• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

General political chat

Club Cooloholic

Advertisement
I was simply referring to being desensitized in general. It happens outside this forum as well
I guess people who want to vote for someone who's behavior they admit they have become desensitized to, need to look inside a little bit.

hakunamatata

Make The Universe Balanced Again
Premium Member
I guess people who want to vote for someone who's behavior they admit they have become desensitized to, need to look inside a little bit.
Once people come to the realization that the people we elect, support, “idolize “, befriend, etc are flawed by nature, the sooner we as people will be more understanding of others and will get along better. Do I agree with the views of others in this forum, no, but I dont hate them either. Do I agree with the preferred candidates of some in here, no, but I dont summarily cast them into a group and lob insults simply because they prefer a different candidate.

Club Cooloholic

Once people come to the realization that the people we elect, support, “idolize “, befriend, etc are flawed by nature, the sooner we as people will be more understanding of others and will get along better. Do I agree with the views of others in this forum, no, but I dont hate them either. Do I agree with the preferred candidates of some in here, no, but I dont summarily cast them into a group and lob insults simply because they prefer a different candidate.
There are flaws and there is being a bad human being (not you, but I don't think Trump is a good person). Trump happens to be a man I would not trust with money or my loved ones. Just my opinion. Where I think problems occur is when we get into a defense of the man, and this cuts both ways, people on the left get defensive of their candidates too. We have to remember if someone is calling him a blob.. they aren't calling YOU a blob.

Last edited:

hakunamatata

Premium Member
No one is lobbing insults at you. Get over it. If you feel guilt about supporting a racist, cheating, lying criminal, that’s on you. In the meantime, in a now deleted post, one of you people called me a “white supremacist” yesterday and lied and said I trashed Hispanics on Sunday when I wasn’t even on the site on Sunday. THAT is an insult. Questioning your unwavering support of the orange blob is not.
Can you clarify what you mean by “you people”?

Oh and I didnt support Hillary so....

draybook

I'm cool with who I am. Law abiding, pay my taxes, spend quality time with my family, etc. I'm not desensitized to him, I know that how he acts is normal. The fact is that people are accustomed to politicians playing a role of being saints. That's why they act so offended when the politicians do something "normal".

Last edited:

Lilofan

I'm cool with who I am. Law abiding, pay my taxes, spend quality time with my family, etc. I'm no desensitized to him, I know that how he acts is normal. The fact is that people are accustomed to politicians playing a role of being saints. That's why they act so offended when the politicians do something "normal".
I think some people look up to politicians like they look up to people in power, influence, etc, cops, upper level executives, doctors, lawyers, etc. When these folks make human mistakes or do unethical practices, it just get so magnified with some help from the media. But one thing that separates them from the common man from people in power and influence, I don't have a PR system damage control, spin the story, to assist me. If I dug my own hole, I have to figure a way to get out of it.

hakunamatata

Premium Member
I think some people look up to politicians like they look up to people in power, influence, etc, cops, upper level executives, doctors, lawyers, etc. When these folks make human mistakes or do unethical practices, it just get so magnified with some help from the media. But one thing that separates them from the common man from people in power and influence, I don't have a PR system damage control, spin the story, to assist me. If I dug my own hole, I have to figure a way to get out of it.
And the regular folk dont have a congressional slush fund to pay off people when they get caught.

LittleBuford

Didnt you know that everybody's world is what they want it to be? Thats been the message our culture has been putting out for a while now. You cant judge other because ......
I didn’t say I judged him or anyone else. I merely indicated that I don’t consider his behaviour to be at all typical of how most people around me act. On the contrary, he defies all the standard rules of civility that our culture instils in us.

ETA: It should be clear that I’m referring to personal conduct as it relates to issues of decorum, courtesy, and respect, not to one’s individual mannerisms or life choices, which, so long as they don’t adversely affect others, aren’t anyone else’s business.

Last edited:

LittleBuford

Keep deluding yourself. Everyone has skeletons in their closet, even the people in "your world".
👇
It should be clear that I’m referring to personal conduct as it relates to issues of decorum, courtesy, and respect, not to one’s individual mannerisms or life choices, which, so long as they don’t adversely affect others, aren’t anyone else’s business.

hakunamatata

Premium Member
I'm dying laughing at all of the people mad on Twitter because Vince Vaughn had a civil conversation with Trump at the game last night.
Have you seen mentioned the Sanders campaign staffer that was caught commenting that Trump supporters were going to have to be “re-educated”. Sounds kind of Nazi-esque.

oh and also this
2307D2F3-82A8-4A74-8F37-8E1ABFD27466.jpeg

Tony the Tigger

Once people come to the realization that the people we elect, support, “idolize “, befriend, etc are flawed by nature, the sooner we as people will be more understanding of others and will get along better
So, no standards?

That would have come in handy in the Clinton impeachment.

Let's be clear: Trump is our first openly morally bereft president who was never held accountable for not only cheating, but cheating with paid for women as well as cheating via sexually assaulting unwilling women.

I agree with the preferred candidates of some in here, no, but I dont summarily cast them into a group and lob insults simply because they prefer a different candidate.
What if they support Roy Moore? Is that cool?

Top Bottom