• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

General political chat

Club Cooloholic

Well, dude did compare racial injustice to voluntarily attending a private school, so, yeah...
You seem to think being gay is a choice...since in your own words being black isn't. I compared making social changes through acts of defiance, some are big some are small, but all are necessary.

draybook

You seem to think being gay is a choice...since in your own words being black isn't. I compared making social changes through acts of defiance, some are big some are small, but all are necessary.

Well, one is scientifically proven to be a DNA thing. Can you link me to facts showing the other is definitively so? I'm also pretty sure that you can hide being gay(not that one should have to) Don't think there's much you can do about being black. And comparing a situation in which thousands and thousands of people were subjected to treatment that sometimes included being murdered to a situation in which someone VOLUNTARILY kept attending a private school is asinine at best.

Club Cooloholic

Well, one is scientifically proven to be a DNA thing. Can you link me to facts showing the other is definitively so? I'm also pretty sure that you can hide being gay(not that one should have to) Don't think there's much you can do about being black. And comparing a situation in which thousands and thousands of people were subjected to treatment that sometimes included being murdered to a situation in which someone VOLUNTARILY kept attending a private school is asinine at best.
Given your personal history, I can only wish you had changed your viewpoint on some things...but you won't. That's why you're a dangerous man in my opinion.

LittleBuford

Being gay is not a choice. Thousands upon thousands of gay people have been abused, hurt, and murdered for being who they are. Try as I might before I came out, I was never able to hide the fact I was gay, and I know the same is true of many other gay people whose sexuality is woven into their very mannerisms.

I’m not drawing comparisons, merely stating what really shouldn’t have to be stated in this day and age.

aw14

This is a really inappropriate post. Specifically, if you are unfamiliar with this case, and why it happened. as well as the impact on law in NJ education afterward. Working in education in NJ, I am sadly very familiar

@LittleBuford is 100% correct on this. Please delete.

LittleBuford

I’m confused. What’s wrong with sharing this young mans story? I had never heard of him before and I for one am glad to now know his name and his story.
I'm with @Disney Analyst. It's a tragic story but to share and learn from it, what's the big deal? Storytelling can be very powerful and eye opening.
It’s a well-known story. What does it have to do with anyone here?
It was the context in which it was brought up. Not all of us know that context, but some of us do. I don’t think it should be discussed further, as it touches on another forum member’s personal history. There’s nothing objectionable about the story itself.

Last edited:

draybook

Angel Rodriguez, one of 143 Cubans on the shelter's waiting list of 1,484 people, has had bright moments in Mexico, including a beautiful Christmas meal. But the 51-year-old rarely goes outside and says being sent back to Mexico to wait for court dates would be dangerous.

“That's sending me to hell again,” said Rodriguez, who hopes to settle with friends in Dallas or Miami. “If I'm going to seek asylum, I'm going to look to a country that is the safest and respects human rights. That country is the United States of America."

Quick, somebody better tell her that we hate foreigners and we have no sympathy or respect for them!!

Willmark

Quick, somebody better tell her that we hate foreigners and we have no sympathy or respect for them!!
I wonder how many people who are so quick to condemn America and specifically those Americans they disagree with politically, would trade place with any of the of the people trying to get in? As in would they like to experience what it’s like to live in say Venezuela? Even Bernie has backed off praising it as a “marvel” as has Sean Penn who used to sing it’s praises.

I don’t say this as a “if you don’t like America, leave it statement” I say this as statement of most Americans have zero idea what it’s like elsewhere particularly on when it comes to say human sexuality (borrowing from this morning discussion). The US is by no means perfect but listening to some here you’d think that the US is ranked near some of the gulf states. It’s not.

More practically it often seems “why are we not Canada or Europe” on both the topic of immigration (legal and illegal) as well as treatment of human rights as it relates to sexuality.

TLDR? The US is by no means perfect on these two topics but far better than most, and often revolves around “how come we/you’re not Europe?”

Top Bottom