• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

General political chat

Willmark

Valid points you shared, and I'm not disputing your analysis.

I think the issue is more of an emotional (not legal) one. I'm straight, and can't relate to the girl's sexual identity; but I do have a heart, and just feel bad for any child struggling with certain situations.
I don’t really have a stance in the girl personally as we don’t even know all the particulars. I’m not entirely convinced it’s about her sexuality.

The bigger point that I’m getting at is traditional religion in the US is always or nearly so going to be at odds with the LGBT community. It should come as no surprise that’s the case with this story.

Last edited:

Willmark

Advertisement
Thanks for your response. I agree with the first two paragraphs and don’t want to speculate regarding the rest.
I think it’s a function of working in IT, my job requires fixing what’s broken. Most often one has to consider multiple possibilities and figure out what it’s not.

That tends to make me suspect of anything I hear or read. Couple this with my time as a FF/EMT? In general people are truthful about everyday situations. When it involves themselves? Far, far less which is what I’m getting at with these last responses.

LittleBuford

The bigger point that I’m getting at is traditional religion in the US is always or nearly so going to be at odds eith the LGBT community.
Among denominations that can be labelled “traditional” (at least liturgically), the Episcopal Church is a notable exception (I’m sure there are others).

MinnieM123

Yesterday afternoon, I saw on C-SPAN, parts of (a Jan. 15th repeat of a meeting) from an oversight committee, about Facial Recognition Technology, and the various implications contained therein.

If anyone is interested, I put the link below (very long, maybe just scan through a few sections that might interest you). There were 5 expert witnesses, and a Q&A. There were a number of glitches identified, privacy concerns, and how there were a few breaches of the data from these systems. It's complex. (Some companies are even thinking about using AI for screening job applicants.)

aw14

One thing that’s getting lost in this discussion is that Kayla, as a child, cannot be said to have chosen to live under those rules.
True but her parent/guardian did. She still needs to follow the rules.

Based on your premise (I believe) because kids can’t choose to attend, they aren’t subjected to rules ? In other words, being a child does not exempt her from rules, ridiculous or not.

LittleBuford

True but her parent/guardian did. She still needs to follow the rules.

Based on your premise (I believe) because kids can’t choose to attend, they aren’t subjected to rules ? In other words, being a child does not exempt her from rules, ridiculous or not.
That’s not what I’m saying. My point is that some of the commentary (I’m not saying yours) is treating her as a reprobate who is wilfully contravening the rules that she herself signed up to, rather than as a child whose own agency in joining such a school was limited at best.

Nubs70

Club Cooloholic

Feel free to use the map. Click on protected category and select anti Jewish. You’ll see- you are incorrect. You’re welcome
I will do this one more time, see if you can follow along....if I say to you New Mexico had 2,000 instances of Native American dying of lung cancer last yr vs 5 in New Jersey, by your method of reasoning displayed so far you would conclude that, if you live in New Mexico and you are Native American, you are more likely to die from lung cancer than if you live in New Jersey, because you are choosing to take into account the population levels of Native Americans being substantially higher in New Mexico which is going to skew instances of everything related to Native Ameicans to be higher.

Go ahead laugh emoji away at logical reasoning.

Nubs70

I will do this one more time, see if you can follow along....if I say to you New Mexico had 2,000 instances of Native American dying of lung cancer last yr vs 5 in New Jersey, by your method of reasoning displayed so far you would conclude that, if you live in New Mexico and you are Native American, you are more likely to die from lung cancer than if you live in New Jersey, because you are choosing to take into account the population levels of Native Americans being substantially higher in New Mexico which is going to skew instances of everything related to Native Ameicans to be higher.

Or the population density of Native Americans are equal in New Mexico and New Jersey and there is some environmental influence that resides in New Mexico that does not reside in New Jersey.

Lilofan

Last edited:

aw14

I provided you the map. Use it as you wish. Stop deflecting because you’re incorrect and it’s embarrassing at this point. The trend has become more anti Semitic crimes in blue cities and states in current day. This truly isn’t difficult.

I’d put a sad emoji since your post is just that....sad

Club Cooloholic

I provided you the map. Use it as you wish. Stop deflecting because you’re incorrect and it’s embarrassing at this point. The trend has become more anti Semitic crimes in blue cities and states in current day. This truly isn’t difficult.

I’d put a sad emoji since your post is just that....sad
I used it logically, while you keep heaping insults, kinda your formula anymore.
I haven't even delved into your reasoning that all crimes committed in a "blue" city mean they were what, committed by Democrats? Does this mean everyone living in New York is a Democrat? Ridiculous.

Lilofan

Show me an article on a repub where this is the same, and I’ll Post that as well. I’ll wait for you 👍🏻
McConnell and Chao used political power to make their families rich as examples but c'mon you can do better, saying one is not partisan, but one zeroing in on Dems....😒

Last edited:
Top Bottom