General political chat

Timmay

Advertisement
I've been watching CSPAN-2, for their coverage of the SpaceX / NASA preparations for the "Dragon" spacecraft, atop the Falcon 9 rocket, at Cape Canaveral. :)

Initially, I wasn't sure how I felt about a joint collaboration between a private company and NASA. But now, I think it's a good idea to share both expertise and expenses.

(As a side note, it was fun to see the two Tesla white cars [both displayed the "worm" and "meatball" NASA logos on them], as the attendants drove the two astronauts to the launch pad today. Those cars also featured the DeLorean style wing doors -- very cool.)

So if any of you are interested, lift-off is scheduled for 4:33 PM (EDT) today, weather permitting. I also heard that the major networks will be airing liftoff "live" as well. If weather scrubs today's mission, they try again Saturday.
Well, so much for that. Saturday is the next window.

Lilofan

The “war” on drugs is one of the biggest policy failures of the federal government... ever.

It should have ended years ago, or better yet never been started.
I think Nixon proclaimed the war on drugs in the early 1970s with many smoking pot. Reagan I remember declared the war on drugs in 1982. That was the heyday of the cocaine cowboys and what built up the Miami skyline and parts of South Florida. Money laundering was legal until the mid 1980s so pretty much Miami was built up and revitalized thanks to drug profits.

figmentfan423

Obama cancelling Project Constellation was the right move as it was over budget and rudderless. Fortunately, NASA reused a lot of the ideas And tech for the upcoming Project Artemis which is a suprisingly good thing Trump has done in terms of space policy.

For the record I’m a Libertarian who is actually for NASA, the amount we give fractions of pennies on the dollar in the entire federal “dollar” is worth the return; in fact we should increase it. Most government programs are endless money pits, NASA on the other hand has been a very good return on investment.

In terms of the launch today? Looking forward to a successful one.
Have you taken a side trip over to KSC?

Grimley1968

Next launch window is 3:22 pm Saturday.

One thing I prefer about SpaceX versus NASA countdowns is that I don’t think they have that artificial hold at -2:00 like NASA did with every manned launch, and if there’s a scrub they just come out with it immediately instead of 30 minutes of speculation about the delay. Private launches, especially SpaceX launches, seem to be mercifully free of some of the archaic safety delays, while still holding to strict safety rules.

Last edited:

figmentfan423

Next launch window is 3:22 pm Saturday.

One thing I prefer about SpaceX versus NASA countdowns is that I don’t think they have that artificial hold at -2:00 like NASA did with every manned launch, and if there’s a scrub they just come out with it immediately instead of 30 minutes of speculation about the delay. Private launches, especially SpaceX launches, seem to be mercifully free of some of the archaic safety delays, while still holding to strict safety rules.
Thank you I got as far as scrubbed and had to immediately get some food ready. BTW to my boys no studying does not make you hungry!!!!!!!!!!! Late enough I don't have to change my shopping plans:inlove::inlove::inlove:

The Real Buzz Lightyear

In the Parks
No
It’s ridiculous how some members on this forum get treated better than others. I have seen conduct from some that deserves a permanent ban from the site but I guess it’s all good. There’s a reason why I don’t want to come back to this thread anymore it’s become so divisive and just mean. I couldn’t believe what happened to 21 stamps but I’m not shocked some posters here are absolutely mean and not good people. Most of you are very good people. It’s the vocal and mean ones that make this chat a dumpster fire. Peace everyone

Last edited by a moderator:

ImperfectPixie

Disney Analyst

Just as a note, we are getting to our second wave here in Korea after opening everything full back up. Turns out A/C has strongly contributed to the spread of the virus. So before the CDC tells you to do so, I would advise limit AC when you are with people you don't know that well and utlize natural's AC/Fans in the window
I can see that. Thank goodness I do not own A/C ...

The Real Buzz Lightyear

In the Parks
No
He's talking out his behind...there's no way he'll be allowed to do anything.
What he is saying is just stupid rhetoric and plus he’s venting as well. The dude should really not have Twitter. He sometimes digs himself an even bigger hole. However he does have a point conservatives are shadow Anne day and have their stuff messed with on Twitter just because they are conservatives. That’s just wrong in my opinion, however the government should not interfere in social media. Heck China does that.

Lilofan

I was hoping for a launch today, now I have to reschedule a few things here Saturday morning. I'm the one who is going do reschedule my grocery run to watch:D
I was at DHS one evening about 20 years ago. In the middle of Hollywood Blvd we felt a sonic boom and everyone looked up in the clear dark sky. There was a shuttle launch. Some were crying for joy, many taking pictures and all applauding. The shuttle rocketing into space is something to behold.

Lilofan

Just as a note, we are getting to our second wave here in Korea after opening everything full back up. Turns out A/C has strongly contributed to the spread of the virus. So before the CDC tells you to do so, I would advise limit AC when you are with people you don't know that well and utlize natural's AC/Fans in the window
Thanks for the update but people in Florida cannot survive without AC.

drizgirl

They will have to pry the A/C control from my cold dead hands.

Maybe they should just let people do more things..... outdoors. Tennis anyone? Still can't play here. Guess we'll just sit in the house.

draybook

I'm not calling for him to be banned, but this is the second time he changed the subject to bait Buddy. I'm not saying Buddy doesn't ever post anything for a reaction but he's clearly ignoring dray's attempts.

I'm pointing out a politician's failure to protect his people just like that certain poster does time after time after time after time. Report it if you like. If they agree then they will take it down. Tagging them is like flailing your arms and yelling look at me!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom