get lung cancer.

Disney Analyst

TRUMP, BUTT OUT OF THE INTERNET OLD MAN. LEAVE US ALONE.

BuddyThomas

You actually can take preventative measures - ensure you have enough Vitamin D3, Vitamin C, natural minerals, exercise outdoors, healthy diet, plenty of sleep; can it still get you? Sure. Just like if you have a hereditary gene or are just unlucky, you can still get cancer despite being perfectly healthy, or gain weight despite a decent diet.

The point I make is having a running tally constantly in their chyron or sidebar; does nothing other than grab attention. You can highlight any figure of mass fatality per year for that attention but that hasn't been the case.

Showing the number does nothing to break down how many of those deaths have come from nursing homes (and certain Governor executive orders contributed to those numbers) and it does nothing to inform the public what steps you can take to protect yourselves.
You don’t think it is important to have a running tally of fatalities during a worldwide pandemic that has killed 100,000 Americans in less than four months???? Wow. Just wow.

Top Bottom